Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the shape and look of Jack’s hat varied throughout the franchise, it’s a fairly consistent look that only sculpted hats have really achieved.
That’s mostly true.

The previous Jack figure did not feature a sculpted hat though and it’s from a now six year old figure. I’m not sure what their goal was with the new one and if it being of a pleather material has anything to do with how it ended up looking, but I’m going to wager a guess that it doesn’t.

I applaud trying pleather material for the hat, but before we ever saw anything, they should have looked at the real hat and realized the faux ones are misshapen and too large and opted for a sculpted hat with detailed paint.

The size makes me think of this.

Turd_Ferguson_SNL_Celebrity_Jeopardy.jpg.CROP.promo-large.jpg

:lol

I think they just eventually said **** it and decided they got it as close as they could get it, based on production standards.

I applaud trying pleather material for the hat, but before we ever saw anything, they should have looked at the real hat and realized the faux ones are misshapen and too large and opted for a sculpted hat with detailed paint.

The size makes me think of this.

Turd_Ferguson_SNL_Celebrity_Jeopardy.jpg.CROP.promo-large.jpg

:wave

The DX06 is close, until someone gets around to it. I’m sure the demand will spike soon.

With how much better this figure looks than the DX06 I am sure that secondary prices on the 06 will be slipping and people may realize that they should just go ahead and start selling their DX06 hats alone if the figures are not moving...

I imagine that any opened figures will become subjected to parting out on the secondary market, yeah.

The headsculpt on this is certainly better. The rest of the figure might be personal preference, I guess. If I already owned the DX06... I honestly don’t think I’d have gotten this though.

Jack in the house, fresh out of the box! (still with plastic wraps, lol) Please excuse the quick cell phone pics. Really amazing looking figure, stunning likeness in hand.

20180325_193933_1522021326448_resized.jpg

20180325_194117_1522021327771_resized.jpg

I’m waiting for my four day weekend that’s coming up to really dig into this figure but I opened it briefly today and man oh man, this is something special. I got into the game too late to have any other DX figures so this makes quite the impression. Excited to get him all set up and take some fun pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, DX15 next to Angelica looks like Johnny Depp standing next to a wax statue, really shows off the extra realism of DX15.

I just subbed to you earlier today, after seeing your MGSV and Dante reviews. Always nice to sub to fellow board members! :clap

Fully agree with everything stated too. We need a Barbosa. They nailed Jack. If they feel so inclined, they can throw in a proper hat with Barbosa. Otherwise, this is the definitive Jack Sparrow.

I just subbed to you earlier today, after seeing your MGSV and Dante reviews. Always nice to sub to fellow board members! :clap

Fully agree with everything stated too. We need a Barbosa. They nailed Jack. If they feel so inclined, they can throw in a proper hat with Barbosa. Otherwise, this is the definitive Jack Sparrow.

:hi5:

Thanks for the sub darth!

I rewatched the films, and no joke man, barbossa is a necessity. HT need to chill with their h@rd on for depp. It's no fun displaying him by himself.

Wow this is literally the best Jack Sparrow review I've ever seen! I'm totally agree with your opinion. We definitely need other pirates like Barbossa or new Davy Jones.

Dude's on waitlist. I'm glad to see HT selling out again, they must have adjusted their distribution stock the past year.

Back