Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Why is Batman wearing a Snake Eyes mask? :dunno I bet the Nolancom****s wanting a LoS ninja are going ape**** at HT for doing this. :lol

Batman armor is chic. Expect to see everyone in it soon. I am expecting James Bond to trade in his signature tuxedo for a cool rendition of Batman's armor within the next Bond movie or two.

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Announcing that they deliberately intend to disrespect the source material does not make it a good thing. :cool:

Perspective. I find the new stuff to be better than the original...and I still love the original.

Even the original made some ridiculous choices like making Snake Eyes a Ninja. Makes none of it bad.

Do you base this assumption on the fact that they state "Meteal swords" in the description?:)

Cool-looking figure. But three things that will keep it out of my collection are:

1) It is Hot Toys

2) WAAAAAAYYYYYY to pricey for what you get. (Yes, this is an assumption at this point)

3) Just does not scream "Snake Eyes" to me...too Ninja-y.

I did not read the specs since i am not that excited about it lol...just viewed the pics which show all he comes with.

"1) It is Hot Toys" <--- this makes me laugh.

Last edited:

Probably gonna cost at least $215 just to be consistent with the latest HT releases.

I was thinking of that too, seeing that the recently announced MMS figure Scar Pred goes for $235. But like I said earlier our local HT dealer just posted this for PO at $180, with 10% NRD. He also offers a cash advance promo (ie, full payment) and he told me it would be $158. The latter makes me think of getting this instead of SSC's V2.

Not much a fan of the costume in the movie despite being better compared to the first one, but I think it makes a great figure, and the body HT used fills the suit like a real person's underneath.

Ugh. Dunno. Why isn't he all black? Parts? :lol

Ugh. Dunno. Why isn't he all black? Parts? :lol

If it's not just the lighting, then it's the one thing in this figure that's not accurate and if it isn't I hope HT changes it to black.

EDIT: this picture also makes me wish he'd be given a couple of those guns.

Perspective. I find the new stuff to be better than the original...and I still love the original.

I don't, but I understand your stance if you do. Obviously SSC is banking on the coolness of their designs trumping the classics. Unfortunately aside from ultra-rare exceptions like their spectacular Major Bludd I think they have pretty much fallen short across the board.

A slippery slope they have chosen to take.

I will only get the Rock figure. He is cool and bad a$$.

New Robocop ?

58599_10151181689022344_1972530778_n.jpg

108456.jpg

Buy the head and stick it on a Nolan TDK bat suit. Instant Robocop 2013. Of course that would be stupid because then you'd have a figure based on Robocop 2013.

Hmm... Interesting :)

Batrobo_Predarnold.jpg

Last edited:

What a mullet of a costume -- business on top, party at the bottom.

I'm wondering: if sales for this figure are bad, will HotToys still release other figures (RoadBlock, Cobra Commander, etc..)? Or are they unafraid to kill their line based on initial poor sales?

Just curious, because it sounds like only half of the discussion is buying him. That being said, retailers may buy the heck out of him, because, as said before, it IS Snake-Eyes...

I'm certainly on the fence. I was hoping for a RoadBlock first too. Pretty sure he's an instant buy.

I think HT was smart about doing SE first. Tons of ppl, especially those who know little to nothing about real GI Joe only know snake eyes b/c he looks the coolest of the bunch so you get a little of those collectors and you get a little of the ones who enjoy the movie and you get a little bit of actual Joe fans

108456.jpg

Off topic, but why does Robocop have a organic hand? The only reason he has the human face is to keep it from going mad like the previous cyborgs.

I think HT was smart about doing SE first. Tons of ppl, especially those who know little to nothing about real GI Joe only know snake eyes b/c he looks the coolest of the bunch so you get a little of those collectors and you get a little of the ones who enjoy the movie and you get a little bit of actual Joe fans

:goodpost: At conventions, I'd draw a Snake Eyes and everyone knows him, and that would be SE with visor head by the way. I'd draw a Roadblock and only my brother feels happy.:lol

108456.jpg

Off topic, but why does Robocop have a organic hand? The only reason he has the human face is to keep it from going mad like the previous cyborgs.

Maybe his gun would require his fingerprints kinda like the judges' weapon ID system in Judge Dredd? :dunno

Beats me.

Maybe his gun would require his fingerprints kinda like the judges' weapon ID system in Judge Dredd? :dunno

Beats me.
They would accomplish the same 'ID-print' with a microchip in a robot hand.

The Rock being the first release would have been better. You would have 3 groups buy him. Joe, WWE, and Johnson fans. With SE, you will only get Joe fans. Granted SE is the Fett of the Joe world, but I think Rock would be a better way to start off the line. (Also because I only want Rock and now he might not get made.)

HT Snake Eyes is a buy for me since SSC SE commando was a pass for me. I also missed the first SSC SE cause I got into this hobby late.

Beats me.

I think they just tried to do what the first RoboCop movie almost did which is keep the right arm(firing arm) as it was suggested.

Though hmmm, he did get that right arm blown off in RoboCop..maybe they were able to save it some how.

Back