Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my shelves have every iteration of Jack ....

giphy.gif

Even diaper Jack there?

I wasn’t keen to go balls out on getting a new version of a decent figure especially when I read that parts of the old one, like the hat was better. Aside from the crappy little cardboard thing it attached to, I also loved the wheel from 06.

But I’ll admit had I seen this thing at my local comic shop like everything else at the damn time I was supposed to months ago I’d have just bought the new thing out of laziness and morbid curiosity.

So in the end while I still had to pay over 120 dollars for the head/faces coat and boots and think I want to replace the brown belt also, hot toys lost a lot of money off of me due to this bizarre release issue

I wasn’t keen to go balls out on getting a new version of a decent figure especially when I read that parts of the old one, like the hat was better. Aside from the crappy little cardboard thing it attached to, I also loved the wheel from 06.

But I’ll admit had I seen this thing at my local comic shop like everything else at the damn time I was supposed to months ago I’d have just bought the new thing out of laziness and morbid curiosity.

So in the end while I still had to pay over 120 dollars for the head/faces coat and boots and think I want to replace the brown belt also, hot toys lost a lot of money off of me due to this bizarre release issue

The belts are much improved on this - and the hands are different too.

Outside of Curse, he doesn't really wear it much at all in any movies. DMC he loses it early on, same thing in OST. AWE is probably 2nd most to Curse, maybe equal, and DMTNT isn't as much as Curse or AWE, but more than DMC and OST. It's certainly not pivotal, though to me I prefer the look with it.

I have my DX06 without coat and hat at the moment. He looks like a gypsy but its the best way to see all the details in the outfit.

DX15 will have coat and hat look -- with the DX06 hat of course.

I like his coat a lot, but to me hes most flamboyant and 'Jack' without it, exposing his blouse shirt and all his trinkets, hat on or off works well. A great character well acted by Johnny :clap

Jesus, this is definitely in the top 5 Hot Toys for me. So happy his boots are fabric, everything is really well done. Question regarding his facial hair, though. On the right side of his chin/beard there's a brown textureless patch, it's on both his faces, is it supposed to be there?

Also, probably a stupid question, I don't quite understand how the accessories are attached to his belt etc. I'm hoping I don't need to tie them on because I'm hopeless.

Jesus, this is definitely in the top 5 Hot Toys for me. So happy his boots are fabric, everything is really well done. Question regarding his facial hair, though. On the right side of his chin/beard there's a brown textureless patch, it's on both his faces, is it supposed to be there?

This one? Yep.

02.jpg

Back