1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, this is why despite being tempted by Mando and Child and ESB, I'm just not going anywhere near those.

As for the DX19, I'm absolutely anticipating getting at the very least Begins Bats, Joker and Catwoman.

I'm unsure about Two-Face but will likely need to decide soon. Problem is I have too many upcoming preorders at the moment (Nebula, Gamora, A4 Cap, IM Mk85, 2xCap 2012, IM Mk 85BD, A4 Thor).

See, I'm soooo glad I got out of the MCU Hot Toys game. There's just too many :lol I had the entire pre-avengers line up, but once it got so massive, I just couldn't keep up, sold them all (along with other parts of my collection at the time) and haven't looked back. Star Wars is the only franchise I've come back to after selling all my original Sideshow 1/6 SW figures. TDK could be the next that I come back to.

Not gonna lie, this re-release gives me a fun tick of 2012 nostalgia, lol. Oh how time flies.
I think this is what's getting me as well. While yes Sideshow 1/6 is where I started, Hot Toys TDK is when I upped my game. It's the reason, while even with it's inaccuracies, I find myself wanting to snag up the original MMS TDK Suit Batman again from time to time. Something about having that figure again seems cool but I can't bring myself to do it b/c it's just so dated :lol

See, I'm soooo glad I got out of the MCU Hot Toys game. There's just too many :lol I had the entire pre-avengers line up, but once it got so massive, I just couldn't keep up, sold them all (along with other parts of my collection at the time) and haven't looked back. Star Wars is the only franchise I've come back to after selling all my original Sideshow 1/6 SW figures. TDK could be the next that I come back to.

The reason I'm okay jumping in is because Infinity Saga is over plus I really only want the original 6 MCU-verse Avengers so not a super massive undertaking. :) Nebula+Gamora were just too gorgeous to pass up on, though. :lol

There's just a short-term deluge right now but apart from the Black Widow white suit, there's nothing else in the pipeline that I'll be getting. I'll get 2.0 Avengers 2012 BW, Hawkeye, Hulk and Thor for sure but I don't see those happening anytime soon. I expect Hot Toys will be milking the Star Wars cow now. :lol

I'm just happy the timing for TDK re-release works pretty great for me. :D

I could keep the DX12 and use it to display the new unmasked sculpt (if it fits). The body on the DX12 isn't bad, its really just the head thats dated. This is what I'll be doing with my armory Bats.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Yeah I think the DX12/Armory figures hold up fine with current figs:

ZQpkaun.jpg

Ap72Iua.jpg

JaI5nty.jpg

I think the figure still holds up well with current figures. But that pic emphasizes just how much better the Batfleck suit was versus the Nolan designs.

Will sell out as usual- then more crying on why they missed out on this one.....

When the next wave of collectors ?miss out? on this one, they can just wait a couple more years for the DX 27 TDK Bale Batman w/ updated suit and head sculpt, now with cape backpack!

Then ironically they'll remove the cuffs on his gloves. :lol

Yeah not fond of that expression 'missed out', especially when it comes to stuff/characters/particular version of characters that's been released and rereleased over and over - which can't be said for so many other figures/characters/licenses. For existing long-standing collectors how many opportunities do you need? You didn't miss out, you passed on them.

Only new collectors can really say 'missed out' and even then....something annoys me about it, I can't put my finger on it :lol

From sideshows : 247 € without shipping and taxes, what could be the final price with shipping to Italy ?

For existing long-standing collectors how many opportunities do you need? You didn't miss out, you passed on them.

I think that someone downplays the situation a little. Let's take 1/6 TDK Suit Batman from Hot Toys as an example.

- MMS (2008)
- DX02 (2010
- DX12 (2012)
- Armory (2014)
- DX19 (2022)

So five chances to own a Hot Toys version, regardless of quality. I've been collecting Hot Toys since like 2006, so I've been a collector for every one of these. I owned the MMS and DX02 figures, and because of circumstances had to sell both.

DX12 came out when I had just gotten married to my ex and had no money for collectibles, so yes, technically I passed on getting it, but I see it as missing out because I couldn't get it. To me, I say I pass on something when I don't want it, but if I want and can't get it, I say I missed out on it. Same goes for the armory which hit during my divorce. I wasn't able to really invest in Hot Toys level collectibles until 2017/2018, and by then you're dealing with aftermarket prices and having to buy from collectors unloading them, long past getting them from a reliable retailer.

I am ordering the DX19 because I had to sell my original figures and missed out on the opportunity to get the upgraded ones that came out in between.

I know people are disappointed in this, and I get that if you already own a version that's nearly identical, but there are new collectors who weren't buying these sorts of things 6 years ago, or collectors like myself who weren't in a position to buy them at the time, and for us, this is an opportunity we didn't expect. DX15 Jack Sparrow was essentially a rehash of a prior figure and I was delighted for it because I had to sell my DX06. Hot Toys and NECA both re-release products because they know there is a market to fill with them, and selling stuff you've already invested work in lets you make more profit to put towards new, unique items. It's the Bane of collecting, a necessary evil if you want things that cost a lot to develop and put out.

