1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I adore groot's eyes and expression.
1_zps2kr5kstv.jpg

Amazing pic!

chances of groot getting FOTY??

he looks amazing and articulation is beyond what i expected...

chomp chomp chompin' at the bit!!!!! waiting for ANY kind of notice from Sideshow... I got a notice from them on April 25th saying they weren't expecting them in to their warehouse until June/July.... but here are people getting them... so... augh!!!

I'm most excited about this set and the Han and Chewie set, can't wait to have them both on display..

Rory ! How did you get Rocket's whiskers to look so straight and good?

:lol
If you think they are sticking up strangely, very gently press them down at the point of connection with the face. Where they join, it's an artificial plastic so it bends. Just don't pull them or do anything rough. Imagine you are bending, making a crease in a plastic fibre.

Haha a tad too straight but it's good that someone managed to futz them to their liking.

Didn't straighten them, just repositioned them on face, so they don't stick up. These things are tiny in hand.
:lol

Love these two pics. Groot's got a real kindliness/soulfulness that comes through in the finished product. HT did a fantastic job on these two.

Thanks man, yes that's my feeling on Groot as well, they have managed to give him soul/personality. Seriously the eyes are painted/transfered so well, you would swear they are glass.

Very eager to get this set. In the top 3 most anticipated items i have on preorder (Thanos and Chewbacca/Han).

Received yesterday:

Hot Toys - MMS 254 GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - Rocket and Groot

I couldn't resist it any longer, and wanted this set so much, not though the usual way (Budget Stark), since he couldn't obtain one anymore and the prices went through the roof for GotG figures, had to go to TimCent outside of Ebay for a deal.

Groot is amazing detailed, his whole body, the little twigs, but especially his face (eyes), the expression is so real.

Rocket again is very beautiful, however I would have loved to get a 2nd headsculpt with an open mouth for example.
His outfit is weathered already, which I didn't find done very nice, so would have prefered to have a clean version of it.
Cause of his size, I am very careful when changing his paws and feet, it all feels a bit more breakable.

I would definatly recommend everyone to go for the SET instead of the loose figures, the little Groot, extra headsculpt and handes are amazing and really add more to it, especially for the different display options.

The set up of Rocket on Groot is a bit more tricky than they have shown on the blogger photos, I did my best to recreate it as best as possible.

The bases are very simplistic, but oh so ideal to place together, so they will fit nicely next to each other to be put in a detolf for example.

Enough for the typing, let's go to the pics, I posted some more than normal (12 pics) to try and capture them good for all to see.

Enjoy!

So Groot doesn't fit the regular Detolf shelves... :thud: I guess I'll have to look for a good pose with bended legs.

Back