Hot Toys ESB FETT tips tricks and other cool mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got the DX Fett and it's pretty impressive, though daunting in the sheer number of changes/futzes that will need to be done.

The most complex thing is to try to narrow the squint

Why? Helmet is probably the most accurate in any licensed form that’s been released. I’ll be able to tell more tomorrow though.

Wow..that's amazing. How exactly did you crome paint it? I own about 10 different shades of metalic silver acrylic paints, and no way does it turn out like yours. Gotta know how it's done.

Thanks! I used the Molotow Chrome paint pen. It was super easy to use and it looks like real chrome.

Why? Helmet is probably the most accurate in any licensed form that’s been released. I’ll be able to tell more tomorrow though.

Because it jumped out at me on both helmets as soon as I saw them. The brow is a bit narrow, so I'll likely be adding to the brow to narrow the squint.

Because it jumped out at me on both helmets as soon as I saw them. The brow is a bit narrow, so I'll likely be adding to the brow to narrow the squint.

The hero's brow is actually "damaged" due to a bow in the fiberglass which gives it the wavy appearance. In terms of how narrow the horizontal area is on the helmet is seems pretty close to the screen shots from ESB.

The hero's brow is actually "damaged" due to a bow in the fiberglass which gives it the wavy appearance. In terms of how narrow the horizontal area is on the helmet is seems pretty close to the screen shots from ESB.

It's not the wavy appearance, the brow just isn't wide enough by almost a 1/3 - look at the costume helmet brow on the right and HT brow on the left. What's good is the amount that it's too narrow is about the same amount that the squint is too wide. These two pics aren't the greatest because the angles are slightly off (and the angle the HT helmet is at makes the squint seem narrower than it is,) but you get the general idea:

MSnE7cY.png

The helmet looks good when viewed from straight on...but it's still way off and not very accurate....especially the curve of the visor and front of the helmet.

The 6inch figures from Mafex and Hasbro black series have more accurate shaped helmets...

Looks great, what about that ROTJ mythosaur on the shoulder of your ESB Fett?

Yeah HT got it wrong...funny that they go through all the trouble of getting somethings right like the wee pistol and holster....but then screw up on other little details like the mythosaur insignia...shin tools are wrong as well...
I might use the shoulder armor from SS as they got the insignia right...but i'm not gone on the overall shape and color.

I always liked the medicom boba fett helmet myself. I`m using it on my SSC V1 I got the V2 chest plate and back pack coming in also have the SSC V2 rocket pack I did not know those fins on top of the rocket actually open up that was cool.

The helmet looks good when viewed from straight on...but it's still way off and not very accurate....especially the curve of the visor and front of the helmet.

The 6inch figures from Mafex and Hasbro black series have more accurate shaped helmets...

I'll take a look closely how much the Hot Toy's is off shortly.

Yeah HT got it wrong...funny that they go through all the trouble of getting somethings right like the wee pistol and holster....but then screw up on other little details like the mythosaur insignia...shin tools are wrong as well...
I might use the shoulder armor from SS as they got the insignia right...but i'm not gone on the overall shape and color.

Yeah, that was the first wtf when I was taking everything out of the box. I also had some real difficulty getting them into the pockets - the more blade-like tool punched a micro hole when I tried to get it further down. Probably just a one-off issue with the stitching being a mm or so further over on mine.

The tools are weird, you can see enough of them to get it accurate, yet several companies have gotten them wrong in strange ways.

I honestly wish these companies would contact some people about the costumes; it's obvious the fans know WAY more about these than whoever is picked to design the stuff. They do a great job with so much, but it's that last 5% that makes it for a lot of people.

I honestly wish these companies would contact some people about the costumes; it's obvious the fans know WAY more about these than whoever is picked to design the stuff. They do a great job with so much, but it's that last 5% that makes it for a lot of people.

They do and do you know what the worst part is?! They listen to NOTHING.

See SSC's collection of 1:1 Fett and Vaders. They had the best person on the project and decided to go into a new, way way way way less accurate direction.

and when the prototype comes out looking stellar, stirring up everones wallets, they change things on the production piece. the premium format ESB prototype was painted by a true ESB enthusiast and did an amazing job. by the time the pieces shipped from China, it was like night and day. like a 5 year olds arts and crafts project. i'll never buy from Sideshow again. but by the time you get the figure, youve waited 6 months past the original ship date ao what can you do? repaint the entire thing and make it right, thats what...

They do and do you know what the worst part is?! They listen to NOTHING.

See SSC's collection of 1:1 Fett and Vaders. They had the best person on the project and decided to go into a new, way way way way less accurate direction.

They listen when people don't buy items.

Last edited:
Back