1/6 Hot Toys : "Fugitive" Predator (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No chance this gets released. Worst movie in the Alien and Predator franchises.

Yeah, in order for there to have been even a modicum of interest, they had to put the figure up for PO maybe a week before the film released. I was initially interested, but soon after seeing the film, that interest had evaporated. I probably would have canceled.

Now almost going on a year after what is mostly agreed to be the worst film and one of the two worst Predators in the franchise? I’d agree this figure has all been tossed in the dumpster.

I'd still pick it up regardless of how bad the movie was. There's always room for another predator in my collection. It's not stopping Neca from capitalizing on predator fans one bit. The figures they're releasing for this movie don't look bad either.

I can see how this would still appeal to a few based on design alone.

Personally, I’m in the minority where I don’t think the design of Fugitive is THAT bad. Sure I’d prefer the more classic tribal hunter look with bone trophies and what not, but I can understand experimenting with a different design to make it a bit more modern looking. However, I can also see why it wouldn’t appeal to many for that very reason. I personally think though that the rope textured dreads are pretty cool, and I think the design of the bio-mask is neat.

The main problem with Fugitive to me that made me lose interest is that he wasn’t enough of a stand out Predator. Wolf for instance was a stand out in what is otherwise overall not really a good film. So by having him, I’m not necessarily representing AvPR by having a character from the film, but more so Wolf as a Predator. Fugitive to me didn’t really do anything noteworthy to represent exclusively as a Predator separate from the film, and the film was forgettable to where I wouldn’t want anything representing it.

I'd still pick it up regardless of how bad the movie was. There's always room for another predator in my collection. It's not stopping Neca from capitalizing on predator fans one bit. The figures they're releasing for this movie don't look bad either.

I found NECA's cool Thermal Vision Fugitive Predator in a local Gamestop the other day. I wasn't specifically looking for it but there it was and I had to buy it. That night I ordered the big Assassin Predator and the Emissary #1 figure on BBTS. So that's it, I'm buying the NECA figures. I guess it makes sense since I'm buying the figures from the inferior Terminator and Alien installments and I'm better off getting in on it now rather than playing an expensive catch-up later on like I've had to do with the AvP stuff.

I found NECA's cool Thermal Vision Fugitive Predator in a local Gamestop the other day. I wasn't specifically looking for it but there it was and I had to buy it. That night I ordered the big Assassin Predator and the Emissary #1 figure on BBTS. So that's it, I'm buying the NECA figures. I guess it makes sense since I'm buying the figures from the inferior Terminator and Alien installments and I'm better off getting in on it now rather than playing an expensive catch-up later on like I've had to do with the AvP stuff.
Haha... once you buy one, you're kind of obligated to pick up the rest.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I know this is kind of off-topic but considering it's the most active HT Predator thread - what are the chances of seeing a Predator reveal at SDCC?

Unless they're going ahead with Fugitive I would say zero. I feel like now more than ever they'll be going all-in on Marvel. Chan will borrow a line from your avatar
-'Sorry sweetheart, we don't have time for anything else'

Damn. I still think HT are capable of a surprise or two. Wouldn't make sense to bow out of the license without one last effort at a 2.0 Jungle Predator.

They still have Preds they can do, not including Fugitive. JH 2.0 like you said, and Chopper 2.0. Chopper completes a set, so I’d imagine he’d be a tempting release for Predator collectors who already have the other AvP Preds. They’re just taking their time with them, especially JH, because they know they can. The same people that want them today will be the same people that want them tomorrow. They know they’re not likely going to attract any new buyers with Predators like they would with their Disney licenses.

Reall? Worse than AVPR?

That's nonsense. Perhaps you haven't watched AVPR in a long time and have rose tinted glasses by Wolf 2.0. Or maybe you consider teen dramedy and teens killing xenomorphs acceptable storytelling. :rotfl

Both are bad moves but at least with AVPR you could tell that they actually cared about the Predator character. With Wolf they actually captured the right look and feel of how fans deem a Predator to be.

The Predator turned the Predator character into a standard CGI, bigger is better movie monster - and they didn't even do that well.

Everything about the Predator is bad and is one big middle finger to the fans. Shane Black **** all over the character and fans.

I came away from it thinking that Shane Black must have a pretty low opinion of the original. Really couldn't believe this was how he deemed to follow it up.

Yes. Please keep him away from the franchise forever. We don't want more CGI Preds dressed in human clothes and Iron Man suit crap!

I second.

Too right!

Back