Hot Toys: Falconer Predator. Who's getting him? and Who's not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you be buying Falconer, or not?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be willing to bet the names these predators have were most likely given to them by the FX crew as a way to quickly I.D. the different Preds and were never ment to be the official names.

The you would be wrong and lose that bet. Because those ARE the official names. They're listed in the movie credits AND they're the names used for all the official merchandise which is why when SSC initially released the specs/pics for the "Mr. Black full size Bio" they were promptly pulled and re-released with the proper moniker of "Berserker".

Berserker, Falconer and Tracker aren't fan nicknames like all the Lost Hunters from P2. And they're not on-set nicknames like "Chet" which was the name the FX crew had for the Predalien.

Those names are the official Predator names for the 3 Preds in "Predators".

And just for the record: I completely agree with you about the Falcon. Not only was it barely seen in the movie but here's the kicker: NO ONE actually knows what the F'n thing actually looks like! :lol

lol, I myself thought the movie could've expanded on the great ideas and backstories it had on paper and in mind.

non-removable bio/no face/open&closed mandibles?
accessories?
piss poor articulation?
no price adjustment(with the given handicaps)?

that's more than 3 strikes right there.
HT is not taking the SIMPLE route. HT is taking the LAZY route. intentionally pulling a Hasbro on this one.:slap

still stuck with berserker...if i'm not happy with him no super preds for me. :cuckoo:

The you would be wrong and lose that bet. Because those ARE the official names. They're listed in the movie credits AND they're the names used for all the official merchandise which is why when SSC initially released the specs/pics for the "Mr. Black full size Bio" they were promptly pulled and re-released with the proper moniker of "Berserker".

Berserker, Falconer and Tracker aren't fan nicknames like all the Lost Hunters from P2. And they're not on-set nicknames like "Chet" which was the name the FX crew had for the Predalien.

Those names are the official Predator names for the 3 Preds in "Predators".

And just for the record: I completely agree with you about the Falcon. Not only was it barely seen in the movie but here's the kicker: NO ONE actually knows what the F'n thing actually looks like! :lol

Ofcourse those names are official now. Part of the point was is that during production there are times when nicknames used have a tendancy to become "official".

Ofcourse those names are official now. Part of the point was is that during production there are times when nicknames used have a tendancy to become "official".

Then you have no point. :lol

You originally said the names predators have were most likely given to them by the FX crew as a way to quickly I.D. the different Preds and were never meant to be the official names.

I just pointed out how that's completely wrong.

I like the fig...but there are so many other collectibles coming up by the time this one arrives. Had to vote not.

non-removable bio/no face/open&closed mandibles?
accessories?
piss poor articulation?
no price adjustment(with the given handicaps)?

that's more than 3 strikes right there.
HT is not taking the SIMPLE route. HT is taking the LAZY route. intentionally pulling a Hasbro on this one.:slap

still stuck with berserker...if i'm not happy with him no super preds for me. :cuckoo:
:exactly::goodpost:

Honestly, this is supposed to be cheaper than Berserker. HT's being a sucker big time on this one.

I don't see myself paying more than like $120ish for a Predator without a removable mask. That's a really big feature for me. So I'm thinking he's a pass.

I've preordered with ABC-Express. They've proven good at refunds in the past so I can always change my mind.

I can't get too excited about the non-removable bio; it's not like my AVP Preds ever have theirs off, either. And given the very compact mask on the Falconer, I can well believe it was much easier to get an accurate bio without accommodating mandibles - look at the problems with P1.

And given the very compact mask on the Falconer, I can well believe it was much easier to get an accurate bio without accommodating mandibles - look at the problems with P1.

Accurate!? Granted, the HT version looks better but no, it's not accurate. The real Bio isn't "compact". It's the same size as any other Predator Bio. The illusion is, Falconer's Bio doesn't have an indentation between the forehead and top mandibles so it looks flat but in reality it sticks out as much as any other Bio.

MrPlow%20(3).jpg

I still plan on buying him if I can when the time comes even though I feel Hottoys let everyone down on this figure... He still a solid figure paint job is nice and I like the look of the figure over all... Only problem is no Falcon Im not so much bothered by the non removable mask since he doesnt take it off in the movie...

I'm betting SSC will have the Falcon as an exclusive. When in reality, the little Predator skull should've been the bonus item. They're smart, cruel... and sadly, they'll end up getting my dough.

These figures (especially the exclusives) will pay for themselves in time. Even Lost Predator did, so I'd rather spend the extra $15 for the falcon to complete the display, rather than get the normal edition and be faced with $50+ feeBay prices on that one accessory.

I'm betting SSC will have the Falcon as an exclusive. When in reality, the little Predator skull should've been the bonus item. They're smart, cruel... and sadly, they'll end up getting my dough.

These figures (especially the exclusives) will pay for themselves in time. Even Lost Predator did, so I'd rather spend the extra $15 for the falcon to complete the display, rather than get the normal edition and be faced with $50+ feeBay prices on that one accessory.

Oh God, I hope that won't be the case :( Exclusives are hard to come by in my country, especially the SideShow ones, and those brick and mortar stores that do carry them (in rare cases) ask for a much higher price, like 50%-100% markup :(

I think I'm gonna pass on this guy. Seems like I could spend the money elsewhere. Maybe just get the Berserk and Royce. Still I'm kinda doubting we'll get a dog now with the Tracker because they cant even give the Falconer a damn falcon!!!!!!

Wow! the poll result's neck-to-neck :) 64-60. This figure really splits us to two equal camps.

But, who knows, HT might surprise us. They did the same thing to Leonidas. I hope HT hears or pleas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back