Hot Toys: Falconer Predator. Who's getting him? and Who's not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you be buying Falconer, or not?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about the Falcon but any design for the face would just be a guess and not an accurate depiction of the character.

I doesn't matter if it's a guess or not...if they don't have permission from FOX or KNB to sculpt a face...they can't do it.

its not even close to money's worth.

well, that interpretation is coming from a piss poor lazy slacker. IMO.
creative interpretation could be dealt with without the mask/mask off option....there's heaps of room for creativity there. instead we get this lazy arsed excuse of a figure.

That would seem to be the most likely case, because I'd be pretty damn surprised if HT intentionally turned down one of their main features and an opportunity to use their artistic license.

We'll pull in Rumor Control from "Alien 3."

ALIEN3_DISC_1-26.bmp

:D

Falconer w/o Falcon just makes no sense. But I'm happy to save some money--I'll end up using it towards better HT figs though. >_<

Awww, shucks, , not more useless rumors. :panic:

That was actually a joke. In "Alien 3," that bald dude was the head warden of the prison. He was rumor control, meaning he got rid of rumors and gave people the facts. So... yeah. That's why I responded with that to Thrifty's post :).

Watch your movies, bro :impatient:.

Well, I have! I sure did know that. This is Rumor Control. Here are the facts!

People would still want it. Accurate or not (since we didn't see it), it's anybody's guess and HT would be justified in giving their own interpretation of it. People want them to make the mask removable just to get their money's worth.

I bolded the operative words :) I think this figure will get a lot less flak if they didn't price the Falconer in the same range as Berserker's. It should be priced the same as Royce at most since we're getting a lot less than either Berserker or Royce.

even it is kinda of dissapointed... but still nice... and must collect b4 the price go sky high...

and must collect b4 the price go sky high...

With so many people disappointed in the figure and especially it's price, I wouldn't be so sure about Falconer selling for big bucks later.

With so many people disappointed in the figure and especially it's price, I wouldn't be so sure about Falconer selling for big bucks later.

Probably pick it up at Hastings when they put on sale. Just picked up T800 for $130.00 shipped and this is a popular figure.

Yean will def be gettin this one, yeah its crap theres no falcon and no removable bio "really it's a hot toy's predator why would'nt I get it"!

Yean will def be gettin this one, yeah its crap theres no falcon and no removable bio "really it's a hot toy's predator why would'nt I get it"!

My feelings exactly.

Yes, a removable bio and falcon would be nice - but to me neither is a 'game-breaker' on what otherwise looks like a very solid representation of the Falconer. IIRC you don't really see the Falcon in scale with him, so you could always add NECA's promised Falcon as an accessory.

Anyway, having religiously collected HT Preds as the only line to cover the totality of the Predator series in a (fairly) common scale and style - 14 different Preds and counting!! - I'm not going to stop now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back