1/6 Hot Toys Endgame Ronin (Hawkeye) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope there are more opportunities to combine the Hawkeye & Ronin looks was a little bummed to find out that we could not have the quiver & the sword sheath could not be on his back at the same time, but I imagine some one will do a 3d part for that. Also did not realise the hand could take 2 throwing stars at the same time, nice.

Yeah I know what you mean. Personally a mix of both worlds would be the ideal set up. I think a full masked Ronin get up with the quiver on his back, sword in on hand, bow in the other, and prepping to fire the mini crossbow is what I'm settled on.

Not an American but are there not legal issues when the release was listed with "Interchangeable Character name tag Exclusive to the Deluxe Version" think HT is on the hook for providing it in the American market so more than a good chance it's in. Though when I first preordered this guy a year ago a sticker was not the first thing to come to my mind.

Just got the figure today. Extremely disappointed. The zipper on the ronin outfit won?t sip up. Pain in the ass. This is why I?m seriously thinking about switching to statue collecting only. Just buy a statue, put it somewhere and look at it. None of this bull crap with trying to zip up a tiny zipper meant for people with fingers the size of ants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my source, if you PO'd Hawkeye DLX at SB, you would've gotten a notification from them to grab the Ronin nameplate. This was a few weeks ago. So if you ordered not from SB and already have your Hawkeye DLX, you're SOL. SSC on the other hand, their shipments are supposed to have them. I can't confirm it yet because I haven't received mine yet.

I literally just opened it, a Ronin sticker is included in the instructions.

Haven't gone through everything yet, not sure i remember a single figure ever having this many individual plastic trays. First impression of the controversial Renner sculpt is that it's not Hot Toys greatest work. It's not awful but looks best at a slight angle so that one side of his face catches some shadow. For sure a letdown compared with the proto.

I literally just opened it, a Ronin sticker is included in the instructions.

Haven't gone through everything yet, not sure i remember a single figure ever having this many individual plastic trays. First impression of the controversial Renner sculpt is that it's not Hot Toys greatest work. It's not awful but looks best at a slight angle so that one side of his face catches some shadow. For sure a letdown compared with the proto.

It's a sticker and not a magnet or something? Hmm, that's an odd choice as a sticker only has a very limited amount of applications.

And glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels the sculpt is a letdown not only in photos, but in-hand as well...pretty much all I needed to hear to validate my decision to pass on this figure.

It's a sticker and not a magnet or something? Hmm, that's an odd choice as a sticker only has a very limited amount of applications.

And glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels the sculpt is a letdown not only in photos, but in-hand as well...pretty much all I needed to hear to validate my decision to pass on this figure.

Well I wouldn't pass because of the sculpt myself. It still has the Ronin head and to be clear the Renner sculpt is still decent, it just isn't the bang on 98% Endgame Renner proto.

The Ronin tag is a sticker. Nothing fancy but does allow for changing the name on the base if desired.

Well I wouldn't pass because of the sculpt myself. It still has the Ronin head and to be clear the Renner sculpt is still decent, it just isn't the bang on 98% Endgame Renner proto.

The Ronin tag is a sticker. Nothing fancy but does allow for changing the name on the base if desired.

Got mine last night and knowing how many trays and arrow assemblies were ahead of me, I've waited until today at lunch to take my time and figure out the right pose and look. I'll share my perspective on the Renner sculpt as well, although GMoney is a hard one to turn :)

Got mine last night and knowing how many trays and arrow assemblies were ahead of me, I've waited until today at lunch to take my time and figure out the right pose and look. I'll share my perspective on the Renner sculpt as well, although GMoney is a hard one to turn :)

Enjoy the figure! And I look forward to your photos!

But yeah...good luck trying to convince me otherwise. If you somehow can, then kudos to you! :clap

Enjoy the figure! And I look forward to your photos!

But yeah...good luck trying to convince me otherwise. If you somehow can, then kudos to you! :clap

b486bf07b2da2a49135ecc347d4ec374.jpg

0a085979ea05401bccd08e359b7e3230.jpg

I really like the figure, although getting a pose that looked natural and wasn't a straight museum pose was near impossible. The other photo is my little Infinity War/Endgame Hot Toys wall. I'm a little concerned that I'll be able to get the remaining Endgame figures all added without it getting too crowded...

Got my deluxe in today. Initial impression was that the sculpt is quite a letdown, especially considering how amazing the proto sculpt looked. It was basically getting the type of reaction that the new Cable sculpt was getting when it got revealed. The final sculpt is definitely quite soft in both sculpt and paint work as far as Hot Toys standards go. Renner has some ridiculously prominent creases in his forehead, for example, that are basically not there at all. I thought I was overreacting until I put him up next to my Civil War Hawkeye, and the paint and sculpt detail really isnt that much improved between the two.

That said, even with the iffy sculpt, I really love this guy. Comes with an insane amount of accessories of course, and pleasantly surprised that the suit material really does seem to be a canvas type material, not a pleather like a few of the YouTube reviewers were saying. I think Justin was one of the only ones to call that correctly. I also do think they should have provided more arrows for the quiver if they were going to have them stay loose inside, just looks about half full with the amount provided.

But overall I am happy. I was getting a bit hesitant to keep my order just because of the final head sculpt plus the fact that a lot of figures with all black clothing can tend to look a bit boring on the shelf for me, but the different textures and gold accents really help out. Overall glad I kept it and looking forward to Black Widow.

