1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the two pack from BBTS come with everything that the exclusive from SST have? On BBTS is shows - *****Set Exclusive Angry Face, set of half-curled hands and 1/6 Scale Potted Groot with arms (all three shown in Aux2 pic) - Baby Potted Groot Without Arms is NOT included*****

The on one of their pics, it shows all the exclusives that the SST website shows.

The confusion is there are pieces that are exclusive to the set (available in the 2 pack no matter where it is sold) and an exclusive item only available from Sideshow.

The Sideshow exclusive accessory is potted baby Groot WITHOUT arms. This is only available from Sideshow/HT directly.

The items that are exclusive to the 2 pack are: dancing potted Groot, angry adult Groot head and extra hands. These can only be gotten from the 2 pack, but will come with ALL versions of the two pack, no matter who sells it. If you buy Groot and Rocket separately (ie, not in the 2 pack), you will not get these items.

Hope that clarifies things.

Sideshow did have a warehouse in Europe years ago, apparently.. but for some reason they shut it down. I would just like them to offer the exclusives here in Europe, that's all.. for a reasonable price.. but the EU prices are inflated because Hot Toys needs their cut, then Sideshow and ultimately the EU retailers.. wish it was just possible to cut out the middle-man, Sideshow in this case. Then we could at least pay the same prices the North Americans do..

I totally agree with you there for the exclusives ..

For the prices, I don't know if Sideshow is to blame or not.
My local reseller is an official hot toys distributor (they got figures like Midas before it even was on Sideshow's site), which I thought would mean they get it directly from Hot toys, and the prices still are higher than what the North Americans pay, so I don't know ..
Or maybe I'm completely wrong and they also order from Sideshow, I will ask my reseller next time I pass by !

I totally agree with you there for the exclusives ..

For the prices, I don't know if Sideshow is to blame or not.
My local reseller is an official hot toys distributor (they got figures like Midas before it even was on Sideshow's site), which I thought would mean they get it directly from Hot toys, and the prices still are higher than what the North Americans pay, so I don't know ..
Or maybe I'm completely wrong and they also order from Sideshow, I will ask my reseller next time I pass by !

Well, that seller buying from Hot Toys directly is not forced to have cheaper prices only because they can. The ones cutting out the middleman are making a lot more if they charge just as much as the EU retailers buying from Sideshow.

Well, that seller buying from Hot Toys directly is not forced to have cheaper prices only because they can. The ones cutting out the middleman are making a lot more if they charge just as much as the EU retailers buying from Sideshow.

That is possible, I don't know.
Anyway, in this case, I'm pretty chuffed about getting baby groot in this set, as it's the first "kinda" exclusive accessory I'm getting !

I'm a sucker for exclusives. But I try to be sensible about it, weighing up the extra cost. I can see value when the ex is an extra sculpt, and in this case the ex is actually a complete character.

Okay, so it's only a twig in a plant pot. :)

But I can see value in going for it over the regular. It's something I know I would miss if I didn't have it. And I'd rather secure it now than hope to pick one up afterwards for a good price.

That's the problem, most of the exclusives are awesome ! :lol

But this one really is a good one ! (even though I feel that the people that haven't seen the movie and see this will be pretty confused :"Erm, so why do you have a stick in a pot on display already ?")

I had ordered just the Groot figure a few weeks back....just canceled that and ordered this set....here's the crazy part....still don't care for the Rocket figure much (he looks too big) but I want all of the Groot that HT is offering, extra sculpt hands and potted ones! More Groot! :)

I had ordered just the Groot figure a few weeks back....just canceled that and ordered this set....here's the crazy part....still don't care for the Rocket figure much (he looks too big) but I want all of the Groot that HT is offering, extra sculpt hands and potted ones! More Groot! :)

Rocket could get fixed though :dunno, its just a prototype, with enough complaints Hot Toys sometimes fix things..... so be vocal

Back