1/6 Hot Toys Endgame Ronin (Hawkeye) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks jmann, I wish there were pictures so I can see what you mean. LOL. I guess I just gotta wait for mine to come in to see. I'm not sure what you mean by the tab that HT put sideways? So it's not like a ordinary zipper?

117524953_2868672296749868_8330596061893956685_n.jpg

You see the zipper there, when I say tab I mean the actual part you are supposed to grab on to that you use to zip it up and down. For whatever reason Hot Toys put it on sideways. You know...instead of how every other tab on a zipper is normally on there. So when pulling it up and down its awkward. Trust me, you'll see what I mean when you get it lol.

View attachment 493237

You see the zipper there, when I say tab I mean the actual part you are supposed to grab on to that you use to zip it up and down. For whatever reason Hot Toys put it on sideways. You know...instead of how every other tab on a zipper is normally on there. So when pulling it up and down its awkward. Trust me, you'll see what I mean when you get it lol.

Fair enough haha. I'm just worried about the actual connection with the bottom connection of the entire thing. I think that's where the problem is as there is no "insertion pin".

Fair enough haha. I'm just worried about the actual connection with the bottom connection of the entire thing. I think that's where the problem is as there is no "insertion pin".

There is a start insert but it's black plastic (very hard to see) & undersized so it does not stay put. Trick is getting it all lined up & getting your first pull in. The 90deg tab is more problematic than you are giving it credit for as the force is not in the right direction when you pull, which pretty much forces you to use one hand to keep pressure on the jacket to keep the two haves of the zipper as straight as possible while zipping up one handed.

They have no choice but to use those zips. All you do is unfurl a paper lip and use that to pull the zip up and down.
And everyone else ho has had a problem with the zip must have incorrectly put the bottom tab in.

There is a start insert but it's black plastic (very hard to see) & undersized so it does not stay put. Trick is getting it all lined up & getting your first pull in. The 90deg tab is more problematic than you are giving it credit for as the force is not in the right direction when you pull, which pretty much forces you to use one hand to keep pressure on the jacket to keep the two haves of the zipper as straight as possible while zipping up one handed.

Yup. That zipper is more laborious than you may think lol. I was terrified I'd snap it off at the wonky angle they chose to use. And on the topic of "insertion pins", I've also seen the odd few posts on facebook of ppl missing the piece of plastic at the end needed to slot into the zipper or it just being frayed to all hell. Another thing to watch for

I posted some of the pictures on the Facebook group. The zipper on the jacket is horrible. Took me forever to try and get the tab on the bottom to slot in and it just wouldn?t work. With all the rubbing back and forth it caused the tab to fray and it?s basically just fabric...not really hard plastic. I will see if sideshow can send me a new jacket but even if they do I probably won?t attempt to do it again. Guess he will just be Hawkeye for me.

IMG_0720.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. That zipper is more laborious than you may think lol. I was terrified I'd snap it off at the wonky angle they chose to use. And on the topic of "insertion pins", I've also seen the odd few posts on facebook of ppl missing the piece of plastic at the end needed to slot into the zipper or it just being frayed to all hell. Another thing to watch for

Wait so are you saying it never did come with the plastic at the end and it's just cloth? How did people manage to zip theirs up?

Here?s one more shot without the extra light:

00e18d1e0ed93e25d734e9b5a62ed44c.jpg

I posted some of the pictures on the Facebook group. The zipper on the jacket is horrible. Took me forever to try and get the tab on the bottom to slot in and it just wouldn?t work. With all the rubbing back and forth it caused the tab to fray and it?s basically just fabric...not really hard plastic. I will see if sideshow can send me a new jacket but even if they do I probably won?t attempt to do it again. Guess he will just be Hawkeye for me.

View attachment 493287

Yours never came with the insertion plastic? I'm guessing it's going to be the same as everyone else?

Yours never came with the insertion plastic? I'm guessing it's going to be the same as everyone else?

It had the insertion plastic, but I couldn?t get it to slot in the metal clasp on the other side and after awhile of trying to get it in it literally broke apart. It might be plastic but it?s not a very sturdy plastic and seemed to fray as if it was made of fabric. I am no expert on how this stuff works but it just sucks.
1c6186acbcb176e101d31edd2e681893.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

It had the insertion plastic, but I couldn?t get it to slot in the metal clasp on the other side and after awhile of trying to get it in it literally broke apart. It might be plastic but it?s not a very sturdy plastic and seemed to fray as if it was made of fabric. I am no expert on how this stuff works but it just sucks.

View attachment 493288

Ohhhh ok.

It's important to have that tab at the bottom slotted correctly before attempting to zip up that jacket. I got mine to work no problem but it's not something I would want to regularly change up. If attempted too many times or attempted incorrectly it could easily end up frayed as shown in the pictures.

It's important to have that tab at the bottom slotted correctly before attempting to zip up that jacket. I got mine to work no problem but it's not something I would want to regularly change up. If attempted too many times or attempted incorrectly it could easily end up frayed as shown in the pictures.

I agree. I was being careful with mine but I think the tab wasn?t shaped correctly and just wouldn?t fit right. I got frustrated and ended up trying to force it too much which is probably what messed it up. I just wish it would have fit well to begin with.

Wait so are you saying it never did come with the plastic at the end and it's just cloth? How did people manage to zip theirs up?

Mine came with it in perfect condition. Had no problems with the plastic on the end. It's like just a quality issue that may vary

View attachment 493288
That?s what mine looked like after trying to get the damn thing zipped up for half an hour.

Decided to repose mine. I was gonna go with the standard Hawkeye outfit but I didn?t want to deal with the zipper and I really just like the Ronin tunic. Still very I happy I went for the deluxe.
d593051ceb77b16b041d88c97274d2df.jpg

Back