Hot Toys Falconer Predator Figure (now with full spec and pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure who this mystery man is, but he did a hell of a job! :wink1:

(for the record I'm talking of the mandibles/teeth here, not myself!)

Last edited:
Not sure who this mystery man is, but he did a hell of a job! :wink1:

Don't dislocate your shoulder patting your own back :lol Good job stag, that color-scheme goes well with the over all figure. One of the better, if not the best to date, on this thread :hi5:

Don't dislocate your shoulder patting your own back :lol Good job stag, that color-scheme goes well with the over all figure. One of the better, if not the best to date, on this thread :hi5:

Ha! No, no, I try to be somewhat modest... I was referring to the man of mystery who "created" the mandibles/teeth. He did a good job! :lecture

I don't think I would be very good at patting myself on the back, I can't even do that "pat your head, rub your stomach" thing...

Ah, uncanny timing! I actually just finished up my second Falconer face mod, this one being a commissioned work. Both mods I have done, the helmet can fit snug on the face without sticky tack or anything like that. I used a dremel tool to smooth out the inside of the face area of the mask, then superglued in some fat strips of felt leather in between where the mandibles would rest, and between the upper mandibles, and the brow. Next, I heated each mask with a blow drier, and formed it to the unpainted face, with the closed mandibles attached of course. Both fit snug, you can hold the detached heads in you hand, shake them, and the helmet doesn't fly off.

Here's the finished Falconer head... (the commissioned work)

falconfacerson.jpg

falconfacerson2.jpg

And here's a shot of my original mod, you can see here the interior of the helmet...

htfalconer6.jpg

Hopefully some of that is useful. You can check out more pics either thru my imageshack, or my profile here.

Wow u r so talented :) The paint jobs look amazing.

Credit to:

Elder_Predator2: Thanks for the mandibles Seth :)

ObsidianStag: Thanks for helping this project. I am enjoying your work :) The eyes indeed look scary just what I wanted in the first place :) Can't wait for the actual head haha.

Ah, uncanny timing! I actually just finished up my second Falconer face mod, this one being a commissioned work. Both mods I have done, the helmet can fit snug on the face without sticky tack or anything like that. I used a dremel tool to smooth out the inside of the face area of the mask, then superglued in some fat strips of felt leather in between where the mandibles would rest, and between the upper mandibles, and the brow. Next, I heated each mask with a blow drier, and formed it to the unpainted face, with the closed mandibles attached of course. Both fit snug, you can hold the detached heads in you hand, shake them, and the helmet doesn't fly off.

Here's the finished Falconer head... (the commissioned work)

falconfacerson.jpg

falconfacerson2.jpg

And here's a shot of my original mod, you can see here the interior of the helmet...

htfalconer6.jpg

Hopefully some of that is useful. You can check out more pics either thru my imageshack, or my profile here.

Thanks a bunch for posting this. Lol, leave it to me to post a question, and then totally forget for 24 hours.

Your custom looks awesome. I've only hand painted a couple Transformers so far. Custom Tracker, and Falconer heads will be my first custom painting on a Pred. I'm really not sure what to use.

Thanks a bunch for posting this. Lol, leave it to me to post a question, and then totally forget for 24 hours.

Your custom looks awesome. I've only hand painted a couple Transformers so far. Custom Tracker, and Falconer heads will be my first custom painting on a Pred. I'm really not sure what to use.

To use for paint? I've been using cheap craft store acrylic paints, been working fine so far. And then some semi-gloss, and matte spray paints to seal it all up. That, and as many photo references as I can find, course on the heads you can kinda use your imagination, but it's good to have references. If you already have some experience custom painting, then I'm sure you'll have some killer custom preds when you're done!

To Pepez, we'll get it all sorted, and the head will be in the mail very soon!

To ElderPred2, I can imagine they were a b_tch to make, but they turned out great! I'll have to get things lined up when tracker comes out...

Testors!
Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long while.
I remember using their paints when I was very young building model planes.

Too bad, I've lost that creative side decades ago. :(

Mr. Ecko, you gotta dump photobucket. I can hardly ever see your pics. Try imageshack instead. I have photos still appearing after several years have passed.

Back