Hot Toys First Blood Rambo, Rocky, Mr. T

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rubber molding looks pretty much the same, darker complexion, but the body it's molded over I believe is the newer Truetype II. I think it might be better jointed but overall it looks almost identical to the Rambo II body.

I thought the muscular bodies had a unique structure underneath. I know from having to fix my Rocky, the elbows are metal that bends, not a standard figure elbow joint. Either way, I can see how great it is from the pictures and can't wait to get mine, should ship end of this week.

I thought the muscular bodies had a unique structure underneath. I know from having to fix my Rocky, the elbows are metal that bends, not a standard figure elbow joint. Either way, I can see how great it is from the pictures and can't wait to get mine, should ship end of this week.

You might be right. It might be the same body used for Rocky. Pretty sure that body had improved since Rambo II.

Most important is the rubber, any improvements to give these pieces longevity is good. I've had my Rambo 2 for over a year with no cracking *knock on wood*, and I hope to avoid any problems, not only because of the financial investment in them, but because I enjoy having them and wouldn't want to lose them.

Most important is the rubber, any improvements to give these pieces longevity is good. I've had my Rambo 2 for over a year with no cracking *knock on wood*, and I hope to avoid any problems, not only because of the financial investment in them, but because I enjoy having them and wouldn't want to lose them.

Yes I know a friend of mine that has a huge crack in the rubber molding of his Rambo II figure. I wonder how common this was with the Rambo vII.

I would classify Rocky as movie figures more than I would a normal sport collectible.

I totally agree, but yet they are boxers and even though are from a movie just don't really fit in anywhere for me.

But, even though that is the case, I'm a huge Mr T fan so I imagine I'll eventually have to at least get the Clubber :D

I have some cracks in my Rambo 2 Figure,it couldnt handle standing with 1 arm bended up for a few days,his elbow area cracked open,and it wasnt small,and below his both shoulders i have small cracks as well.

And yes i invested in a new Rambo 2 fig,not a single crack on it,but guess what,as soon as i strecthed the right arm out a bit,a tiny crack appeared under his arm,this is very annoying,i dont think the figure is solid enough,same happened with my Rocky Hot Toys Fig when i first got it,bended the forearm up a bit and a tiny hole cracked open,very small though,barely noticeable,but even so!

Im scared to death to even bend a arm on any Hot Toys figures EVER again!

Wow, I didn't know these figures were so fragile. I've been eyeing the Rambo II figure for a while now and hearing this has me changing my mind. I really love the look of these figures but for $100, I should hope for better quality. Is the Rambo III figure the same way?

Wow, I didn't know these figures were so fragile. I've been eyeing the Rambo II figure for a while now and hearing this has me changing my mind. I really love the look of these figures but for $100, I should hope for better quality. Is the Rambo III figure the same way?

They are fragile to a degree, but these are high end collectibles, not really meant to be played with a great deal persay, just pose a little for display. That said, there is a gamble investing in them, and it can go one route and lead to horror stories, or it can go the other route and leave you with fine collectibles. Rock's tale is the tragic side. I on the other hand, own 3 figures with the muscular body (Rambo 2, First Blood Rambo, Rocky Balboa) and I've had my Rambo 2 for over a year and no problems with the muscular body, and I've posed it and probably at times even pushed the posing limits on the figure and no problems. Again, it's a gamble, I'm sure some probably come with weaker batches of rubber, naturally environmental conditions of the storage / display area can play a factor, handling of the item. If you can afford the expense and would get a good satisfaction out of owning one of these figures, and can live with the loss if things go bad, I'd take a shot, they're all very nice to have.

Thanks for the info guys. I guess i'll play it by ear with these. If I can find RII or RIII versions for a great price then i'll probably bite and hope for the best on quality issues...

No issues with the Rambo III figure here, has anyone even stated tears on their Rambo III figure yet? If not, maybe the rubber quality is getting better?

My Rambo III fig arrived today and he's awesome! As cool as the fig is though I do have a few complaints:

1. The maching gun is really weak. The eyepiece snapped off and I didn't even touch it. It took me an hour to get it back on and it's holding on by a thread.

2. The gun clip doesn't stay in. I had to use a little bit of "fun tac" to get it to stay.

3. The arrow clip is very hard to get the arrows into, I almost broke them and I was very delicate with them. Once I got them in, there's not enough room for them all to stay in side by side. As a result, they look crooked.

4. There is not desigated slot for the boot knife, and it looks cheasy just poking out of the boot.

5. The necklace looks terrible and nothing like the one from the movie. In the movie, it's a black necklace with a small green stone inserted. On the toy its a bright neon green thing that looks ridiculous. I might take it off and leave it in the box.

6. The straps on the backpack are almost impossible to adjust. As a result it looks loose and unrealistic.

Ok, I know it probably sounds like I hate the fig, but I don't, I love it. I just think for $100+ the things I mentioned above should not be an issue.

My Rambo III fig arrived today and he's awesome! As cool as the fig is though I do have a few complaints:

1. The maching gun is really weak. The eyepiece snapped off and I didn't even touch it. It took me an hour to get it back on and it's holding on by a thread.

2. The gun clip doesn't stay in. I had to use a little bit of "fun tac" to get it to stay.

3. The arrow clip is very hard to get the arrows into, I almost broke them and I was very delicate with them. Once I got them in, there's not enough room for them all to stay in side by side. As a result, they look crooked.

4. There is not desigated slot for the boot knife, and it looks cheasy just poking out of the boot.

5. The necklace looks terrible and nothing like the one from the movie. In the movie, it's a black necklace with a small green stone inserted. On the toy its a bright neon green thing that looks ridiculous. I might take it off and leave it in the box.

6. The straps on the backpack are almost impossible to adjust. As a result it looks loose and unrealistic.

Ok, I know it probably sounds like I hate the fig, but I don't, I love it. I just think for $100+ the things I mentioned above should not be an issue.

1. Apply a few drops of Loctite.

2. Same problem with the AK-47 ammo clip that came with Rambo II. A mild adhesive gum helps.

3. Heat it with a hair dryer for a few seconds first to softer the tabs so they won't break. They will expand a little to allow the arrows to snap in. I only placed the 2 explosive tips on the holder and the regular arrows I have in the quiver.

4. That's how Rambo wears the boot knife in the movie.

5. Rambo gives the necklace to the kid so take it off and it will still be movie accurate. :D

6. The arrow quiver straps slide to adjust. Once you are familiar with how they work adjusting them is a breeze.

My only issue is the weak accessories,they easily break,i needed to buy an extra Bow and Dragunov for Rambo 3,since the ones i got first broke,the arrow holder on the bow broke,and 2 small parts on the dragunov broke.

My only issue is the weak accessories,they easily break,i needed to buy an extra Bow and Dragunov for Rambo 3,since the ones i got first broke,the arrow holder on the bow broke,and 2 small parts on the dragunov broke.

The arrow holders on my bow broke as well, but I used super glue to fix it and its on there solid and won't come off, and you can't even notice it. Save yourself some $ and just use super glue man :)

The arrow holders on my bow broke as well, but I used super glue to fix it and its on there solid and won't come off, and you can't even notice it. Save yourself some $ and just use super glue man :)

True,but i want top notch products,its just the way i am:D

Back