1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno the powerloader to me isn't all that impressive a piece. In the end of the day its just a cargoloader in the movie so not sure why they're actually revisiting it. The first one looks pretty much the same as version 2.0. For me its just an aesthically ugly piece with those big arms and bright yellow colour. Its just boring and we've seen it all before.

I'd love HT to take a shot at the dropship or the APC Transporter. That would be impressive. I wouldn't even mind if they made it 1/12 scale like they did with the bat because I can't imagine them making a 1/6 scale apc or dropship. I wish ht would push the boat a little on the aliens franchise and make the above or revisit the colonial marines again. They were badasses.

You're kidding, right?

pl2.jpg

pl1.jpg

You be the judge.

You be the judge.
That's a poor photo of the new Power Loader for showing off fine details; have a look at the paint weathering and detail the new Loader has in this video; it's so good it could honestly stand in as a miniature in the film. The original looks like a $50 toy by comparison.

DSC00964.jpg
SDCC_2014_COVERAGE_HOT_TOYS_ALIENS_ELLEN_RIPLEY_WITH_POWER_LOADER_05.jpg

Re: Power Loader and Ripley version 2?

Woah it's wishful thinking for a 1/6 queen! If they do make one then it will be probably in line with scale of batmobile etc. I would get it though! My holy grail is the SWS 1/6 Queen but that's never gonna be fulfilled.

Re: Power Loader and Ripley version 2?

Woah it's wishful thinking for a 1/6 queen! If they do make one then it will be probably in line with scale of batmobile etc. I would get it though! My holy grail is the SWS 1/6 Queen but that's never gonna be fulfilled.

According to Sideshow, the Batmobile is 39 inches long. Add another foot, at least, for the Queen. :lol

Astounding paint job. Really curious about those hose pegs though. Unfortunately you'd be unwise to assume HT fixed such a glaring issue with the first release.

Yep same mold, great paint app.
A customizer could get the same result with the original release.
The hoses pins Will probably break again.

Last edited:
The pegs are too thin and small, not enough surface area to let glue really hold them, especially not if you try to attach the hoses. I tried it, and all I have to show for it is shiny glue marks.

The pegs are too thin and small, not enough surface area to let glue really hold them, especially not if you try to attach the hoses. I tried it, and all I have to show for it is shiny glue marks.

better than, white marks and look like some alien ****ed on them, ugh :lol

Back