1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just like ROTJ Leia, I bought Lando just to "complete the quintessential OT characters", now the wait for new Han and Chewie.

I dunno. The blogger pics aren't doing this one any favors.
The posing is a little wacky, the outfit (especially the shirt) look "slept in" and wrinkled. Wonder if the bloggers rushed these out...

Looking forward to the usual suspects post shots and reviews.

Yeah I was thinking eyes and lips, just seem a bit off.

It is Lando though and who knows if Hot Toys would make another one and ever get to his looks in ROTJ.
I think it's mostly the mouth/chin area. BDW has a very distinctive look in that area of his face.

The HT eyes are a bit small and the shape off a little, but main issue's the mouth.

Obligatory bad photoshop comp pic (ref pic mouth pasted).... :lol

vfbcTPK.jpg

head - body ratio looks a bit off. Maybe only the blogger pics, but still... let's wait for the first review videos ^_°

Like every one else I'm still not crazy about the odd expression (and the bloggers seem equally confused as to whether it's meant to be a smile or a grimace), but it gets the job done well enough and the likeness still seems pretty strong, so I can live with it.

Looking at these pics I thought his cape was looking a bit wonky, but then I started looking at screenshots and it does kinda look like that in the movie too more so than I remember.

It will be nice to finally have Lando in the collection but I'm going to wait until he comes in to decide on a second. It might be wise simply because this could be the last 1/6 BDW Lando in my lifetime. I'm not sure HT will make a ROTJ version.

Hope it's possible to pull the shirt down more like in the photo above. I think the fact you can't see his neck is what's throwing off the proportions a bit (much like with Blitzway Zorro).

ffba981ba97012e5bf099fd5c9ade40f.png

Yeah, the strap is a lot thinner in relation, but you never see it.

All these years and I never realised Lando's cape was held on by straps! :slap

No wonder it was always so difficult to keep the cape on the Sideshow version. They opted for a wired collar that I never found very successful when trying to pose the figure in anything but very strict museum style.

Hope it's possible to pull the shirt down more like in the photo above. I think the fact you can't see his neck is what's throwing off the proportions a bit (much like with Blitzway Zorro).

Worst case scenario I'll pull the shirt down and run electrical tape around it as I did with Zorro. (That shirt was particularly annoying!)

Aside from the Episode IV variant DH-17, which is incorrect for Episode V and also too short, I'm generally pleased with what I'm seeing in this photo here.
244498147_10158266333097344_3176425434963046955_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back