Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rewards points are nice and all but since Sideshow has quit giving a crap about how things arrive to their customers, I may start ordering mine from other retailers. The fact that this deluxe set costing $432.00 was sent in nothing more than a standard shipping box and a plastic bag is unacceptable for me when the hardshell box gets a 1 inch rip along the seam. Standard boxes, I can get over but still, it's the principle at this point. I miss the days of the styrofoam endcaps and actually caring that their product gets delivered in new condition.

Ah, the flaws are boiling to the surface. Anyone hear from Timewalker about the regular or deluxe?

Nah i was trying to be kinda funny even though everything i said was true. The figure is AWESOME, I just would rather have had the PERS system on this guy because of the horns - it's hard to get a good grasp on the head to make slight adjustments. Especially when the "tool" keeps slipping out of the socket.

It doesn't help that i have sausage fingers either.

But yeah other than that, the figure is a must own for Maul fans.

Ah, the flaws are boiling to the surface. Anyone hear from Timewalker about the regular or deluxe?

Nothing from here, ordered DX17 from them, can't wait for it!

Rewards points are nice and all but since Sideshow has quit giving a crap about how things arrive to their customers, I may start ordering mine from other retailers. The fact that this deluxe set costing $432.00 was sent in nothing more than a standard shipping box and a plastic bag is unacceptable for me when the hardshell box gets a 1 inch rip along the seam. Standard boxes, I can get over but still, it's the principle at this point. I miss the days of the styrofoam endcaps and actually caring that their product gets delivered in new condition.

Yeah, it's crap for a $400 figure. As I said above I ordered at Timewalker who double boxes. It was also a slight discount, $396 shipped. At $405 at SSC you get $20.25 in rewards on the order, so it doesn't even cover shipping. I'm in California so it'd be over $450 for me to order this with them including sales tax.

As Wor would tell it, the horns won't fall out, he never looks cross-eyed, the head doesn't sit so low on the neck, and you no longer see the paint grooves for the pattern on his face. The 2nd batch is perfection. :lol

Nah i was trying to be kinda funny even though everything i said was true. The figure is AWESOME, I just would rather have had the PERS system on this guy because of the horns - it's hard to get a good grasp on the head to make slight adjustments. Especially when the "tool" keeps slipping out of the socket.

It doesn't help that i have sausage fingers either.

But yeah other than that, the figure is a must own for Maul fans.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I'll hire a child to handle the PERS for me.

I have an off topic question for people.

I have some sideshow joes, and 2 of them that have white outfits have developed some small, faint brown stains. They're in a detolf, but it still gets dusty in there. Could it be from dust? And what would be a good way to clean?

I’m honestly not really sure what everyone is mad over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anybody have the Sidehow Padawan Obi-wan . I would to see some cool pictures of both of them together .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48535897701_ed420be08f_h.jpg

Darth Spider

Don?t give them ideas! Great, now they will release darth spider, battle damage darth spider, mechanical legs darth spider, dx darth spider, punk darth spider, taking a dump darth spider...

All before esb han and lando.

Really wish they would have figured out a way to engineer some ankle articulation into this figure. No Maul figure has ever had that in 1/6 scale, to my knowledge.

Um, this does have ankle articulation... The foot is separate from the boot, but the connected design of the two parts limits the range of motion. It's not enough for super acrobatic poses, but it's enough to stabilize many wide-stance poses.

A candidate for the figure of the year. The head sculpt is great though admittedly not perfect, but love the accessories and the speeder. So many poses one can do. Wish I had the funds for another.

Someone was complaining about the PERS. I didn't mind those so much. But I tried to change the hand and the inner glove came off and after 30 minutes I closed the box because I was late to get my son. Super annoying but gotta love these Hots Toys quirks.

Back