Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

I have Dredd but haven't gotten around to watching it. Think I might now!

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

I ordered from SS. What happened to the free shipping? I'll prob end up flex paying anyways but what gives? This isn't an exclusive.

Sweet! Gonna run over to SSC and nab me this League of Shadows Ninj.... er.... Snake Eyes! :yess:

Looking forward to the Rock figure! I know with HT and likenesses lately, he'll wind up looking just like Tito Santana, but SOOOOO DOWN for a Mexican-looking Roadblock w/Samoan tats! :yess:

And Willis being bald and lacking all facial hair supposed to be the bushy-headed, full-beared Joe Colton? Post-chemo Colton! Down! :yess:

Now if only they'd do Flint and Lady Jaye so I could bash the Wonder Twins.... :pray:

I kind of wish HT would do Lady Jaye and Jinx, but it ain't happening.

Serious newb question: Has there been any figure that sold well for HT though based from a movie/license that flopped?

Did Baby Doll sell well? I'm not sure.

What about the stuff from the Spirit? Now THAT was a crap movie. HT released some figures for that, didn't they?

The nice thing about a Hot Toys collection is that you can stand back and see some great sculpted figures based on real classic films... And a few not so classic. If a film doesn't age well, they might look... out of place. And they'd likely be the first to go, if rearranging/refocusing the collection.

Will Retaliation age well? Ehhh...

I'm a GI Joe collector first and foremost - and I think a lot of GI Joe collectors would like to have this on their shelves. That's the real draw, for me at least... but I'm betting that a few years (or less) down the road, people who are more of the Hot Toys/classic movie types will be looking to unload this.

Assuming Retaliation isn't a classic action movie, of course. Who knows? Maybe it will be. I'll be absolutely thrilled if that's the case. :)

Half the Aliens and Predators come to mind

Yeah, but they're still classic designs, and complement the originals. :)

The Rock and Storm Shadow were obvious. I'm surprised they'd did a Joe Colton though. They've had several shots to make Willis, why now? Wile it would be nice to have a HT Willis head, I'd much rather have Cobra Commander from figure point of view. I'm surprised they're going that in though!

I'd hate to see Hot Toys miss a key character if this line does turn out to be a success. Unfortunately, they do tend to do that...

Sweet! Gonna run over to SSC and nab me this League of Shadows Ninj.... er.... Snake Eyes! :yess:

Looking forward to the Rock figure! I know with HT and likenesses lately, he'll wind up looking just like Tito Santana, but SOOOOO DOWN for a Mexican-looking Roadblock w/Samoan tats! :yess:

And Willis being bald and lacking all facial hair supposed to be the bushy-headed, full-beared Joe Colton? Post-chemo Colton! Down! :yess:

Now if only they'd do Flint and Lady Jaye so I could bash the Wonder Twins.... :pray:

How... DARE you! ;)

I ordered one, I think it looks good.

Predators was not a flop at the box office. It made over close to or over $100 million domestically. It darn sure wasn't Dredd (which was a phenomenal movie btw.)

I was thinking more along the lines of both AvP movies. If they weren't flops, then it's news to me and I guess I am wrong.

Soooo ordered...had to unload some points on this bad boy :clap

Can't be elite on this figure.... so that's a fat *** pass.

:lol +1 for the Tito Santana reference. :clap

Predators was not a flop at the box office. It made over close to or over $100 million domestically. It darn sure wasn't Dredd (which was a phenomenal movie btw.)

50 mil in US = close to or over 100 mil California dollars? :lol

Pre-ordered tonight at bbts for 184.99, I passed on the last sideshow SE's at 199.00, yeah it came with timber but did'nt really wow me, this version looks awesome imo. I'm digging the new look and the metal swords!!!

Seriously $200 for this???

I agree the price is t worth it in my mind either. The only thing I want from this figure is maybe the swords and that all depends on how much I can get them for.

$194.99 for that?
It doesn't even come with a lot of accessories!
Even if the other figures coming in the future,that's still not worth it.
So we're going to see Bruce,The Rock and who ever the no name guy is who plays Stormshadow?
At least if there's an issue getting that guys image rights,they can just release him wearing the ninja mask.
As for the Bruce and Rock sculpts,I'm not going to hold my breath.
I doubt they'll make 4 figures from this movie.
The first one was a flop and this one sucked so bad they pushed it back and retooled it.

I'm def down for a BW Colton and Rock Roadblock.

Back