1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love for a headsculpt with paint scheme to look just like this, to me it's when the makeup and everything look best.

attachment.php
Yeah. I just hope that Hot Toys knocks it out of the park once and for all for a Ledger Joker. At this point there's been numerous customs that are excellent and one you can live with forever because the likeness is so strong. I don?t feel that way about any of the HT sculpts. I'd like two sculpts ideally. I really want a straight up menacing look with the mob paint but is also versatile & and something a little more unique to a scene.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Looking back at DX11 photos, his face looks too puffy there, just doesn't really feel like Ledger. After the Bank Robber second sculpt, the QS half clean half ledger head looks like the best sculpt HT's done.

I would love for a headsculpt with paint scheme to look just like this, to me it's when the makeup and everything look best.

attachment.php

That what the DX01 was based on. An updated version would be nice.

I like the clean makeup too, but I think most people prefer the Interogation sequence makeup tho.

bvRT9mi.jpg

His hair looks shorter there for some reason. Speaking of the photo, I remember going to my local cable company in 2008 and they had that photo as a large cardboard cutout promoting the film. I've never seen it since and I wanted it so bad.

That what the DX01 was based on. An updated version would be nice.

I like the clean makeup too, but I think most people prefer the Interogation sequence makeup tho.

bvRT9mi.jpg

His hair looks shorter there for some reason.

Early days of filming. Last stuff filmed were the mob meeting and the money pyramid/upside scene.

A new Joker figure needs to have rooted hair. It's the next logical upgrade to make the figure that much better.

The numerous custom sculpts with faux hair look amazing, for the most part.

I would buy it immediately.

The thing I like about the the DX11 is the laughing headsculpt. So if they're reissuing another Ledger Joker, I'd like one with a psychotic smile. Every headsculpt, even the expensive customs, always has this boring serious look to the point it should ask itself "Why so serious?"

Re: The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

If the reason you're collecting is for the ability to say HAHA I GOT ONE YOU DON'T, probably for the best to leave, mate.

These aren't editions. They're not numbered, they don't have a 1/2000. Hot Toys also don't care about after market prices and if a new release drives it up or down, because they've already sold the item, they got their money.

Not to mention this is newly sculpted, so it's not a reissue using the same parts at all, it's a new release.

Scalpers and zealots go wah wah.

Take it easy Mussolini. Jeez, there's always some Nazi facist trying to silence people who make valid points just because they disagree with your way of thinking. Little baby throwing a tantrum boo hoo. Untwist your a$$ hairs and chill.

My favorite look is this
TastyAggravatingConure-small.gif

tumblr_nt1n3vZsMW1qlvvgxo3_500.gif

And so many expression options. It would be cool to have liking, smirking or "hit me" face. Not only neutral, or not from a scene expression.
2692931106_114a98afe6_b.jpg

My favorite look is this
TastyAggravatingConure-small.gif

tumblr_nt1n3vZsMW1qlvvgxo3_500.gif

And so many expression options. It would be cool to have liking, smirking or "hit me" face. Not only neutral, or not from a scene expression.
2692931106_114a98afe6_b.jpg

The one who shall not be named was based on that scene. It was one of the early publicity photos.
JCCW3CM.jpg
rSUU5w4.jpg

It always amazes me how different Ledger's face looks in different photos and scenes. In the interogation scene photo I posted, his face looks chiseled with a squared jawline and a small nose. Here, his face look rounder, wider, and chubby.

The thing I like about the the DX11 is the laughing headsculpt. So if they're reissuing another Ledger Joker, I'd like one with a psychotic smile. Every headsculpt, even the expensive customs, always has this boring serious look to the point it should ask itself "Why so serious?"

Yeah it's that laughing sculpt I really want to. It is the Joker after all but Hot Toys too often go for the neutral blank stare expression. I love the originally Harley for the crazy expression they gave her and the Arkham Joker to.

I disagree on the rooted only because I don’t think mass production would look as good as the customs. The custom ones can look fantastic, but better to do something good sculpted and leave option for those who want custom rooted hair. If they go rooted and it looks bad, now everyone has to pay more to make it better.

I disagree on the rooted only because I don’t think mass production would look as good as the customs. The custom ones can look fantastic, but better to do something good sculpted and leave option for those who want custom rooted hair. If they go rooted and it looks bad, now everyone has to pay more to make it better.

If the hair was straight and very long, I think it could work, but Ledger's hair wasn't that long and it was curly and greasy looking, so there's no way HT can make that look good.

You know, I bet they figured, that it was time for them to get another version of this suit out there before doing the Reeves/Pattinson Batman suit, as that will likely be the first version of the suit in an actual good movie since this Dark Knight suit, and this would probably be the last chance they get before making The Batman suits.

I disagree on the rooted only because I don?t think mass production would look as good as the customs. The custom ones can look fantastic, but better to do something good sculpted and leave option for those who want custom rooted hair. If they go rooted and it looks bad, now everyone has to pay more to make it better.

I understand but Asmus is doing something similar with their "Crown" line version of Gandalf the Grey.

I would rather loose some of the accessories for the Joker but have an amazing looking head sculpt with rooted hair, if this meant keeping prices "reasonable".

I'll be honest, I normally prefer molded hair on figures but this is one character that deserves that extra level of detailing. It is time for Hot Toys to take the 1/6 figure production up another notch.

Back