Hot Toys Holiday Special Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2nd version of SSC's Fett is the one that doesn't come with the Carbonite chamber base correct? What are the differences/improvements with the figure?

The 2nd version of SSC's Fett is the one that doesn't come with the Carbonite chamber base correct? What are the differences/improvements with the figure?

As far as I know, base, suit color, armor color, Jetpack has a detachable missile with some hooks? and I think less hands

I've been shopping around for a SS Fett but have always wanted the one with the Carbonite chamber base. Always thought the figures were exactly the same. I still want an HT ESB version (have the ROTJ) but SS's has always caught my eye.

As far as I know, base, suit color, armor color, Jetpack has a detachable missile with some hooks? and I think less hands

yeah, mainly armor paint and jumpsuit (its actually better tailored as well as a different color). The resculpted the abdomen armor a bit too. Rifle is painted much better and the body is more solid as well.

I have the first version to compare, the difference is night and day in hand. And honestly I dont miss the Bespin base and extra hands at all on the reissue. (though I know the base is super popular and most folks dont feel the same as I on that)

yeah, mainly armor paint and jumpsuit (its actually better tailored as well as a different color). The resculpted the abdomen armor a bit too. Rifle is painted much better and the body is more solid as well.

I have the first version to compare, the difference is night and day in hand. And honestly I dont miss the Bespin base and extra hands at all on the reissue. (though I know the base is super popular and most folks dont feel the same as I on that)

Sounds like if i'd have to go with the 2nd Version... I doubt i'd use the base in my collection unless i had him on his own shelf, which wouldn't be the case. Well if i have extra funds (pshhh) and the HT version doesn't release I have a few places i can pick him up from. Then again with all these upcoming figures coming out... We'll see.
Thanks Lipsmack Reefer Shark :)

225f911eac3a85d0a01a64a65785db1c.jpg

27da693bfb2fd52adbb5e62226411095.jpg

This may be the only Star Wars HT figure I ever buy. Always loved Fett's animated design.

It works out for me since I just use the base IG-88 came out and will leave the rest of the Bounty Hunters on generic black stands.

It's a shame Sideshow didn't bother making Executor-styled bases for them.

It works out for me since I just use the base IG-88 came out and will leave the rest of the Bounty Hunters on generic black stands.

It's a shame Sideshow didn't bother making Executor-styled bases for them.

Executor styled bases would have been pretty cool! Better than Bespin style since IG-88 and the others were never shown on Bespin in the flick.

It looks like the ROTJ re-painted. It has the same poorly sculpted helmet. Hopefully they resculpt ESB Fett as ever since the glaring difference in the shape of the helmet was pointed out to me I have not enjoyed owning the ROTJ...

This may be the only Star Wars HT figure I ever buy. Always loved Fett's animated design.

With the sudden explosion of HT PO reveals today, I'm really surprised this wasn't one of them. Three DC and three Marvel but no SW.

It appears they held Of on new SW POs due to the Recent Jedi Luke PO and 2 SW final product new releases.

It looks like the ROTJ re-painted. It has the same poorly sculpted helmet. Hopefully they resculpt ESB Fett as ever since the glaring difference in the shape of the helmet was pointed out to me I have not enjoyed owning the ROTJ...

Yup. Not surprised, but still a bummer. That helmet is bad

This is just the prototype so I hope they do changes an improvements to the helmet so we can have later a ESB version of him.

This is just the prototype so I hope they do changes an improvements to the helmet so we can have later a ESB version of him.

I hope that's the case but I feel like this will be the way they milk the ROTJ mold one last time before R&D gets to the ESB version.

I'm hoping for a 100% all new sculpted figure for the ESB Fett: helmet, armour, suit and jet pack.
But who knows how many reused parts they'll throw in.

No way they will redo the helmet for this Fett. One can always hope for the ESB version.

Back