1/6 Hot Toys - Endgame - Captain America (Special Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To seasoned Captain America Hot Toys collectors:

As a collector without any Caps in his collection - would you still say the upcoming Endgame Cap is worth getting?
Or is there a past release that would work better as a definitive Cap?
I'm a 1 figure per character guy (unless their look has changed MASSIVELY like Thor) So I'm looking for a Cap that can represent him for his entire arc.

I agree with you about clipperking, although I also tend to fast forward on his reviews cause most of the time, he'll ramble of 15 minutes before even getting to the figures. lol.
But I agree that he will say it as it is and be brutally honest about a figure's shortcomings.

I wonder what happened to him.

Has he ever had a negative review of a figure?

I miss ClipperKing as well. Was my favorite reviewer. Even my wife who doesn't care anything about figures would watch at times and chime in. Plus he incorporated humor which I enjoyed. Don't see that from any other reviewer besides Shartimus.

Wherever he is and whatever he's up to, I wish him well. All I know is that I will click at the speed of light if I ever receive a new upload notification from his youtube channel :rotfl

I ordered a figure from them two weeks ago. A couple days after ordering they sent me a notice my package was in the mail, with a tracking number. A week after that, the tracking showed that the carrier had not even received the package, and I contacted Toys Wonderland. They said I should see it sent out the next day, and it looks like it was put in the mail in the last 24hours.

I just haven't used them before, and if it takes over 10 days for a package to be put into the mail, and they tell you it was already in the mail...that gets on my iffy radar.

all those protesting going on in HK is backing up some shipments as well as HT release...

I think I might re-buy Concept Cap and just have that as my representation of the character - incredibly solid figure that's very aesthetically pleasing.

What a travesty though...a non-movie specific concept figure ends up being superior to the 1/6 representations from Marvel's two flagship movies, one of which includes the most iconic Cap moment committed to film.

Sometimes I just don't get Hot Toys.

Wherever he is and whatever he's up to, I wish him well. All I know is that I will click at the speed of light if I ever receive a new upload notification from his youtube channel :rotfl

I seem to remember something about clipperking in the molecule8 scam thread but I'm not going to skim that thread. I tried searching for his posts but it didnt work.

I seem to remember something about clipperking in the molecule8 scam thread but I'm not going to skim that thread. I tried searching for his posts but it didnt work.

Wow... I hope he wasn't guilty of anything. I'd be shocked... like "Santa Clause isn't real?" kinda shocked lol.

--------------

Been browsing some of the comments on Justin's D23 Capt comparison video and is it true that Hot Toys doesn't care about the opinions and complaints of foreign markets? Do they really push that large of numbers in Hong Kong for the other countries not to matter all that much?

I got a weird feeling that we wont be seeing any major changes with the body for the final Endgame Capt. Maybe they will fix the shield only? Not enough people are complaining and it seems like they won't waste their initial investments on all the molds and production costs. Looks like I'll need to pick up a spare IW body to start modifying :(

It?s weird when you think about how many things seem undersized on this release. The Star is too small for the chest, the head is too small for the body, the clasps on the shoulders are too small for the straps, the compass is too small. I for one have little expectation that any of these issues will be fixed for the final release. As for the ultimate Cap, I still think it is the Civil War version, especially if you have the battling version.

My favorite YouTubers are Danoby2, Xenomorph, and DeanKnight. I think those three have a great combination of unique personalities and in-depth critiques. I?ve also been digging some newer channels like EZ Company Collectibles and Paradox Nerd lately, who both have better camera and lighting setups than pretty much any other reviewers out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For me the only reviewers that count for anything are the ones who are allowed to criticize and who ideally aren't flailing their hands around in front of the camera.

For me the only reviewers that count for anything are the ones who are allowed to criticize and who ideally aren't flailing their hands around in front of the camera.

LOL! I'm with this guy, hands floating all over is very distracting. For that matter, a review shouldnt spend 20% of its time on the box. Boxes are great, sometimes they are so cool I keep them even, but usually they end up collapsed down and folded up in my basement because of space limitations.

Xenomorph's my favorite video reviewer by far. At least he plays (occasionally breaks) with his toys.

All i really need is a 360 degree view, some pointers about potential problems, and articulation limits. And frankly 95% of the accessories do I hardly ever use but its nice to have them so i understand covering those.

Yes it's well known that Justin loves the figures he reviews most of the time.
But as long as he does point out the flaws and explains why they don't bother him, it's ok for me. It's his personal opinion. And I can decide whether I agree with him or not.

By the way his comparison video is also up, which I think it's quite objective.

My favorite YouTubers are Danoby2, Xenomorph, and DeanKnight. I think those three have a great combination of unique personalities and in-depth critiques. I?ve also been digging some newer channels like EZ Company Collectibles and Paradox Nerd lately, who both have better camera and lighting setups than pretty much any other reviewers out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, much better than Justin's Collection.

I wonder how this would look with another head, maybe the WS/AOU sculpt or a Steve Rogers. The bigger head could help a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The proportions do look a lot better in that comparison. All that is needed is some kind of collar under the suit to stop it falling down into the neck hole to give the traps some volume, which I'm sure can be easily 3d printed. It's definitely something I'm going to try when I get him.

Sad we may never get ideal Cap

68942504_569625460241309_4634059234102158176_n~2.jpg

Back