Hot Toys - Hulkbuster (with Jackhammer arm)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thinking about getting this figure using some Sideshow Rewards. I haven't ordered anything using Rewards since SS has started collecting taxes. Does anyone know if SS collects tax on the full price or just the amount after Rewards are applied? Also what do you think the damage will be in shipping charges? The shipping charges for just a regular 1/6 figure seem to have really jumped in the last few months.

I am pretty sure tax is charged only on the adjusted amount of the figure after rewards. I just pre-ordered this last week and used a couple hundred bucks in rewards and my taxes were for the adjusted value, I believe.

Yeah it's just the tax on what you're actually paying out.

This would be my only Hot Toys of 2020.

Just the damn price is so much with the Deluxe haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could just buy the jackhammer arm and use it as a Hulk accessory. Just break it near the top so it looks like he tore it off of the Hulkbuster suit. :lol

No no, I want to buy Hulkbuster WITHOUT the jackhammer arm and save $300 bucks. I wouldn't sell off the arm because if I ever had to resell the Hulkbuster, it'd kill the value. Oh well, at this point it'll just be a very expensive accessory that sits in the box along with all my other unused switchout options...

Received mine earlier this week and had to postpone the replacement until the weekend...i though it will take some time and wanted not too hurry. I was right...and it took much, much longer than expected. Over 1.5 hours...the original arm on my HB 1.0 was totally stuck in place.
There's also an issue of the ratchet alignment at the lower interchangeable part...here out of the box the ratchet was misaligned, thus it was not possible to attach the interlocking arm. You need to slot in the cylinder piece first and prepare the ratchet joint "outside" first, then you can proceed with attaching it to the upper arm. All details later in my video review.

I really hope this is just mine and other 1.0 owners won't run in the same issue. On a positive note: once attached it's definitely a cool add-on and I'll keep it this way for sure (...no way I'll do this procedure again...).

Some photos first, video takes some time to render:

22.png

8.png

18.png

21.png

2.png

Some more shots here on my website: https://www.xenom0rph.com/2020/05/hot-toys-hulkbuster-accessories-set-16.html

Thanks Hoody999! :hi5:

Here the video:

Nice video. A pity you had so much trouble with the arm.

I know it's hindsight now, but perhaps a hairdryer applied to the arm clip would have helped a bit to warm it up and make it a bit more flexible. Probably over time it has become a bit hardened. Plastic does that.

Anyway great review. Definitely good to know about the lower arm orientation (for metal piece). Perhaps they just didn't click it into quite the right position at the factory ?

Also very keen to see your home cinema setup once done !

Nothing for me on the full deluxe piece. I will say that I just ordered it a few weeks ago so I assume I'll be one of the first to get it based on Sideshow's random shipping algorithm! :)

Nothing for me on the full deluxe piece. I will say that I just ordered it a few weeks ago so I assume I'll be one of the first to get it based on Sideshow's random shipping algorithm! :)

Haha yes no doubt.

I'm in Europe and have pre-ordered from LCDN in Belgium. Was just trying to get a feeling if Hot Toys have managed to get full Deluxes out to suppliers yet.

LCDN still have it as July on their site, so I'm not expecting it any time soon (they're typically pretty late). However maybe, just maybe with a smalller run HT may not have as many to ship and we get them sooner ?? Pipe dream I know considering how complex they are to make.

Back