Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Boy I'm glad I've always just enjoyed GI Joe as kids' entertainment instead of living and breathing it. I can't imagine waking up every day and shaking my fist at the calendar because it doesn't read 1986 anymore.

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Yeah I tried it on a sixth scale figure, then on a sixth scale environment and it didn't work on either. Weird.

I would have used the code on tomorrow's Yoda preorder, but it would have expired, and I just tried it on this guy. Surprised it worked. It's nice to get a coupon that works on new HT stuff for once.

Boy I'm glad I've always just enjoyed GI Joe as kids' entertainment instead of living and breathing it. I can't imagine waking up every day and shaking my fist at the calendar because it doesn't read 1986 anymore.

:lol :lecture

Main reason I don't post in here anymore as well as the "all things transformers" thread. I love and grew up watching them (reruns mind you) but these are 2 properties that many if not most fans just don't like anything new from it seems. If it's not the '80s versions it's just not good

I find it humorous that so many "true GI Joe fans/collectors" are condemning the "newbs" or those praising this figure. Shouldn't you be happy that more Joe merchandise is being released and this will add interest so that perhaps even more Joe stuff comes out?

And like I mentioned before... this IS Snake Eyes. This is completely true to the source material: the film. Not RAH.

Stating the fact - yes, fact - that there are newbs in this section isn't necessarily disparaging. :)

But RAH or not, if Retaliation isn't a bit hit, I don't see this figure being a big hit... even then, who knows?

But like I said, it IS nice. :)

Who's crying and why would people cry over Luke? A movie figure from a great movie.:dunno

Exactly.My.Point.

Nobody was getting defensive about how all the "newbs" popping in that thread were only there because "Hot Toys" was in the title unlike half this thread. Now you know...and you know the rest.

*Time to unsubscribe until in-hand pics are shown*

:peace

rofl, there goes the sideshow gi joe 1/6 line...ferrari vs civic...

Stating the fact - yes, fact - that there are newbs in this section isn't necessarily disparaging. :)

But RAH or not, if Retaliation isn't a bit hit, I don't see this figure being a big hit... even then, who knows?

But like I said, it IS nice. :)

I'm not buying it because I think the movie will be any good. I'm just buying it because I want a Snake Eyes, and the Sideshow version isn't worth the price for the quality, but I feel the HT version is.

The code should work on any item that doesn't have free shipping or is already discounted I would imagine.

Well it does have the flat rate shipping which they may try to pass off as a "site promotion" which would then I think make it ineligible for the coupon

I PO one through SSC w/Rewards Points. I'm happy it came in under $200--and I realize the irony in that statement lol.

I would have used the code on tomorrow's Yoda preorder, but it would have expired, and I just tried it on this guy. Surprised it worked. It's nice to get a coupon that works on new HT stuff for once.

Yup and I like that you can use it on preorders. Most of those coupons are for in stock items only.

Damn, just saw the price on ssc,s website. I can't pass this up....

Tentative release date of May with retail price of $195. I'm in for one. Waiting for SSC to put him up.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10434&mode=retail

Without even a headsculpt? Screw that.

I'll pick one up after the "newbs" get buyer's remorse. No doubt they'll be looking for funds to buy the twelve or so Avenger figures from inevitable sequels a few years down the road, and they've forgotten all about GI Joe. ;)

Do you feel better about yourself for your sad attempt at ridicule? Go to the SSC Joe threads if you hate this so much.

I'm not buying it because I think the movie will be any good. I'm just buying it because I want a Snake Eyes, and the Sideshow version isn't worth the price for the quality, but I feel the HT version is.

I would probably feel the same way if I didn't already have the Sideshow V1.

Like I said, it is a nice figure - and quite frankly, the Retaliation style fits with Sideshow's "contemporary" GI Joe aesthetic. Maybe a bit heavy on the armor, but otherwise, a good fit.

I'm just happy with one Snake Eyes, I guess. I will only pick this (and Sideshow's V2) up if it's a deal I can't refuse.

Do you feel better about yourself for your sad attempt at ridicule? Go to the SSC Joe threads if you hate this so much.

Stating an opinion is ridicule?

Grow some skin, my man - no offense was intended by my remarks! :)

Without even a headsculpt? Screw that.

I'll pick one up after the "newbs" get buyer's remorse. No doubt they'll be looking for funds to buy the twelve or so Avenger figures from inevitable sequels a few years down the road, and they've forgotten all about GI Joe. ;)

I've got the Avengers on preorder too. Considering this might be the only HT Snake Eyes made, and it's Joe's most popular character, I'll probably keep it.

I appreciate you being a **** about it though.

Wow, people are sure getting sensitive here! :)

Where's Nam when you need him?

Honestly, there is so much hostility on this forum. Let people order what they want if they like it. And don't assume that somebody is new at this just because they joined 2 months ago or they don't have 50,000 posts.

Honestly, there is so much hostility on this forum. Let people order what they want if they like it. And don't assume that somebody is new at this just because they joined 2 months ago or they don't have 50,000 posts.

Exactly. Like I said before I've owned six different SSC Joes and was a huge fan of it growing up... but some folks on here think because you enjoy something new or you're not posting 15 posts an hour for 12 hours a day to get your post count up (which doesn't increase your cool factor or ***** size FYI) that your opinion doesn't hold weight and you're not a true fan.

So I'm a "newb" (what a moronic term regardless) because I enjoy something new... yet grew up on RAH and owned SSC Joes. Oxymoron. :horror

Back