Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One things for sure, we don’t have to worry about any crooked blades with the HT. My sideshow had a wonky lightsaber.

PERS makes the difference for me on sculpts. Even if sideshow has an edge, that makes up for it. So many more posing options and the dynamic stand.

Yeah, mine too. I ended up using V1’s because it was straighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up the SS V2. When parts become available will pick up HT outfit and sabre+sabre effects. I must say I prefer most aspects of the SS hs over Hoy Toys (red color, hs proportions, expression....looks like R. Park-- the exception the Pers option of the HTs.

**thank you I am Toys for your side-by-side comparison! Your review make me rush out to pick up the SS! :rotfl

Last edited:
Wow - that side by side is very telling.

The HT must be really short, because the SSC is tiny in-hand compared with the other 1/6's. I know Ray Park is short, but the SSC feels very small.

And the HT does look too chubby overall.

Still looking forward to getting the HT though :)

Thanks for all the pics and advice guys. I decided to just go with the version without Sith speeder.
I don't really see myself ever displaying him with it.

This first batch will only go to a few people. The rest will be waiting until December. Like you and me.

Oh well..

Yeah, I ordered it. I was gonna stay away from Starwars but this was way too cool. Darth Maul is my favorite character. Bought the Speeder version. How could you not want that thing? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be picking up both figures.

giphy.gif

uio8Cxf.gif

:dunno

Peeps say it will just sit in the closet... with the other half of their collection.

I’m just gonna have him sitting on the bike turned and screaming. [emoji23]It’s gonna be hilarious. People that come buy are gonna trip out.

This figure is kind of a caricature of maul a bit but I love it. Lol.

Darth Maul in that French guy's review clip looks perfectly fine, at least to me, and that fat undersuit seems not that bad. I will display him cloaked anyway.

I just watched the I am toys review and it looks like the speeder peg is pure junk. Has anyone seen any other reviews where the speeder peg/stand post is actually snug and secure? I would be worried to leave him posed on the speeder when the peg/post is that loose.

I just watched the I am toys review and it looks like the speeder peg is pure junk. Has anyone seen any other reviews where the speeder peg/stand post is actually snug and secure? I would be worried to leave him posed on the speeder when the peg/post is that loose.

I think its fine, speeder bike part started at 29:00.

Well, he had a one-note idea (Anakin's turn to the dark side) which he decided to stretch into 3 sequels. That's the real problem to start. If all his ideas were condensed into one big movie for the PT, it might have forced him to be more economical and a lot of the bad dialogue would have disappeared.

Now this forced "trilogy" habit has become a real disservice to the Star Wars galaxy. The one-offs fair much better as expected.

The prequel trilogy is actually quite good when you watch them as 1 long film and trim the worst/most hated scenes.

I think the Sideshow Maul may actually be superior here. I think the tailoring us good and the head sculpt cannot be beat. Hot Toys still has far better accessories.

Back