1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually think the scale is just about on point. I think the issue is more that in the movie, when Rocket perched atop Groot, he's more to the the back of Groot (climbing on his back and shoulders) which makes Rocket look smaller because of the forced perspective, while most of the "Rocket on top" poses we've been using - myself included - have Rocket more to the side:

55eimage.jpg

6f8image.jpg

359image.jpg

f1fimage.jpg

3c3image.jpg

Last edited:
went out of town to Houston & stopped @ a comic shop here & they just happened to have the set on the shelf! I couldn't resist purchasing after seeing in person(I would've bought them online eventually). I'll take some pics of all my guardians wen I get back home, if u guys aren't tired from all the rocket/groot pics yet :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Five by five it is. I have Faith that my raccoon is normal. :wink1:

Mine spends too much time next to the Willow tree. :wink1:

I actually think the scale is just about on point. I think the issue is more that in the movie, when Rocket perched atop Groot, he's more to the the back of Groot (climbing on his back and shoulders) which makes Rocket look smaller because of the forced perspective, while most of the "Rocket on top" poses we've been using - myself included - have Rocket more to the side:

359image.jpg

The other thing is that, in that escape scene, Groot had previously grown big, and he still looks bigger than usual when Rocket climbs up. The thing that throws it off is that Groot's head is still (roughly) in proportion with the rest of the body, so if he's taller, his head must've grown a bit too. But I agree that perspective makes a difference too- I spent the first half hour with these figures trying to figure out why Rocket looked so big on Groot's arm. :slap

I see what you did there. :wink1:

I think it's time to end that wink train. :stake (okay, no more starting now)

HT Rocket looks about the correct height in relation to HT Star-Lord.

It's Groot that HT made in his more 'manageable' size. So while they allowed the option of positioning Rocket on his shoulders, it's not really a scene accurate pairing.

But I love having the little fuzzball striding out in front, and Groot standing passively at the back.

I agree that Rocket's the right height for the scale. It just took me longer to figure out that Groot was the one who was out of scale for the scene I wanted to recreate. If I weren't so attached to angry Groot, I'd totally have an aggressive Rocket posed with a passive Groot. That's a nice contrast, especially with their size difference.

P
Mine spends too much time next to the Willow tree. :wink1:

The other thing is that, in that escape scene, Groot had previously grown big, and he still looks bigger than usual when Rocket climbs up. The thing that throws it off is that Groot's head is still (roughly) in proportion with the rest of the body, so if he's taller, his head must've grown a bit too. But I agree that perspective makes a difference too- I spent the first half hour with these figures trying to figure out why Rocket looked so big on Groot's arm. :slap

Great point, Skizz. I had forgotten about the "Groot grow" part of the equation, but that is certainly a big part of it (no pun intended), probably the biggest part (okay, I meant the pun that time) :wink1:.

Rocket & Groot landed 2 days after my birthday so the timing was pretty good :)

Very happy with both figures and am looking forward to my second set arriving so I can also display Angry Groot with Rocket on his shoulders.

Finally arrived. Quick photo with iPhone:
VAiAifL.jpg
Amazing figure. Groots eyes looks so alive and with feelings.

Any know how to fix Rockets whiskers? Mine is down and up on each side like in the image :slap

Just opened mine also, what great figures, picked up Gamora also put her together tomorrow

Back