Hot Toys Falconer Predator Figure (now with full spec and pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not cheaper. The shipping is $43. The price is currently $182. Hence, you'd be spending less at SSC.

But I have a feeling that's not it either...

Where does it say that? Maybe this listing wasn't updated after HT announced the Falcon.

It's not cheaper. The shipping is $43. The price is currently $182. Hence, you'd be spending less at SSC.

But I have a feeling that's not it either...

The shipping for me from SSC is about $50. So would be less expensive for me.

Plus, I dont think he's talking about the product, he's talking about the bidders. But I fail to understand what he implied.

Last edited:
I think it had something to do with the history of bids... but I'm not sure what's out of the ordinary there.

Why place a bid with so many days left?
The auction starts off low and it's only because folks decide to bid with days left as apposed to minutes, it simply pushes the price up?

Would it not be better to wait for minutes left and then bid?

That and the fact that this particular auction will probably end going finishing at a higher price than the buy it now from the same seller.

I think it's pretty stupid but maybe it's just me.

Ya its insane. There are bidders out there who actually believe they have a chance in winning at low prices with days left just because they are leading the bid with their name up there on the auction. Then when they get obviously out bidded by serious buyers, they go "oh dang, that was so close..." no its not, its not close at all, you were never meant to win an auction bidding $100 on a $200 item with days left... The real bidding doesn't even start til there's less than a few hours or minutes..

then as a seller, you get ridiculous messages from the same kind of "thinkers" asking to buy something for 1/3 of the price, as if it would ever happen. I can never understand those people...

Having done both, the principle is simple - it costs nothing to make a low bid or make an offer, and there is always a (very small) chance that you'll get a result. It's just chancing really.

And yes, I have won auctions on an early bid - just not very often...

Why place a bid with so many days left?
The auction starts off low and it's only because folks decide to bid with days left as apposed to minutes, it simply pushes the price up?

Would it not be better to wait for minutes left and then bid?

That and the fact that this particular auction will probably end going finishing at a higher price than the buy it now from the same seller.

I think it's pretty stupid but maybe it's just me.

In this situation I would set my max bid just a little lower than the buy it now price, if I were to buy from that seller, and watch how it turns out. I would make it early though and watch as the price grows.

I'm sorry but I think it's idiotic to place a bid with days still remaining.

It does nothing at all but bump up the price and you have a better chance of your bid winning with less time.

I'm sorry but I think it's idiotic to place a bid with days still remaining.

It does nothing at all but bump up the price and you have a better chance of your bid winning with less time.

If you set your max bid, it only adds to the price as much needed to make you the highest bidder, which is something like 2 bucks or so.
Now when everyone's got their highest bid figured out already, it doesnt make much difference. If you started bidding at the last seconds you would make it only harder for yourself, since the page sometimes tends to get overloaded then, but nothing else.
Sure, many might say the last minute is a battle for the win of the bid, and you might lose with a buck or two. But thats why you have to set your max bid smart, not too low that you regret losing a great deal later on, but not too high either.

In my opinion, the only stupid part is if you dont have things figured out and dont know when to stop bidding. But its up to taste and opinion how you wanna play the game anyway.

I would argue that you are making it more difficult to win and you just hike up the price bidding with so many days ahead.
If everybody bid with a only few hours left there is a shorter time for the price to increase.
I can see a server crashing with hundreds of bidders but not with the amounts we see.

I see no valid reasons or advantages at all with bidding early.
All I see is a price hike.

If we're dealing with bidders who bid only one bid at a time, then you are pretty much right if we're talking about the last minute. But if we're talking about bidders who set their max bid, and if the ebay bidding system works like I think it does, then there wouldnt be a difference.

You cant see any advantages because there arent any real. But if the bidders use max bid setting, then there are no real disadvantages either, because if the price tops your max bid, then there's no point in buying the product anyway.
Then again, if they bid one bid at a time, there's no point in bidding early.

Back