Hot Toys Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Grab the Hawkeye boots and change the colour, they are a much better match for a comic style Cap. Ironically, when they designed Hawkeye they lifted the boots straight from Cap.

Oh cool. Will try that. I figure when I get the real avengers cap I can use the Evans sculpt from that too. Thanks for the advice.

I think what throws off the design for me is the flaps on the boots and the gloves need to be more oversized to resemble swashbuckler style gear.

OK, would you guys prefer the figures cost be kept down with minimal accessories (what we see plus some hands), or would you prefer a $180-200 figure with some good accessories?

OK, would you guys prefer the figures cost be kept down with minimal accessories (what we see plus some hands), or would you prefer a $180-200 figure with some good accessories?

More accessories every single time, no contest. Unlike most people, I think Hot Toys is fair with their pricing for the most part. If they deliver, I'll pay, simple as that. Give me all the heads, hands, and accessories I want and take my money. Don't even get me started on all of the Steve Rogers head sculpts I think we need, Hot Toys needs to start delivering on that! I'd love to see Hot Toys do three head sculpts (I know, impossible!), two masked w/one smiling, and an unmasked head. Toss in Steve's sketchpad and a trench coat and volla, instant awesome display:

12119938_2.jpg

Definatly the accessories. However lately it seems like the baseline for your average figure coming out at the end of the year is closer to $220

But I have to point out that as recently as last year Hot Toys has no problem with delivering both on great accessories and a low price.

:horse in 3, 2, 1...

I was interested when it was the Rescue and Golden Age 2 in 1. I wonder what made Hot Toys change their mind (aside from the $$$, of course)?

It's like releasing 2 version of jack sparrow, one with coat, hat and serious face and another with just the vest, just the bandana and with a smiling sculpt.

i guess dx jack is one of those 'rare' moments when Hot Toys just went all out.

so yeah, my CA:TFA collection is done with ww2 cap.

:horse in 3, 2, 1...

I was interested when it was the Rescue and Golden Age 2 in 1. I wonder what made Hot Toys change their mind (aside from the $$$, of course)?

It's like releasing 2 version of jack sparrow, one with coat, hat and serious face and another with just the vest, just the bandana and with a smiling sculpt.

i guess dx jack is one of those 'rare' moments when Hot Toys just went all out.

so yeah, my CA:TFA collection is done with ww2 cap.

I think if you were planning on both Rescue and GA cap at the same time, given the cost of another body shield and shirt, plus the increase in cost to the figure itself, I don't know that you're paying much more (if at all) now than you would have for the 2-in-1. Obviously if you planned on displaying one at a time and switching you're screwed.

More accessories every single time, no contest. Unlike most people, I think Hot Toys is fair with their pricing for the most part. If they deliver, I'll pay, simple as that. Give me all the heads, hands, and accessories I want and take my money. Don't even get me started on all of the Steve Rogers head sculpts I think we need, Hot Toys needs to start delivering on that! I'd love to see Hot Toys do three head sculpts (I know, impossible!), two masked w/one smiling, and an unmasked head. Toss in Steve's sketchpad and a trench coat and volla, instant awesome display:

12119938_2.jpg

Good thoughts. Maybe SSC could toss in an exclusive water bucket.

For head sculpts, I'd like two - one smiling, one open mouth talking, and I'd probably prefer a removable mask instead of a sculpted one, but that could cause funky hair.

I'd love a smiling head sculpt and a salute hand but I guess the former is pretty unlikely at this point :(

Looks goofy .....

When's the pre order? :lol :D

That's how I feel too. I didn't order the original figure, feel like the Rescue Version isn't for me, and the Avengers one looks a little weird (I'll decide if I want it when it comes out). When this one comes out I'll definitely want it, even though it looks a little goofy. :lol

Back