Well Like so many others, finally got this in today! When this came out in HK I waited a bit and got a deal on a full body minus the head sculpt, so I could make a real Hawkeye and have Ronin as well. This was always going to be my only Hawkeye, so made sense to make 2 figs out of it. Got to say I love everything about him. Sure the Renner head sculpt is a little "squinty" but it was never going to be a deal breaker for me. The accessories are great and love the detail and paint work on the sword and shurikens. Was also surprised and relieved this came with the Ronin sticker too(very weird the early HK reviews didn't have it?)? Took some pix for those on the fence, maybe can sway someone one way or another lol. For some reason cant get one of the pics to be correctly oriented on here, oh well.
View attachment 492527he2.jpgView attachment 492529[/ATTACH]r2.jpgr3.jpgrhe1.jpgView attachment 492533

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 200

I really like the figure, although getting a pose that looked natural and wasn't a straight museum pose was near impossible. The other photo is my little Infinity War/Endgame Hot Toys wall. I'm a little concerned that I'll be able to get the remaining Endgame figures all added without it getting too crowded...

Very nice set up you got going on there! :clap

Got my deluxe in today. Initial impression was that the sculpt is quite a letdown, especially considering how amazing the proto sculpt looked. It was basically getting the type of reaction that the new Cable sculpt was getting when it got revealed. The final sculpt is definitely quite soft in both sculpt and paint work as far as Hot Toys standards go. Renner has some ridiculously prominent creases in his forehead, for example, that are basically not there at all. I thought I was overreacting until I put him up next to my Civil War Hawkeye, and the paint and sculpt detail really isnt that much improved between the two.

That said, even with the iffy sculpt, I really love this guy. Comes with an insane amount of accessories of course, and pleasantly surprised that the suit material really does seem to be a canvas type material, not a pleather like a few of the YouTube reviewers were saying. I think Justin was one of the only ones to call that correctly. I also do think they should have provided more arrows for the quiver if they were going to have them stay loose inside, just looks about half full with the amount provided.

But overall I am happy. I was getting a bit hesitant to keep my order just because of the final head sculpt plus the fact that a lot of figures with all black clothing can tend to look a bit boring on the shelf for me, but the different textures and gold accents really help out. Overall glad I kept it and looking forward to Black Widow.

Well, that's disappointing to hear that the sculpt was a letdown for you...it certainly was for me as well since I was loving the proto...but at least you like the figure overall which is good!

Well Like so many others, finally got this in today! When this came out in HK I waited a bit and got a deal on a full body minus the head sculpt, so I could make a real Hawkeye and have Ronin as well. This was always going to be my only Hawkeye, so made sense to make 2 figs out of it. Got to say I love everything about him. Sure the Renner head sculpt is a little "squinty" but it was never going to be a deal breaker for me. The accessories are great and love the detail and paint work on the sword and shurikens. Was also surprised and relieved this came with the Ronin sticker too(very weird the early HK reviews didn't have it?)? Took some pix for those on the fence, maybe can sway someone one way or another lol. For some reason cant get one of the pics to be correctly oriented on here, oh well.
View attachment 492527View attachment 492528View attachment 492529[/ATTACH]View attachment 492530View attachment 492531View attachment 492532View attachment 492533

That is a great idea to get another body to make Ronin and Hawkeye together! Where did you get the extra body from? eBay?

Nice display Dennis. I'm in the process of building my new display and I see it is very similar to yours here. Except it is free standing.

Do you have only the Marvel display ? Would be interested in some additional pics if you have them.

The reason I decided to make mine like this is to keep it simple with focus on the figures themselves. 2 rows also enables better utilisation of space.

Nice display Dennis. I'm in the process of building my new display and I see it is very similar to yours here. Except it is free standing.

Do you have only the Marvel display ? Would be interested in some additional pics if you have them.

The reason I decided to make mine like this is to keep it simple with focus on the figures themselves. 2 rows also enables better utilisation of space.

c3a1fc33c2656969ea01edfe94c76411.jpg

a3718d8c827a2d7b33221376d58c7872.jpg

fd51cdfe655eebc49996f32b5d16ae09.jpg

99162740cbd42adc84cbc06d7b98871a.jpg

201f4f7efdff3a817d87039d3572ca5d.jpg

40b8a7f033f1dede334f41edb1224c9e.jpg

Yeah, I have a few Star Wars things as well... :) Actually, I resisted Marvel stuff until Infinity War, then I was all in on that and Endgame. I also went back and collected the OG Avenger crew. The two shelving areas that are dedicated to Marvel 1/6 scale were actually just walls a couple months ago. I tore out the wall, built a false wall in the ajoining room to make the recessed shelving. Only option as I didn't have the space between the wall and my desk for any other option. Worked out pretty well...

That is a great idea to get another body to make Ronin and Hawkeye together! Where did you get the extra body from? eBay?

Yea got it off ebay for $150 about a month ago. A little more than I wanted to spend but came with a fully clothed body with vest, mini wrist bow, and even the harness for the sword/bow(which is almost impossible to find on ebay as both figures need it). Come to think of it was just missing a head sculpt. Still even had the plastic on the hands and feet. So for me it was well worth it!

Nice. I was pretty disappointed that the deluxe figure didn't come with another harness, or at a minimum a way to attach the sheath to the quiver. I'm pretty sure the quiver had the sheath attached during the final battle scene. I'm probably going to use some double sided tape to affix the sheath to it so that it peeks out over his shoulder...

Back