Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about buying a hot toys figure from sideshow collectables, does anyone know how much shipping would be to the UK? I know i'm posting in the wrong thread, sorry.

I was thinking about buying a hot toys figure from sideshow collectables, does anyone know how much shipping would be to the UK? I know i'm posting in the wrong thread, sorry.

You will be charged import fees when it lands. I've looked on Sideshow and the price for Jack is £194. I don't know the postage price so let's assume £20. That's £214. Import fees are 20% of the total price which is £42.80. Then Parcel force charge a service fee of about £13. So the total is £269.

And it will sit in customs for about two weeks before you get it.

You will be charged import fees when it lands. I've looked on Sideshow and the price for Jack is £194. I don't know the postage price so let's assume £20. That's £214. Import fees are 20% of the total price which is £42.80. Then Parcel force charge a service fee of about £13. So the total is £269.

£270 is about the going rate though, so not a bad option.

I’m not from the uk but it shouldn’t have to be in customs for 2 weeks. I got a mail that it arrived in customs and was presented an option to pay online. Doing that made it leave custom the same day.

I’m not from the UK but it shouldn’t have to be in customs for 2 weeks. I got a mail that it arrived in customs and was presented an option to pay online. Doing that made it leave custom the same day.

As far as the UK is concerned, your parcel will actually clear customs immediately. It will then sit with ParcelForce until you pay them the customs charge plus their handling fee. The £13 "handling fee" you pay to ParcelForce is for all the hard work and effort they take to pay the customs charge to UK customs on your behalf!! #Rip-off Britain :rotfl

£270 is about the going rate though, so not a bad option.

Good lord. I didn't pay anything that high.

I’m not from the uk but it shouldn’t have to be in customs for 2 weeks. I got a mail that it arrived in customs and was presented an option to pay online. Doing that made it leave custom the same day.

I agree - it shouldn't be there for two weeks. But in the UK they don't care. I've had stuff in customs for ages.

I paid £254.95 inc delivery, so about £240 for Jack. Seeing how good he looks in videos, pics & with the awesome base, hes worth it to me. He should arrive in my port tomorrow :yess:

I had to pay £50 to UK from Sideshow recently for an order...
Not sure if it's a going rate.

I do remember once working out how much it was going to cost to buy direct from Sideshow to the UK and it was either more expensive or the same, otherwise i would have done it myself.

Im pretty sure Import Duties are for the Item & Postage combined, i cant imagine Sideshow marking items as a "Gift" although i was once advised by Royal Mail staff to ask senders to do that to get around Duty and "Handling fees". The Royal Mail suggesting smuggling like Pirates, whatever next :rotfl

tumblr_llm1hg1dLk1qc14q0.jpg

Shipping to the Netherlands turned out to be about €20 more expensive than a local supplier of you add up duties and taxes. But you’ll have to wait a month or more before it arrives at your doorstep...
But reading that quite a few are still waiting getting their shipment from a “middleman” It’s not so bad ordering from sideshow directly.

Shipping from BBTS to Croatia is 45 $. Then we got 25% VAT + some customs fees. I dont want even think about final price.
But it is Jack Sparrow. Captain!
I can smell in the air he will be next week on boat across the big pond.
Rum is awaiting you Captain!

Jack has arrived in port!!! :yess: While the outside box was ok, the HT shipper and main pretty box had took a whack on one corner so i was like "oh bugger" but all was well inside, Jacks a keeper anyways so im not too bothered about the damage.

First impressions are, wow what a figure! Love the details and the base/cannon/shark is bigger than i thought too! His serious face is a lil too serious front on, but at angles will work well, but i love his smirking face. The Pelt is not oversized on mine. All the belt add ons look sooo good.

The hat texture/paint looks great and wasnt saggy, but did look a lil large especially out front. Be interesting to see aftermarket alternatives.

Overall though im super happy with him.

Back