Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fix it for you, such a stunning figure. Btw, do think Count Dooku will fit into the same Detolf with Maul + speederbike ? It seems a little bit clustered there.
99FF9E43-7FF0-4322-A5A0-2BB2124C7C01.jpg

Attachments

• 99FF9E43-7FF0-4322-A5A0-2BB2124C7C01.jpg
    99FF9E43-7FF0-4322-A5A0-2BB2124C7C01.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 298
I didn't even think of it before, is the only stand for the speeder the large base stand itself?

And back to neck talk, the Mark IV is the only Iron Man I have, and I love that it's got an painted/sculpted neck piece that is separate from the head. I don't know why all figures just aren't like that.

Fix it for you, such a stunning figure. Btw, do think Count Dooku will fit into the same Detolf with Maul + speederbike ? It seems a little bit clustered there.
View attachment 459378
Tbh I don’t think another figure would fit. I plan to replace my Hasbro dooku - who you can just see below with the new one. He sits with ventress and jango

It’s nit quite as cluttered as the pic suggests - the picture is a bit foreshortened
The stand is the only stand got the speeder.
image.jpg

HT should include a standard base for DX figures. Interestingly, the large base is for the speeder, but they used same base for DX16. A smaller base would be better for those that don't need speeder.

Yeah I'm probably going to ditch mine, as I already have one of those larger bases with Neo and it just takes up way too much damn space. Plus it's kind of an ugly design anyway.

Think I might just pick up one of these instead.

Screenshot_20190701-133543_eBay~01~01.jpg

Just got an email from Sideshow saying early delivery in July/August, duh. Dammit when I got the email I thought it was a charge and ship notice.

My goodness... now between July-Aug I have Maul DX, Yoda, Dooku and Bespin Leia.... my wallets going to HURT this summer! Not that I’m not excited to get Maul early, but I was kinda happy I had some time between him and the other three.

Boy, the back-n-forth over this highly anticipated release from HT is as intense as the HT vs. SSC Jedi Luke discussions, maybe more so.

After venturing through the discussions in here, looking at the many video reviews and comparisons with SSC v2, I have decided to keep my order for the DX16.

Am I blown away by what I've seen so far? Not really. Yes, it looks like another well-crafted figure from HT but as with many other releases from them lately, there are some issues that one would hope not to see with such a prestigious line as the DX series. The bulky body (looking more like the older Maul seen in SOLO), the no-neck, the over-ripe strawberry red face paint (and those etched in lines for the painters to follow-WTF) take away from what could be a perfect release.

There are many pros on this one to be sure...the sharp detailing, the exquisite tailoring (except for that robe - what is it with this company with capes and robes? More often a stumble than not), the well-rendered accessories. The PERS system upgrade looks promising. Hopefully we won't be finding any tech problems down the line. Fortunately this character's dark, bold features lend themselves well to it and don't have that "sunken eyes" look some flesh-colored faces featured with the PERS. I wish they had gone the route with the "plugs" for alternate eyes like the tactical suit Batman did. I find those work really well and there are no moving parts involved , always a good thing.

I HATE the oversized stand and the lack of a crotch-grabber. There is no reason for HT NOT to be offering BOTH the dynamic goose-neck option along with the standard support.

As for the ongoing comparison discussion, it's just another case of the two figures (HT and SSC) looking like two different people. I find the SSC version looks more like Park from TPM. I have that figure and find it to be one of SSC's better efforts over the last few years. It's a great figure. The HT one more closely resembles the older, fuller-faced Maul from SOLO...a little odd to say the least. It's a well rendered sculpt...just different.

As I mentioned, I do have the DX16 on order and am looking forward to getting it. I'm also enjoying following the discussion in here along with (hopefully) many images of the HT figure when it really starts hitting everywhere....

As always,I look forward to your pics Jedibear!
Some nice too and throw with your thoughts there as well.

So just curious for those that have the DX set if a full Detolf Trampled Sand style shelf with a mounting hole for the speeder, droid, and Maul would be of interest. Or would separate stands be better for this?

So just curious for those that have the DX set if a full Detolf Trampled Sand style shelf with a mounting hole for the speeder, droid, and Maul would be of interest. Or would separate stands be better for this?

Full shelf would be sick! You know I’ve been waiting for that one. This would be the perfect figure.

I would prefer separate, as the speeder could go in the back of the detolf.

Haha you knew you'd get both answers there Coco [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full shelf would be sick! You know I’ve been waiting for that one. This would be the perfect figure.

:rock I think the set lends itself to it. Kinda like the Emperor and his guards did.

Only thing with full shelf floor-stands is that it really cuts the light to the figures below. It's ideal for a bottom shelf though.

I haven’t lit mine yet but I thought everyone lights each shelf individually instead on relying on light bleed for lower shelves.

I would prefer separate, as the speeder could go in the back of the detolf.

It would allow for more variety of display for sure.

Haha you knew you'd get both answers there Coco [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol

Back