1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, the DX12 was my original entry into the world of Hot Toys. I remember scouring eBay daily to find a decent deal on the figure and ended up pulling the trigger on him one night when I was slightly buzzed.

Now with the DX19 coming out...hmm, should I sell the DX12? Never sold any of my 50+ Hot Toys before, so this would be venturing into new territory for me...decisions, decisions...to sell or not to sell...? :huh

I only own 2 DC figs...the rest are Marvel. My only other DC one is the DX11 Joker 2.0...does that mean I should get ready to sell that one off too...? :dunno

Hmm, the DX12 was my original entry into the world of Hot Toys. I remember scouring eBay daily to find a decent deal on the figure and ended up pulling the trigger on him one night when I was slightly buzzed.

Now with the DX19 coming out...hmm, should I sell the DX12? Never sold any of my 50+ Hot Toys before, so this would be venturing into new territory for me...decisions, decisions...to sell or not to sell...? :huh

I only own 2 DC figs...the rest are Marvel. My only other DC one is the DX11 Joker 2.0...does that mean I should get ready to sell that one off too...?
I could keep the DX12 and use it to display the new unmasked sculpt (if it fits). The body on the DX12 isn't bad, its really just the head thats dated. This is what I'll be doing with my armory Bats.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I could keep the DX12 and use it to display the new unmasked sculpt (if it fits). The body on the DX12 isn't bad, its really just the head thats dated. This is what I'll be doing with my armory Bats.

I agree, the Bale headsculpt with the DX12 is pretty awful. I remember at the time when I first received it I thought it was amazing. Oh, how the times have changed!

I dont know if hot toys can make a better figure than the DafToys+Phicen combo

As good as that combo looks, Hardy wasn't the size of Arnold Schwarzenegger (which the Phicen is modeled after). I'd prefer something more accurate to Hardy's build in the film and not some idealized version of how big Bane should be. Plus a new headsculpt with moveable eyes the way the HT Darth Maul figures work would be awesome.

I only own 2 DC figs...the rest are Marvel. My only other DC one is the DX11 Joker 2.0...does that mean I should get ready to sell that one off too...? :dunno

I feel like I'm in the same boat as you, been collecting mostly Marvel and SW for 10 years now and have never sold my Hot Toys. Some of my stuff is kinda outdated and I'm contemplating on selling the older stuff to make extra shelf space and funds on buying the newer releases.

As good as that combo looks, Hardy wasn't the size of Arnold Schwarzenegger (which the Phicen is modeled after). I'd prefer something more accurate to Hardy's build in the film and not some idealized version of how big Bane should be. Plus a new headsculpt with moveable eyes the way the HT Darth Maul figures work would be awesome.
I think Bane is a very tricky figure to select a body for, because do you try to be true to Hardy's actual size, or do you try to be accurate to how the film presented him? Bane was always shot with in a way that made him appear massive, such that it was a actually jarring when he had to physically fight with Batman and you got a look at how similar they were in size.

I own have an M35 Bane. Usually I am a stickler for accuracy, but in this case I just thought the phicen body was more "fun" and better replicated the presence Bane had in the film based on the way he was shot. Now, does it also look nothing like Tom Hardy? Yeah, and for that reason I'm still torn about it--but one thing I know for sure is that I absolutely prefer it over HT's body.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Everyone is complaining about why this is getting made and that it's another way for HT to get money etc. Seriously though I wanted this for a while not long before it was posted I thought I hope Hot toys remakes this Batman again but maybe as a Dark Knight remake and it would be a DX, that way I could finally own him and never pay those insane ebay prices. A few days later when checking FB the images were up on OSR and man I lost my ****. Lol although it's a remake of the DX12 in a way with some added bits (essentially it's meant to be from the dark knight given the sonar sculpt and younger bruce sculpt) I'm happy this is being made. Same with how HT will soon be releasing a new Baspin Luke. So I get some who are upset but at least it's good to get this guy so some who missed out or just got into HT can get him. Now if we get more characters I want a Joker 3.0 and a Bane 2.0 to add.

When the next wave of collectors “miss out” on this one, they can just wait a couple more years for the DX 27 TDK Bale Batman w/ updated suit and head sculpt, now with cape backpack!

