1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, I'm loving how much more full this figure looks.

The Armory Batman, from skinny and small body to the smooth/ rounded head just didn't work for me over time, even if it did look great under certain lighting.

Dang, he does shine in those pictures.

Starting to feel tempted to grab this guy to go with InArt Joker, but I feel a bit stupid since I have the DX12, like maybe I should just grab the head and slap it onto mine.

That's a modified Medicom cowl FWIW, the Armory/DX12 would fare worse IMO
I have to admit that it looks fantastic. It looks like a 1/6th scaled head could actually fit in the cowl, unlike most of the others.

Still staying with my Armory figure, though. Perhaps like Captain Clown, a loose head sculpt will suffice as an "upgrade".

Selina looks about 6ft.

Attachments

• the-dark-knight-rises-snowing-movie-stills-1920x1080-29373.jpg
    the-dark-knight-rises-snowing-movie-stills-1920x1080-29373.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 97
“I’m what this city needs…” 🫠
View attachment 572511
I hate not knowing when photos are stock or not, I’d love to know if that bike shot is or isn’t.
The figure and pic look great, unfortunately it'll likley circulate without the reference to the fact of the neck modification.
So impressed with this fig. The ability to have the head look straight and not worry a about a camel neck is wonderful. The little mods of shortening the neck piece and pushing the chest and shoulder pads up does wonders for the aesthetics of the body. 🥹 🫠View attachment 572593
Looks great, what's the final height(to the top of the head?) with your neck mod?
How much did you take off?

Or any before / after pic of the neck peg?

Last edited:
In many ways it's like a shrunken QS001. I think the cowls are near identical but the chins seem to have shrunken a bit too much. A properly futzed QS001 still has better proportions and is IMO all around better even considering the difficulty/detail expected at each scale.

From some angles the torso on the DX19 appears to have too much depth. I'll need more futzing to see if it's just a matter of positioning the body better inside the suit. The legs are a bit thin too which I think the QS001 did a better job getting accurate.

It's still an improvement from the other DX/Armory in every way though IMO. If you ask me this is the first 1:6 TDK Batman that is pretty solid right out of the box and worth owning without any customizing.

Aside from the material texture the cape is actually really well designed. Once I have more than one I will rip one of the capes open and see if I can clone the template in a superior material.

Other than that I think the shoulders are the only issue I find with it and will start working on my own design as soon as I wrap a few other things.
Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty excited to see this in hand now!

When you say shoulders do you mean the pads or adding making the traps bigger?

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty excited to see this in hand now!

When you say shoulders do you mean the pads or adding making the traps bigger?
Shoulder pads. The traps don’t bug me much because they shouldn’t be super angled anyway IMO.

Back on topic… Mine arrived today, will take proper photos later, but I’ve got to say, even though I’ll make some tweaks this is the first 1:6 Hot Toys TDK figure I think is solid right out of the box. The shoulders and cape are the only mods I’m itching to make but the stock ones are more than adequate for the scale.

Height difference with a DX12 + Medicom Head and modded shoulders is not that much.

+ New cowl on DX12, looks pretty good IMO
HT did a good job on the upgrade. It's like the 1/4 version scaled down. The overall proportions look excellent! And that new cowl is a huge improvement. I'm now very tempted to pick up the whole figure, funds allowing.

Although that new cowl doesn't look half bad on the old DX12...

My biggest issue about the Nolan sequels is that they care more to focus on the characters around Batman rather than, well, Batman. Begins is the only one that feels to build around the Bat himself. That's why it's my favorite of the three by a long shot, plus it's score is phenomenal, far better than TDK, and certainly better than Giacchino, who I find very overrated these days.

That's where I feel The Batman succeeded, it was a Batman movie first, though which we literally (at times) explore Gotham though his eyes. It was a step towards the Arkham games on film, which is something that I am baffled hasn't been used as an explicit template for an on screen adaptation yet. It also lays the groundwork for a more complete, dual personality Bruce/Bat; he realized by the end he can do good as Bruce too, something that Bale's version never really does. He just throws money at things.

As it stands, in isolation, Affleck is the only one so far to embody the character with the best sense equity to each side of Bruce. It's such a shame that Snyder took that off the rails so hard with the killing aspect. Those promises of an Affleck film with him more or less trapped in Arkham sounded great. I still think that Affleck x Irons is one of the best interpretations of Bruce and Alfred we've had too.

I do hate that all of them can just take bullets willy nilly though. It's far more exciting see him find ways around firearms than to be a tank. Popping the rifles in the warehouse scene was always a nice touch.

But let's be honest, Batman won't kill you, he'll just saddle you up with crippling medical debt and chronic pain/disability for stealing a KitKat.
Yes it's one of the truely great movie scores, all three films are beautifully scored...just perfection.

That one scene in Begins where the camera pans across Batman standing aloft the tower building still gives me chills...

Back