Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just unboxed this figure and wow am I really blown away.

Only nit is when you?re changing the gloves, the gauntlets/sleeves have pleather which after one switch has a small rip.

Quick iPhone shot to add. Fist time w pers so getting used to this. Only had 20 minutes and will futz more this weekend. Regret waiting on this but we?ll worth every penny.

696394bdb0e783d5aee73cc0e67de3db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone was trying to compare accuracy of the lightsaber between the Sideshow version and the Hot Toys, here is a screen used Maul and vader saber i took the photo of in person to compare with.

Hmm... my sideshow waitlist converted for dx16. But contemplating , should I get darth vader esb, or darth maul...can't afford both right now.

Hmm... my sideshow waitlist converted for dx16. But contemplating , should I get darth vader esb, or darth maul...can't afford both right now.

I'd say Vader, Vader is likely going to be more expensive and harder to find down the line. I wish my WL would convert for ESB Vader or Boba.

I'd go with Maul simply because there's many Hot Toys Vaders and Sideshow. There is the Sideshow Maul but it doesn't have all the features of the Hot Toys.

I would definitely go with ESB Vader. You can get Maul through other vendors for comparative pricing (I purchased through Zavvi and it ended up cheaper than SS), where Vader is harder to fund for under $400

I say Maul, and theres other options on Vader. If you really want ESB Vader go with what character you like more. I personally like the sideshow deluxe version. He makes a good representation of Legends Vader. And I'm happy with ANH Vader from the movies.

I still haven't replaced my SS ESB Vader with a Hot Toys one.
I got DX17 yesterday. Will open it this weekend.

Both awesome figures, happy I splurged for both. It's a tough choice figure wise, Maul is a very well done DX package but really, besides maybe Luke himself how much more Star Wars can you get besides Vader in his ESB incarnation? In that movie Vader became Star Wars. It's by far the best 1:6 Vader figure out there too imo, after I got it I've ended up selling my old SS Deluxe and the other two hot toys ones I had before, R1 and the one who came with Tarkin. The engineering and details on the ESB one is just a step up.

Finally , what magnet do you use for the long neck? 8*3 mm or 4*2mm ?
If you have pics to compare.. thanks

Envoy? de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

So this. I have him and want to do the magnet neck mod but need to know what I?m needing to get to pull it off.

Great idea !!

Just looking at my boring standing pose in front oh his speeder, he needs a freshen up !!

This could be just the thing ! Thanks

Back