I think that someone downplays the situation a little. Let's take 1/6 TDK Suit Batman from Hot Toys as an example.

- MMS (2008)
- DX02 (2010
- DX12 (2012)
- Armory (2014)
- DX19 (2022)

So five chances to own a Hot Toys version, regardless of quality. I've been collecting Hot Toys since like 2006, so I've been a collector for every one of these. I owned the MMS and DX02 figures, and because of circumstances had to sell both.

I know people are disappointed in this, and I get that if you already own a version that's nearly identical, but there are new collectors who weren't buying these sorts of things 6 years ago, or collectors like myself who weren't in a position to buy them at the time, and for us, this is an opportunity we didn't expect.
Yep. I didn't even know Hot Toys existed back in 2014. My first exposure was in 2016/17. That's when I started visiting the local comic shop and saw some HT CA3:CW figures on display. Alas, didn't have funds for HT back then.

I was super excited when this was posted and I'm thrilled I can get a TDK Bats that isn't used. I'm still hoping HT releases a new Batman Begins version as well. A re-release of Ledger Joker is in all likelihood a given so not having to pay aftermarket prices for that one would be really, really awesome. :pray:

- MMS (2008)
- DX02 (2010
- DX12 (2012)
- Armory (2014)
- DX19 (2022)

DX12 came out when I had just gotten married to my ex and had no money for collectibles, so yes, technically I passed on getting it, but I see it as missing out because I couldn't get it. To me, I say I pass on something when I don't want it, but if I want and can't get it, I say I missed out on it. Same goes for the armory which hit during my divorce. I wasn't able to really invest in Hot Toys level collectibles until 2017/2018, and by then you're dealing with aftermarket prices and having to buy from collectors unloading them, long past getting them from a reliable retailer.

I am ordering the DX19 because I had to sell my original figures and missed out on the opportunity to get the upgraded ones that came out in between.

I know people are disappointed in this, and I get that if you already own a version that's nearly identical, but there are new collectors who weren't buying these sorts of things 6 years ago, or collectors like myself who weren't in a position to buy them at the time, and for us, this is an opportunity we didn't expect. DX15 Jack Sparrow was essentially a rehash of a prior figure and I was delighted for it because I had to sell my DX06. Hot Toys and NECA both re-release products because they know there is a market to fill with them, and selling stuff you've already invested work in lets you make more profit to put towards new, unique items. It's the Bane of collecting, a necessary evil if you want things that cost a lot to develop and put out.

Your case is definitely a fair and reasonable exception to what I was talking about. I over-generalized. I myself didn't ''miss out'' on the past releases. I once owned the MMS, the DX02 and the original release of the Batpod. I sold them and then I passed on DX12, the armory release or the TDKR rerelease of the Batpod having decided that I'd no longer collect from the Nolan trilogy.

If I came across like I was begrudging that people can now get this figure and the Batpod that wasn't my intention, heck I'm giving them serious consideration again myself.

That's a really nice collection to represent the Trinity.

Lol, no Batfleck?

Thanks! Yeah these are my trinity.

Well I do have the regular JL Batman and the Tactical suit version, I just haven't opened them up as I'm content with TDK representing Batman :lol

I think the figure still holds up well with current figures. But that pic emphasizes just how much better the Batfleck suit was versus the Nolan designs.

Agreed!

I like to think all this variety is cool, a 'real world' Batman from TDK and a more comic inspired, 'fantastical' Batman from BvS/JL. Again we all have our preferences :duff

I actually find that interesting that many people owned previous versions (Bat-Pod as well) and sold them. Now they are contemplating re-buying.

Sure sometimes life gets in the way and some figures need to be sold, but I'd guess most tend to sell only if they don't like the figures.

I guess temptation or perhaps regret are powerful things.

Having the latest and greatest also isn't a bad thing I suppose.

Your case is definitely a fair and reasonable exception to what I was talking about. I over-generalized. I myself didn't ''miss out'' on the past releases. I once owned the MMS, the DX02 and the original release of the Batpod. I sold them and then I passed on DX12, the armory release or the TDKR rerelease of the Batpod having decided that I'd no longer collect from the Nolan trilogy.

If I came across like I was begrudging that people can now get this figure and the Batpod that wasn't my intention, heck I'm giving them serious consideration again myself.

It's all good, while I did pluck out one of your particular statements, my response was to the general sentiment it represents, it seems like a lot of people feel like this release is unnecessary and a waste and feel like the prior release were sufficient for collectors to have obtained a quality figure without dealing with the secondary market and I don't think everyone realizes that there are plenty of reasons why this release could be very necessary for some people.

The gate keeping with some collectors is both hilarious and sad at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's also been just in time span, 5+ years of a release of a 1/6 Nolan Batman suit, and will be 7+ years once it actually released. I mean come on, that's plenty of time. Maybe it was jammed up early on, but I don't think this release is excessive outside of it just being a new version and not really even adding much different.

Back