Hot Toys & Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or this might of happened during delivery :dunno

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2sObM9p9mQ"]YouTube - ‪Ace Ventura Delivery Scene‬‏[/ame]

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Man this thread gives me a headache. I am so glad my massive purge just has a couple more items then I'll probably be done as a seller. ebay has turned into the devil for sellers.

Seriously.

bigwig42.

Not the guy mentioned in this thread, but just someone I've run into who is a huge tool.

Also, soopaballz9. . . has aliases of Roger Snell, Turdo Dokan (or something like that), but I think eBay's banned him already.

So yeah, add those two people to your block lists.

eBay is such a f'ng scam, they will take the full amount out of your PayPal account to refund the buyer, but KEEP the fees they took. eBay doesn't give a FLIP about sellers anymore.

Last edited:
I've run into Roger Snell!
He's the only eBay seller that ever stiffed me. For a Medicom RAH Spiderman 3 (Red & Blue version). Paid him $89 dollars and never heard from him again. Then after about a month of ugly emails from him - his account was gone from eBay.

Last edited:
Just got this from ebay:

Hi skinwalker66676,
We're sorry there was a problem with this transaction. After reviewing the case, we made a final decision in the buyer's favor.
Details:
Decision:
This case has been decided in the buyer's favor.

Comments:
The buyer has been asked to return the item to you. Once tracking shows the item has been delivered to you, the buyer will be issued a full refund.

You can also view the details of this case in the Resolution Center.

1/6 Hot Toys Terminator T-1000 As Sarah Connor MINT
1/6 Hot Toys Terminator T-1000 As Sarah Connor MINT
Item # : 120708987195
Sale price: $127.50
Quantity: 1
Sale date: Apr-10-11 12:17:53 PDT
Buyer: collectors_stash
Case #: 5009222193
Case opened: May-20-11 14:05:39 PDT

F'n ebay. Over a month after the auction was over, they give the guys his money back. I'm so pissed off right now. Ebay does not protect sellers at all anymore. Next they will be giving refunds after 12 months have went by. GRRRRRR.

Also received this message from them just now:

Dear Jason,

Thank you for contacting eBay in regard to the Hot Toys Terminator (item # 120708987195) that you recently sold to buyer "collectors_stash". I understand that your buyer opened a case on the Resolution Center claiming that the item received was broken and has missing piece. I apologize that your transaction didn't go smoothly as you expected. I want you to know we are here to make sure this case is resolved as quickly as possible.

First of all, please accept my sincere apology for not being able to respond to your email sooner. We have been experiencing a higher than anticipated volume of emails at this time and we are working diligently to respond to every member with the quality they deserve.

Mocving forward, I've personally reviewed the details of your case and I gathered that you have responded to the claim informing that the item was complete and not damaged before it was shipped. However, please be informed that as we have never seen the actual item, it is difficult for us to determine exactly what condition it was sent or received in. For this reason, we have concluded that the best course of action is to get both parties involved as closely back to square one as possible. To do this we will have your customer send the item back to you for a full refund eventhough you mentioned that you don't accept returns. I hope that this does not come across incorrectly. We don't feel that your intentions were deceitful. I would like to reiterate that we have come to this decision because it is the fairest outcome for both you and your customer.

Once we have delivery confirmation that you've received the returned item, eBay will refund the buyer the cost of the item plus original shipping on your behalf. We'll seek reimbursement from your PayPal account or other reimbursement payment method on file. You will get your item back (and can relist it), and your customer will get their money back.

In this case, if the buyer fails to return the item to you 10 days after the date we have asked them to, we will be closing this case and you will no longer need to refund the buyer. If in case you have received the item and it is not on the same condition as you have sent it, you will have the option to appeal to this case.

To help you avoid a similar situation in the future, here are ways to avoid complaints that an item doesn't match the listing description:
-- Use a clear, complete, descriptive title.
-- Include the brand or artist, product name, and size in the description.
-- Imagine you're the buyer, and try to anticipate questions or concerns the buyer may have.
-- Consider the words you'd use to search for your item.

If you would like, you can check the status of the case by going to the Resolution Center:
https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com

In summary, we recommend you to contact us if in case the buyer have not returned the item within 10 days or wait for the item to arrive. We also advise you to list the item as accurately as possible to avoid situations like this in the future.

Jason, I'd also like to thank you for being such a dedicated seller and valuable member of the eBay community for more than a year now and sold 65 items for the past 12 months. We truly appreciate your cooperation and willingness to resolve this issue and I look forward to assisting you with your many future eBay transactions.

Thank you for choosing eBay!

Sincerely,
Clarice A.

eBay Customer Support

F' eBay...

Just to be a pain in their asses, I would open an appeal saying that the figure you got back was not the same one you sent or in the same condition as when you sold it as per the area highlighted in red. Tell them you were scammed.

F' eBay...

Just to be a pain in their asses, I would open an appeal saying that the figure you got back was not the same one you sent or in the same condition as when you sold it as per the area highlighted in red. Tell them you were scammed.

I think i might just do that. Let them have some stress for a change. It would be the truth, because i did send him a mint figure and the shotgun was in the box and i know he will ship it back without it. I would like 2 thank all of you who responded to my thread and thank you for all of your suggestions. I will definitely be changing how i sell items on ebay if i decide to sell anymore.

I've run into Roger Snell!
He's the only eBay seller that ever stiffed me. For a Medicom RAH Spiderman 3 (Red & Blue version). Paid him $89 dollars and never heard from him again. Then after about a month of ugly emails from him - his account was gone from eBay.

