1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, you’re right on getting lots of elements of BDW in there but still slightly funky. For me it’s the smirk mainly. Still very excited to finally be getting this.
It's just that Lando to me was huge as a kid (I currently have THREE 1/6 Lando skiffs :slap :lol) and I would have LOVED it if Lando turned out to be one of those HT bullseye sculpts like Krennic. It's decent for sure, ticks most boxes, but it just doesn't feel like BDW to me based on the proto pics, despite the hyper realism.

The smirk is neither here nor there and I wonder if the way it distorts his lips/mouth may have been part of the problem. Like if they had went with a neutral expression with no distorted/pursed lips the likeness would have been improved.

I'm really sweating on these in-hand pics because I'm getting it (at least one...) either way.

Add $600-700 for those needing to pick up a second ANH Han to customise and you're talking about a $1,000 figure. I mean I know we're desperate for a Bespin Han, but that's a hefty price to pay.
Can pick up the Solo figure still for a reasonable price and have a body, holster, belt, boots (plus if you sell off the rest it won't cost too much). If you have a Stormie Han you already have a sculpt to use as well.

Not the Gee Whiz, but I just completed my full custom so I'm biased and want everyone else to join in on the fun. :lol

991734E6-DAC5-490F-901D-AC355155B546.png

I think the same thing when there's a fringe piece that I'm on the fence about. Lando is not a fringe piece for me, so I hope you have to buy it! :)
I am just waiting for it to be in stock before ordering because I'm pretty tired of getting an email 4 days before being charged when I'm paid bi-weekly and then having to reprioritize how I'm spending my pennies and which utility I dont need :)
I also think this is going to be a bit of a peg warmer until it goes to waitlist and then speculators pile on.

Can pick up the Solo figure still for a reasonable price and have a body, holster, belt, boots (plus if you sell off the rest it won't cost too much). If you have a Stormie Han you already have a sculpt to use as well.

Not the Gee Whiz, but I just completed my full custom so I'm biased and want everyone else to join in on the fun. :lol

View attachment 540874
Which jacket is this?

Definitely, especially Leia. They can make her from the spare parts bin.

Back