1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. I would love her to come with her pulse rifle and flame thrower, bandolier of grenades and a Newt to carry with her. Siguorney will not give her likeness rights if the figure has a gun. I think flame throwers don't apply cause she's holding it with the Alien HT figure.

Because a flipping FLAMETHROWER isn't nearly as dangerous as a fictitious rifle. :lol

Because a flipping FLAMETHROWER isn't nearly as dangerous as a fictitious rifle. :lol

Right. I don't get it either. She's a huge anti-gun nut. That's why if you look at the Ripley HT did almost ten years ago it looks like crapf because they couldn't get her likeness rights. Mcfarlane tried to put her in the Movie Maniacs line but Sigourney said only without a gun. Never got a figure from Mcfarlane. So I'm just happy we're finally getting Ripley. Two of em.

Right. I don't get it either. She's a huge anti-gun nut. That's why if you look at the Ripley HT did almost ten years ago it looks like crapf because they couldn't get her likeness rights. Mcfarlane tried to put her in the Movie Maniacs line but Sigourney said only without a gun. Never got a figure from Mcfarlane. So I'm just happy we're finally getting Ripley. Two of em.

Yeah, I'm not happy about the Alien HS, but I'll probably break down and get it. Power Loader, we'll see.

Just watched Aliens and I never thought of getting into This figure until now...
Don't have anything from Aliens franchise
Do you think they will release the Queen or any more of the Xenomorphs???

A 1/6 Queen would likely be too big for sale. We're already looking at 30 or so inches with NECA's Queen and that's at a 7-inch scale. So Hot Toys's version would exceed 50 inches (talk about Size Queens, heh-heh-heh).

And there's no way the Ripley with Power Loader is gonna be any less than $550. It'll probably be $50 to $100 more, once you factor in taxes and shipping.

Just had a terrible thought...

What if Hot Toys sells Ripley and the Powerloader as seperate "figures" so they could squeeze a bit more out of us. Prob gonna be sold like this:

(A) Power Loader
(B) Ripley
(C) Power Loader w/Ripley

Let's do a little comparison. HT needs to weather her shirt, although it may just be a placeholder.

aliens.jpg
alienspl.jpg
ripleypowerloader.jpg
ripleypower.jpg

And just for fun, the first HT Power Loader.

firstpowerloadre.jpg

Why, why, why does the neck on this have to be so scrawny?

Actually, going off that last convention shot, the head itself might be a little oversized.

Why, why, why does the neck on this have to be so scrawny?

Actually, going off that last convention shot, the head itself might be a little oversized.

It's almost as if it had been designed to accommodate additional clothing. Not very helpful if you just want to pose it with the Power Loader, but it would be a boon to guys who don't want the PL.

Back