When the next wave of collectors ?miss out? on this one, they can just wait a couple more years for the DX 27 TDK Bale Batman w/ updated suit and head sculpt, now with cape backpack!
At this point it's on who ever missed out. They might as well get it now I doubt HT can keep this license forever, strike while the iron is hot.

TBH I prefer my DX02 over my DX12, I always preferred the design of the TDK Batsuit over the TDKR one. I was lucky and got a DX02 with no leaky abs problem.

At this point it's on who ever missed out. They might as well get it now I doubt HT can keep this license forever, strike while the iron is hot.

Current collectors, sure. However, there will always be new would-be collectors who haven't discovered this hobby yet. Heck, I just started in October.

I really can’t decide if I should sell off dx12 and get this. I wish we could see more concrete improvements.

Current collectors, sure. However, there will always be new would-be collectors who haven't discovered this hobby yet. Heck, I just started in October.
True this will always happen to some degree. Thankfully you will be getting this if your a fan of the films and this version of Batman. Whoever jumps in after might still have a chance since this won't be out for another two years. The best thing is the DX12 might go down now because of this so they can get that also as an option.

True this will always happen to some degree. Thankfully you will be getting this if your a fan of the films and this version of Batman. Whoever jumps in after might still have a chance since this won't be out for another two years. The best thing is the DX12 might go down now because of this so they can get that also as an option.
Yep. I was pleasantly surprised to see a re-release this soon. Already pre-ordered mine through Alter Ego day 1.

The fact that it won't be out until 2022 gives my wallet some reprieve as well. I've got a bunch of MCU figures pre-ordered scheduled for 2021 release but nothing after that so 2022's a good year for me for Hot Toys DC (re-)releases.

I'm not going anywhere near the Star Wars rabbit hole.

Yep. I was pleasantly surprised to see a re-release this soon. Already pre-ordered mine through Alter Ego day 1.

The fact that it won't be out until 2022 gives my wallet some reprieve as well. I've got a bunch of MCU figures pre-ordered scheduled for 2021 release but nothing after that so that's a good year for me for Hot Toys DC (re-)releases.

My birthday was at the end of November so got a $25 code from Alter-Ego, ordered there, no deposit and $265 shipped. Can't beat that!

The fact that it won't be out until 2022 gives my wallet some reprieve as well. I've got a bunch of MCU figures pre-ordered scheduled for 2021 release but nothing after that so 2022's a good year for me for Hot Toys DC (re-)releases.

That's great to know you haven't sold your soul to the star wars line. Lol I have jumped on the Mandalorian Beskar figure that will (I hope) be my only HT star wars figure. I agree even though I want it now, it's fine we have time. I can save up the amount for him and the batpod while focusing on my current PO for next year. Never shoped at Alter Ego, might try it for future releases.

That's great to know you haven't sold your soul to the star wars line. Lol I have jumped on the Mandalorian Beskar figure that will (I hope) be my only HT star wars figure. I agree even though I want it now, it's fine we have time. I can save up the amount for him and the batpod while focusing on my current PO for next year. Never shoped at Alter Ego, might try it for future releases.

:lol I?m getting lost in the SW line myself after years of only collecting DC. It is so easy to just slide down the slippery slope of any franchise line and start nabbing up all the figures you can think of.

Like I know if I were to buy this guy, I wouldn?t be able to stop at just the DX19, I?d then have to get the newest TwoFace and then hold out hope for a new Joker, Bane and even Begins Bats in 1/6

:lol I?m getting lost in the SW line myself after years of only collecting DC. It is so easy to just slide down the slippery slope of any franchise line and start nabbing up all the figures you can think of.

Like I know if I were to buy this guy, I wouldn?t be able to stop at just the DX19, I?d then have to get the newest TwoFace and then hold out hope for a new Joker, Bane and even Begins Bats in 1/6
Lol, this is why despite being tempted by Mando and Child and ESB, I'm just not going anywhere near those.

As for the DX19, I'm absolutely anticipating getting at the very least Begins Bats, Joker and Catwoman.

I'm unsure about Two-Face but will likely need to decide soon. Problem is I have too many upcoming preorders at the moment (Nebula, Gamora, A4 Cap, IM Mk85, 2xCap 2012, IM Mk 85BD, A4 Thor).

Back