Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have SS Maul 2.0, no need to upgrade. If you don't have one, get hot toys version.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

If you have SS Maul 2.0, no need to upgrade. If you don't have one, get hot toys version.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Both have pros and cons but overall the HT is a much better offering vs. price point. I have two SS v2 and will have DX16 and 17.

Also have DX18 on order.

Both have pros and cons but overall the HT is a much better offering vs. price point. I have two SS v2 and will have DX16 and 17.

Also have DX18 on order.

Yeah I’m honestly thinking about selling my SS Maul. Just got the DX 17 yesterday and love it. And super pumped for DX 18.

And super pumped for DX 18.

As a figure I like the Sideshow 2.0 because he looks more like Ray Park than the DX16/17, but for me it's been made redundant by the DX18.

If I'd suspected HT would make metal-legged Maul I wouldn't have bought the SS 2.0, and I only bought the SS 2.0 because HT was making the DX16/17.

Metal legs puts Maul into the period where I want him, which means younger, slimmer, anatomically complete Maul no longer fits at all.

I'll be dragging Dooku into the classic period (PT be damned!), but unless Younger Maul meets Metal Legs Maul via time travel the SS is going to have to be segregated in the collection.

SSC marks down the price? Isn't that technically illegal? I'm shocked they would do that.

Although maybe not, when I was at their booth someone was trying to buy something sold out, the couple was from the UK, and the SSC guy was telling them to buy the Sith Trooper and sell it in the UK to make some money since no one has it there yet. Just seems like an odd thing to suggest to your customers.

heck no, it’s definitely not illegal to mark the price down. Would be weird if they’ mark a different price than what you bought it for.

heck no, it’s definitely not illegal to mark the price down. Would be weird if they’ mark a different price than what you bought it for.

Yes, it's law here that you're only liable for tax on the amount you actually pay.

There was time (a couple of years ago?) when Sideshow was neglecting to put the discounted price on the customs declaration. So you'd get the VAT and Duty charged on the full retail value, then have to fight FedEx for a refund.

Sideshow claimed they were required to put the full retail value down, but they eventually changed their tune.

Not as good as the time they were sending items from Hong Kong and declaring the value in HK$ so you only paid a little bit of tax if any. R5-D4 was so cheap that he was actually tax free. Sideshow unfortunately discovered and rectified that error, and I chose to go back to using FedEx from the US.

Got mine yesterday, AMAZING figure in-hand
d13c85268f6d2960ba4eae2af73076ba.jpg
212a71ddb0b23fdeaafc3e800ccda2e6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Looks funny. Like he's just standing there yelling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Yeah I’m honestly thinking about selling my SS Maul. Just got the DX 17 yesterday and love it. And super pumped for DX 18.
I sold my Sideshow Maul as soon as the Hot Toys version was announced.. no regrets

Looks funny. Like he's just standing there yelling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
Interesting.. in-hand, I dont get the yelling vibe. More of a grimacing look.

Definitely need the blow dryer to swap hands though.

The reason for all the smooth skin and shinyness is peoples phones. The default cameras on all phones present a distorted view of what is actually real with peoples faces and smoothes things out. It's all lies to make you feel better about yourself.

Read this for more info:
No, You Don’t Really Look Like That
A guide to the new reality-melting technology in your phone’s camera
https://www.theatlantic.com/technol...hone-selfies-dont-look-like-your-face/578353/

Anyways, this figure looks incredible regardless - I cannot wait!

I don't follow, isn't marking a different price that what you paid marking down the price?

Yes, it's law here that you're only liable for tax on the amount you actually pay.

There was time (a couple of years ago?) when Sideshow was neglecting to put the discounted price on the customs declaration. So you'd get the VAT and Duty charged on the full retail value, then have to fight FedEx for a refund.

Sideshow claimed they were required to put the full retail value down, but they eventually changed their tune.

Not as good as the time they were sending items from Hong Kong and declaring the value in HK$ so you only paid a little bit of tax if any. R5-D4 was so cheap that he was actually tax free. Sideshow unfortunately discovered and rectified that error, and I chose to go back to using FedEx from the US.

What is the "discounted" price you guys are referring to? Are you getting a % off the MSRP? I'm in the US so it doesn't bother me, but on these boards and others I've always heard of people asking asian sellers to mark the items at like $10 instead of $300 so they don't have to pay customs. It sounded like that's what the guy was saying SSC was doing for him.

What is the "discounted" price you guys are referring to? Are you getting a % off the MSRP? I'm in the US so it doesn't bother me, but on these boards and others I've always heard of people asking asian sellers to mark the items at like $10 instead of $300 so they don't have to pay customs. It sounded like that's what the guy was saying SSC was doing for him.

It's the price after using coupons or reward points. You're only liable for tax and duty on the cash amount you pay for the item plus the shipping cost.

I was referring to the pose. I know what it looks like in hand. Just amused by how it looks in the picture. :rotfl

I was referring to the pose. I know what it looks like in hand. Just amused by how it looks in the picture. :rotfl
My bad, I just saw your post with the figure in hand. Your pose is wayyy more dynamic.... especially because you bent the knees.... ROTFL. You killed it...[emoji2357]

My saying was SSC shows what I paid for. On the contrary, BBTS shows full price despite you use coupon. To make it clear
I bought Palpatine from BBTS with 150USD BBTS credit. I paid 75USD or something. The invoice was for 225 USD and paid customs for that amount
I bought Patrol Trooper from SSC with 50USD discount, paid 160USD. SSC stated both full price and paid price. I pased customs for discounted price.
There is nothing like I paid 200 and SSC marked 10.

My saying was SSC shows what I paid for. On the contrary, BBTS shows full price despite you use coupon. To make it clear
I bought Palpatine from BBTS with 150USD BBTS credit. I paid 75USD or something. The invoice was for 225 USD and paid customs for that amount
I bought Patrol Trooper from SSC with 50USD discount, paid 160USD. SSC stated both full price and paid price. I pased customs for discounted price.
There is nothing like I paid 200 and SSC marked 10.

Ok, that makes a lot more sense thanks. I guess I don't typically have many discounts at either so I didn't think of those as discounted price.

Curious if anyone know if Alter Ego Comics receives their shipments the same time as BBTS. I have placed a first time order with Alter Ego but might cancel since its back with BBTS (company I deal with for online orders)

Curious if anyone know if Alter Ego Comics receives their shipments the same time as BBTS. I have placed a first time order with Alter Ego but might cancel since its back with BBTS (company I deal with for online orders)

Lately they often seem to get them before BBTS, not sure if Sideshow mixes it up in terms of who gets what first

Back