Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oof, that photo. And from a Sith Lord[emoji2960]. Sucks about the peg. I assume they give extras. I think all my DXs have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really on the fence about this one. Maul's always been a favorite, I think the figure looks absolutely great and I'd love to have the Sith Speeder version, but for some reason I can't bring myself to ordering this guy. The money isn't even a problem in this case... I just can't put my finger on it :dunno

Put your finger on... "Order"

Just kidding. If you can't, there must be a reason. I did the same thing with Dr Strange.

:lol Yeah, I should probably just do that and be done with it. Seriously though, I'll see if I can find out what's keeping me from ordering it. Would hate to have regrets down the line about not getting this one for some silly reason.

I don't see them making another Maul anytime soon.

Oof, that photo. And from a Sith Lord[emoji2960]. Sucks about the peg. I assume they give extras. I think all my DXs have.

Came with two spare pegs

Figure is awesome. Really.
The speeder is nice. But not sure I would have got it if I had seen it first

:lol Yeah, I should probably just do that and be done with it. Seriously though, I'll see if I can find out what's keeping me from ordering it. Would hate to have regrets down the line about not getting this one for some silly reason.

I don't see them making another Maul anytime soon.

Don't think you'd regret getting it if he's one of your favorites. It's a great looking release - actually, I don't think anyone can go wrong with this one.

Except the damn wait...

I can’t wait for this to ship.
My wife came home from work and launched into a 45 minute monologue about her day (it could have been 45 hours) and the whole time I nodded and pretended to listen while i thought about the ht maul. Where will I put him?
What pose?
Which shelf?
Do I need another detolf?
Will qui gon fit in the same detolf?
And just about the figure In general, which I think looks great.
Thanks ht maul.

Ha!
Best.post.in a longtime.
I can totally relate.

I watched the episode 1 duel last night. Yikes! The ss really looks more like maul. I never thought I’d say that and I do like the ht version, but the ss sculpt seems closer. The ht is the better overall value and will look awesome on the shelf. I may pick up a ss cheaply if I can, and if I can see the paint apps beforehand. Hopefully the ss price will plummet once ht ships to the states.

I watched the episode 1 duel last night. Yikes! The ss really looks more like maul. I never thought I’d say that and I do like the ht version, but the ss sculpt seems closer. The ht is the better overall value and will look awesome on the shelf. I may pick up a ss cheaply if I can, and if I can see the paint apps beforehand. Hopefully the ss price will plummet once ht ships to the states.

I think you should try and get one now. When people start realizing that the SSC version has the better sculpt the price will go back up.
I think that a lot of collectors, including myself, will end up having both. The HT cloaked on the speeder and the ss in the duel outfit and exposed sculpt. If you have the funds and the interest in the character I think that’s the way to go.
We’ll see.
And to those that think the ss version isn’t menacing:
14d67be94cadf99ceb85116d0ec87b96.jpg

The sideshow version is the way to go it really does have a better look than the hot toys alternative. I have both and as great as the hot toys one is, I still prefer the sideshow one.

I would have a hard time if I already have the SS version.

If Maul wasn’t my most favorite Star Wars character, I probably wouldn’t even be tempted by the HT, being that I already have one of the good Sideshow 2.0 figures, but a nice Maul is always tempting to me, there are some things that look better, especially seeing them side by side, especially the outfit, and the body would be a big upgrade, but ultimately not worth the whole package. I do wish my Sideshow body weren’t so loose, I can get it in poses and stay, but it takes more effort than with a TT body.

They should change the name of this forum to....

Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder but SSV2 HS is better IMO

Looking forward to receiving my HT Maul when it arrives

I got the Sideshow 2.0 the other day for $185 shipped, and the head sculpt is fantastic. I plan on getting the HT version at some point, but this will do for now:
1450f802ca5b2a4096117f96fb0aa6b7.jpg
e703aa1b7052f7fb5b61abc1235bc794.jpg
6bdec57853e4dd286d21635704379c01.jpg
029f5d46aab2f0215acf9467d9bfea60.jpg
cb03871d681dc45301d2d1f78fb86f6a.jpg
8cd5b5a4cd27275042c152177452e83f.jpg
3b78ad0775a694fffedb04805b47e009.jpg
cf1ab38d929522cf2e84f6194a7d12d8.jpg

When people start realizing that the SSC version has the better sculpt the price will go back up.

This is very true. Best price is likely right now.

Unless of course, as more and more people get the HT in hand, the majority of opinions starts to swing toward HT being superior. There's a lot of EU collectors out there who will love that screaming Maul head.

They should change the name of this forum to....

Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder but SSV2 HS is better IMO

Looking forward to receiving my HT Maul when it arrives

I know what you mean. But as you are quite aware of this forum deals with criticism and quality - also relative to other figures. And when we for once have two great figures to choose from I find it a very relevant discussion. Especially the opinions of people who own both are interesting.

Back