1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the chances that Rocket will get revised at this point? I'm pretty sure what we see is what we're getting

You'll have a better chance of SS delivering their items on time

Yeah, Hot Toys(being an Asian Company)(with Asian sculptors) seem to have based Rocket on the racoon dog, sorta like Asia's Raccoon

Chances of a revision are probably 50/50 :dunno. I think he should be revised to match his movie appearance, the prototype is way off

bump.... keeping the Starlord thread about Starlord :wink1:

:rotfl

raccoon dog isn't appealing at all with that price. Lil groot is like 5 inches and is being sold for 45 bucks. But raccoon dog is 120 more for a 1.5 inch difference. I can see guys paying ridiculous amounts for a 1.5 inch increase for other things other than figures
he comes with a custom outfit, GOTG base, big gun and its a one off all new sculpt. He is still overpriced though. I would say $99 would have been more acceptable

Because, as we all know, the price of these figures is based solely on the amount of plastic used.

As we all know, plastic is worth it's weight in ivory :lecture

bump.... keeping the Starlord thread about Starlord :wink1:

I'm not on FB. What has the buzz been like over there? Unless people are slamming this left & right, I don't see HT taking the initiative to revise this on their own. If the crowd consensus and PO's are negative, then it's possible

I'm not on FB. What has the buzz been like over there? Unless people are slamming this left & right, I don't see HT taking the initiative to revise this on their own. If the crowd consensus and PO's are negative, then it's possible
Neither am I. :dunno

Thats the thing, they will need to revise Rocket, if they don't they risk losing a lot of preorders(same goes for Groot, he looked OK but they could mess him up). I don't even think PO's for this were that good, but it went up around the movie so I bet there was a lot of impulse buys, yet another reason they need to get this right

I'm curious to see how these two turn out. Not sure that I'll get any of the figures from Guardians of the Galaxy though.

I cancelled my order for the set a few months ago, but I'm probably going to order them again depending on how they turn out.

Yes, it was the exclusive.

If I decide to get these guys, I'm just going to get it from my local comics store. They usually take 10% off the price for me. I can live without the armless Potted Groot.

you get the armed version too.
10% thats awesome.... and I really think this exclusive is not all that anyway

you get the armed version too.
10% thats awesome.... and I really think this exclusive is not all that anyway

Definitely.

10% off makes this set much more appealing to me, especially since Rocket doesn't look too good right now. I guess we'll find out soon.

Definitely.

10% off makes this set much more appealing to me, especially since Rocket doesn't look too good right now. I guess we'll find out soon.

Well maybe.... it could be another figure. Marty Mcfly, Arkham Batman, MKIII or Raiden.... all possible, it might not even be Hot Toys :lol but I think it is

Back