Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice DarkChocobi. First photo I've seen where that Sith robe/hoodie actually looks good on him.

They need to kill downtime at the plant while they switch out Avenger molds.

Looking at how they are releasing their stuff these days, it seems like everything not Marvel is being produced on a single line of production. I think they are still being produced as we speak but the completed ones are not enough for a ship out?

Fun and lovely update. So after waiting 5 days for an answer, Daniel said they could send me a replacement box. They did so and I got it yesterday. Just one problem--they sent me the DX16 box instead of the DX17 box. Sideshow's customer service and shipping have gone way downhill in the last few years IMO. They used to pack things with styrofoam end caps and if there was a problem, it was fixed without any delay. Emails with a response time of 7 to 10 days listed or phone calls where you are on hold for 20 to 30 minutes seriously make me wonder what they are doing. Really sad.

Try getting in touch with them during normal business hours using the chat feature. Quicker response than phone with them.

Fun and lovely update. So after waiting 5 days for an answer, Daniel said they could send me a replacement box. They did so and I got it yesterday. Just one problem--they sent me the DX16 box instead of the DX17 box. Sideshow's customer service and shipping have gone way downhill in the last few years IMO. They used to pack things with styrofoam end caps and if there was a problem, it was fixed without any delay. Emails with a response time of 7 to 10 days listed or phone calls where you are on hold for 20 to 30 minutes seriously make me wonder what they are doing. Really sad.

I guess I?ve gotten lucky, I haven?t had any issues with sideshow shipping or received any damaged items or boxes. Actually the only damage on a box was from BBTS that was double boxed lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have a $25 sideshow code expiring tonight and new to decide regular dx16 or deluxe dx17. Not sure I would ever use the speeder so leaning towards the dx16.

I ended up preordering the dx16 as I figure the extra$125 can be used towards other stuff. I also received an email this morning saying my maul preorder is available for early processing on August 28th.

Both DX17 and Count Dooku shall reach me mid Sep...simultaneouslyl :monkey2, according to my local seller.

This is shipping for me soon as well.
After this, I still have krennic and bespin leia on preorder.
I still need to order yoda, qui gon, Endor luke, r2, leia and wicket, and another Endor leia. Even though the year was slow for hot toys Star Wars, it?s still going to be expensive. Oh well, my wife gets her hair colored, cut, blown out (that?s a thing?), and frozen in carbonite. It all works out.

I ordered those 2 and Yoda at Timewalker and all 3 show processing for me. Expensive month...

Unfortunately, Timewalker only has two displays: "processing" and "shipped"... so your order has been processing since you preordered it. At least that's the way Nathan explained it to me.

They were expecting their Maul shipment last week, so it is possible that it will be shipped soon... but with the holiday and all coming, I'm thinking more like next week.

Let's hope Sideshow got enough this time.

Unfortunately, Timewalker only has two displays: "processing" and "shipped"... so your order has been processing since you preordered it. At least that's the way Nathan explained it to me.

They were expecting their Maul shipment last week, so it is possible that it will be shipped soon... but with the holiday and all coming, I'm thinking more like next week.

Sideshow should have. I preordered my dx16 Monday night on payment plan and Tuesday morning I got an email saying my order is eligible for early processing on 08/28/2019. I did accept the early processing so we will see if they charge me today and ship it out.

Oh I didn't realize that, thanks. Well hopefully a little less expensive month then lol

Back