He got lit up on the eBay forums. People tracked him down, found him on some ICP merch trading website, the forum admin of THAT forum banned him, people started trading information. I think the police have taken over by now.

Do you remember what his eBay username was?? I've figured he has multiple accounts. He's CDTODD on that other message board, they found his YouTube channel, and totally found him out, he's got some fake record label or something called Soopa Ballin (hence soopaballz) Pretty funny stuff. Funny as in "Makes me want to punch him in the face"

Is there a way for sellers to protect ourselves from eBay buyer scammers? I'm afraid that if I was to sell some of my figs I would get stiffed by people swapping or taking out parts. What about taking pictures or a video of the item being packaged?

Hey dude I was checking out this thread and yeah sure enough that guy Collectors_Stash Hit my brother too. My bro sold him some sweet Hot Toys T-600 and the jerk claimed they were broken filled a claim and got his money back and he sent junk back to my brother, even negatived him real jerk. He Disputed the case I would advise you to do the same. Hope all works out.

I think i might just do that. Let them have some stress for a change. It would be the truth, because i did send him a mint figure and the shotgun was in the box and i know he will ship it back without it. I would like 2 thank all of you who responded to my thread and thank you for all of your suggestions. I will definitely be changing how i sell items on ebay if i decide to sell anymore.

He got lit up on the eBay forums. People tracked him down, found him on some ICP merch trading website, the forum admin of THAT forum banned him, people started trading information. I think the police have taken over by now.

Do you remember what his eBay username was?? I've figured he has multiple accounts. He's CDTODD on that other message board, they found his YouTube channel, and totally found him out, he's got some fake record label or something called Soopa Ballin (hence soopaballz) Pretty funny stuff. Funny as in "Makes me want to punch him in the face"

This was years ago - 2004 or 2005 so I don't remember his ID, but I'm sure it's him because of the last name "Snell". I'll check my old emails to see if I still have some of the eBay exchanges with him. The guy was a piece of work.

++++++++++++++
eBay only has my purchase history going back to 2009. It was actually a Medicom Comic version "Cosmic" Spiderman RAH. But I'm sure it was Snell. You don't forget an _______. The guy was actually taunting me that there was nothing I can do about it.

Last edited:
Is it possible to disassociate your bank from your Paypal account? I know it's essentially capping your account but rather that than ebay stealing money and giving it to scumbags.

Hey dude I was checking out this thread and yeah sure enough that guy Collectors_Stash Hit my brother too. My bro sold him some sweet Hot Toys T-600 and the jerk claimed they were broken filled a claim and got his money back and he sent junk back to my brother, even negatived him real jerk. He Disputed the case I would advise you to do the same. Hope all works out.

Wow...so this guy keeps scamming people and gets away with it?

You would think that eBay would be able to check his account(s) and view all associated "claims" to see that he is a scammer.

Wow...so this guy keeps scamming people and gets away with it?

You would think that eBay would be able to check his account(s) and view all associated "claims" to see that he is a scammer.

Ebay don't care about the sellers anymore, as long as they get there seller fees there happy. I wish yahoo auctions was still going, at least when they were running we had an alternative to ebay.

yeah you guys should read some of the stuff that goes on in the ebay sellers forum it's f'n crazy. there's at least 2-3 "i got ripped off" threads starting daily over there its insane.

Update 2:

Buyer returned figure in a t-1000 cop version box missing the cigarette and stand, so i contacted ebay and filed a counter claim. They refunded my money and said the keep the figure and they would just eat the cost. Like i told them the figure was mint and now without the original box i will have to sell it loose and i'm losing money. Here is the user id again if you want to block them "collectors_stash". Thanx again for all the advice guys, helped me alot.

Wait... how are you losing money? Did they only give you back the auction fees?

But yeah ebay has gotten ridiculous. Too many ways for buyers to take advantage.

Wait... how are you losing money? Did they only give you back the auction fees?

Loosing money on the figure. Have to sell it loose because the buyer didn't include the original box back. Don't think i would get more than $75.00 for it loose. Think i might just part it out. They didn't return my auction fees.

Here is my problem. I have sold over 34 1/6 hot toys and sideshow figures on ebay and not one complaint. A couple weeks ago i sold a hot toys figure, the buyer received it and said the knee was broken. I know it was fine when i shipped it, but felt bad that it got damaged in transit so i refunded some of his money. Now to my new problem. I just sold another hot toys figure and this new buyer claims the knee is broken. I double checked this figure before i shipped it and i know there was nothing wrong with it. My question is, do hot toys body's get more fragile with age or is this a scam to get partial refunds?. Can you take the knee apart and make it look broken, get a partial refund and then put it back together?. All my auctions say "as/is, no refunds or returns" and "I am not responsible for items once they leave my possession" <------ will this cover me if they file a complaint?. Guess i will have to start putting pics of the knees in the auction to prove there fine. Any info on this would be Much appreciated. Thanx.

Paypal and ebay doesnt seem to care if you put that. I've had problems like these before, and I knew FOR SURE that they were fine when they left, but paypal said I had to refund. Bullcrap. =/

Gotta bump this up!!! I just got hit, same exact issue with the Hot Toys T-600 that I just sold!! Anyone still have the auction ID? We need to bring this up to eBay, wth!

Don't you guys think it's about time we put another section in the General Colelctibles thread on scammers, bad experience with eBay buyers/sellers? And if it does come into fruition, please provide proofs on your claim.

Back