1/6 Hot Toys ESB Chewbacca speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This board is a ghost town. We really need a new ot release. I saw this and thought there was an update, but nothing new. Of course 2 marvel figs announced today. Another hulk and Thor, and we can?t get bespin han.

You're being ridiculously unreasonable...HT released total 6 new SW annoucements over the last 3 months, 4 out of that are from OT. And yes Im counting that gonk little droid as a whole figure, judging based on that outrageous price tag they're currently charging their customers.

Bespin Han and new Chewie will get their turn in... unforeseeable future :monkey3.

You're being ridiculously unreasonable...HT released total 6 new SW annoucements over the last 3 months, 4 out of that are from OT. And yes Im counting that gonk little droid as a whole figure, judging based on that outrageous price tag they're currently charging their customers.

Bespin Han and new Chewie will get their turn in... unforeseeable future :monkey3.

I thought for sure this had updated since yesterday!!
Damn!!
excitement levels dropping...😁

Since they got the license, HT has basically released a new Star Wars figure roughly every 2 weeks if you do the math! Collectors from other genres and film franchises (other than Marvel) are pissed... :lol

Hot Toys doesn’t do releases to coincide with anniversaries, but I feel like we’ll see some more Original Trilogy figures next year since there won’t be anything else Star Wars to release for a while. I would think Han and Chewie from ESB would be good bets. Hopefully Lando too. Still have my fingers crossed that Chewie will come with broken 3PO, although it would be weird not having a regular version of 3PO first.

So another train wreck of a Chewie figure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don’t think the Chewbacca figures that have been released have been that bad truthfully. I think collectors expect a bit too much at times. Considering that we got two versions of the character with full fur and they turned out as good as they did is impressive in my opinion. The first version is better I’ll admit.

Hot Toys doesn?t do releases to coincide with anniversaries, but I feel like we?ll see some more Original Trilogy figures next year since there won?t be anything else Star Wars to release for a while. I would think Han and Chewie from ESB would be good bets. Hopefully Lando too. Still have my fingers crossed that Chewie will come with broken 3PO, although it would be weird not having a regular version of 3PO first.
Up until this point that may be true, but with Disney pushing/pulling the strings it might not be up to HT.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I really don’t think the Chewbacca figures that have been released have been that bad truthfully. I think collectors expect a bit too much at times. Considering that we got two versions of the character with full fur and they turned out as good as they did is impressive in my opinion. The first version is better I’ll admit.

Yeah, I kind of agree but it's weird that they seemed to get worse with each new version The ANH version is still by far the best to me, but it has issues with the face. I have three ANH Chewies (got a good deal on the first and crazy good deals on the second two) and the faces do vary, the last one I got was better than the first one.

I really would hope if they do an ESB Chewy (unlikely IMO) that they do an all-new head/face construction. Maybe a combo of part of the face sculpted but blended with fur parts added might improve the likeness.

Yeah I was pretty happy with the single release of the ep.4 chewbacca. I've never even opened the 2 pack but i imagine the face will be worse on that one because it seems 2 packs and deluxes are done first. In any case it will blow the custom figure i got from ebay 15 years ago out of the water.

Original Chewie was a good rendition. It was ground-breaking in it's use of fur and it definitely is still the best version yet.

Some fellow Freaks have done amazing work on making it even better, too.

Original Chewie was a good rendition. It was ground-breaking in it's use of fur and it definitely is still the best version yet.

Some fellow Freaks have done amazing work on making it even better, too.

A real furry Chewbacca that didn't look like crap is one of the reasons I started collecting Hot Toys. Never thought I'd see the day and was blown away when the promo pics came out. I love mine.

Yep! Me too.

I think its funny that I would probably have several Chewies on display, if I had the chance.

Chewie with ANH Han (check)
Chewie with Hoth Han...
Chewie with Bespin Han...
Chewie with RotJ Han...
Chewie with Han ("Solo" film)

Yeah, I have Chewie with 3PO backpack, Chewie as Boussh prisoner and ANH Chewy/Han - one from each movie.

Still waiting for a definitive set of ESB Han + Chewie from Hot Toys.

I will go with Endor Leia as a main female figure from the OT :wink1:.

Back