1/6 Hot Toys GONK Droids: EG-6 (Lars) + Mos Eisley Power Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the hell does a Power Droid power? They are never actually doing anything, just walking around. Are they supposed to recharge other droids or something or are they walking personal generators for power tools?

17A8wBe.gif

[emoji849]

What the hell does a Power Droid power? They are never actually doing anything, just walking around. Are they supposed to recharge other droids or something or are they walking personal generators for power tools?
They weren't called 'power droids' until the action figure came out in 1978. The makers of the toys came up with that name, just like 'Snaggletooth' and 'Hammerhead'. As far as George Lucas was concerned, I'm sure these were 'generic' droids, whos function was to be left to the imagination.

Last edited:
They are portable power units.

If you've ever lugged around a generator, you'd appreciate the fact that these have legs :)

Phil Collins heard them running. He is forgotten now and was pretty well-known back in the day, too.

That seems kind of like made up after the fact but it isn't as much BS as R5-D4 being a hero of the rebellion. According to that link under the "Legends" section the Kenner droid is designed after the one in the Skywalker compound even though they use the Jawa one for the card. Apparently there are two visible in Echo Base when Han returns on his Taun Taun. Besides making the "gonk" sound they also can scream like a sissy when getting hot irons put to their feet as seen in Jabba's palace.

So expect several more: Death Star Gonk, Hoth Gonk, Tortured Gonk.

I don't think I am going to buy any of them, I have too much stuff and I don't need this guy.

I want the Hoth Base Gonk. The one that can be seen when Leia is explaining the evacuation tactics to the X-wing pilots. It has a funny hat. :lol

I think the ROTJ power droid is the one to get. After the character has gone through its full arc and battled its father, Darth Gonk.

Still can't believe HT made not one but two Power Droids.

Bizarre really - if you listed out all the figs that HT would have a chance of doing, PD would be pretty much last.

:lol :lol :lol

I haven't even bothered to investigate the price for this thing.. I know I'm going to belly laugh.

Not to say that I don't want one. Of course I WANT ONE! :lol

There's no question...I'm getting at least one...if not both. I'm ready to make my backdrops and these guys are the perfect prop pieces.

I think the ROTJ power droid is the one to get. After the character has gone through its full arc and battled its father, Darth Gonk.

And he shows up on that mountain in Episode 8 looking weary, older.... And tentative about the adventure still to unfold....

40ae1b55981a2d25785bedbb95b27ed9.jpg

Back