Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had this for over a month or so now and still yet to open the box, bought it from sideshow. Maybe this weekend I'll finally be able to crack him open.

Well sideshow did not process my dx16 order yesterday like the early processing email I had receive the other day. Maybe they were delayed in receiving the shipment.

Still nothing from KG Hobby about Maul, but received invoice for Dooku who is now on his way.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Do you guys think this one is worth getting from SS for the hologram, or to go with Timewalker/anyone else?

I have like 70 bucks on SS, but I am trying to hold out for some eventual exclusive where I really want the exclusive part... not sure how quality the hologram is

Do you guys think this one is worth getting from SS for the hologram, or to go with Timewalker/anyone else?

I have like 70 bucks on SS, but I am trying to hold out for some eventual exclusive where I really want the exclusive part... not sure how quality the hologram is

The hologram is similar to the ones that came with Obi-Wan. Hollow to allow for a light up table or something to illuminate it. I don't particularly think it's really worth it unless you have the table or someone else to use the hologram with.

Shortest yet most accurate review yet! I do find the hood is workable but definitely is the weak link in an otherwise great package. I even quite like the second sculpt which surprises me!

Yeah I agree. The second sculpt is better than I thought. Also, about the hood and robe, if you?re not careful it makes Darth Maul look like he is pregnant! :lol

fc5ce6ae87da6cc2a3941fd49f5838e8.jpg

Last edited:
Got my Deluxe DX today. Damn is that thing impressive !!

Everything from the package to the Speeder Bike to the magnificent head sculpts. So impressed. Need to spend some more time looking a bit more closely.

Have noticed changing the hands are pretty tough with that faux leather sheath that goes over the ball. Makes it that much harder to fit all together. His double saber when all assembled is also way longer than I would have expected !!

Back