Hot Toys First Blood Rambo, Rocky, Mr. T

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow head sculpt won't dominate too long. Hot Toys has get some Korean artist (Yulli , JC Hong...etc) involved in making their head sculpt, such as this Rambo III figure and Prison Break figures. Hot Toys 1/6 is going to get better and better, but Sideshow 12"...hm....:rolleyes:

I think alot of SSC sculpts are nice but, for me, the only area SSC has an edge over HT is the hands, I wish HT did more detailed hands. Hot Toys sculpts are tops and ever improving. I can't wait to see production pics of Apollo.

Cocoboloboy said:
I think alot of SSC sculpts are nice but, for me, the only area SSC has an edge over HT is the hands, I wish HT did more detailed hands. Hot Toys sculpts are tops and ever improving. I can't wait to see production pics of Apollo.

Good point. I also hope Hot Toys can have better sculpted hands.

Right now, I'd say SSC dominates the 1/6 world for head sculpt painting and hands/wrist articulation. Hot Toys has similar wrist articulation, but the construction method is more fragile which is concerning. I'd say Hot Toys is just about on par with SSC sculptors, though I do wish the hair on them was a bit more life-like, but the faces are very impressive, and if they were painted with Sideshow's more life-like paint apps, I think you'd have an amazing package.

I see that some ebay sellers have the blister exclusive Clubber in hand. Has anyone gotten one of these yet? I'm on the fence about it and would love to see some pics.

I ordered it from Toys2 and they say he will ship out at the end of April. I still can not believe I ordered it for $199 but I don't think the Rocky collection would look right with out him.

I almost ordered it from Toys2 but I just couldn't bring myself to do it at that price. Maybe I can snag one later for a little cheaper if I like the production pics that start showing up.

Yeah I really hated paying that much for it but oh well I am a completest. If anyone knows where I can get a Halo Jumper Rambo for a decent price please let me know.

Street Clubber is back in stock at Toys2. All this talk has gotten me tempted. Gotta resist though. There's too much other stuff I want right now.

Thanks for the heads-up, I just ordered one! I already have ROCKY & regular CLUBBER, and DRAGO and APOLLO on order, so I must admit to the "completism" disease myself. At a production run of only 250, if I need to unload it I'm sure I can get close to the $199 I paid, anyway.

I have to agree with Warlock if you don't like it you can sell it for what you got in it.

Started customizing my First Blood Rambo this weekend.

Apologies for the horrific photo (don't have access to my good digicam right now)...

ht_firstblood_01.jpg

Looks like my Clubber street version shipped today from Toys2 I will get some pics up of him as soon as I receive him.

Got him tonight and for $200 I am impressed. Took some quick pics of him. Not used to putting up pics hope it shows up.

S4200027.jpg

S4200020.jpg

S4200033.jpg

I really like street version Clubber. Now we need HT to make street version Rocky, and I think it's just the matter of time.....

Here is Arnie Kim's street version Rocky.

gud2js_20070417013812_5866405_9.JPG

gud2js_20070417025525_5866405_1.JPG

gud2js_20070417025525_5866405_2.JPG

Back