Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_inline_okdzkaVMZa1si8q10_500.gif

Nice sculpt but those hands are damn ugly, hopefully they fix them before release. Its seems as if his finger's skin had melted and fused with his palm.

Since the hands are a different color, I'm going to guess they are not final. Sculpt looks great though, I'll be be getting him for sure.

So awesome to see this!!!!!

I hate the 'pinch' in the chest below the collar on the tunic, but the rest looks good.

Yeah this is an example of wishing they avoided accuracy and just left that flat. Either way very interested with this

His hands also look more yellow than his face. It may just be that. Or hot toys over reached when we went bonkers over the size of trump hands last fall. :)

Yeah, Sideshow did the same thing with their tunics -- ruins the sharpness.

Obviously this figure is a rough proto. Wonder if that indicates non-approval and we'll be waiting for months for a preorder?

Tarkin's proto could have come without hands and Sideshow just added a couple of their own. Aren't Sideshow's hand usually slightly bigger than HT?

So awesome to see this!!!!!

I hate the 'pinch' in the chest below the collar on the tunic, but the rest looks good.

That join is accurate but it seems like when they do it in 1/6 it always creates a camel toe effect. Hopefully this one will be less obtrusive than the SSC one.

The other major problem with the SSC uniforms is the huge "over the shoulder" lapel over the left shoulder that always lays too high. The HT looks much better.

Yeah, both pinch and flap don't look so good. But I know I can futz the flap.... a stitched panel will never look good.

Still, I'm over-the-moon with this announcement and satisfied with this SDCC. I just fear the PO will take months and months before the real post-preorder 18 month wait.

Yeah, both pinch and flap don't look so good. But I know I can futz the flap.... a stitched panel will never look good.

Still, I'm over-the-moon with this announcement and satisfied with this SDCC. I just fear the PO will take months and months before the real post-preorder 18 month wait.

Yeah this is so stellar - I both knew it was coming but was still surprised when the tease popped up.

Weirdly, I credit RO for moving Tarkin to my top five must-have list. He looked a little wonky in RO but he was still one of the coolest things in the movie. Maybe I liked the way he was portrayed more than the CGI execution.

His character was definitely added to in RO... as opposed to destroyed like adding Jabba to ANH. :lol

I think Tarkin was even more menacing in RO. It is a worthy bookend for an often forgotten villain.

Did he have white sleeves? The color of the uniform seems brighter than the olive green I'm used to seeing, is it the lighting or was it always like that?

Back