Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I told myself I wouldn't get Jack Sparrow because I have spent too much on other figures already, then read through some pages in this thread and now have it on pre-order from eBay seller wzlucky1983.
I haven't received my Homecoming Tech Spider-Man suit from him yet either.

No exaggeration here, I’m about 60 figures in and this one made my jaw dropped to the floor, I’m impressed to the point that i didn’t even want to pull him out to pose him and display him, I took a pic and boxed him right back up...need time to absorb and dedicate a couple of hours to it....INCREDIBLE FIGURE.

Attachments

• DCEA9C00-5890-424C-8163-EC762710C254.jpeg
    DCEA9C00-5890-424C-8163-EC762710C254.jpeg
    363.4 KB · Views: 230
Has anybody noticed that the left eye on the smiling face is wider than the right?

I got mine yesterday and while checking the sculpts out, I noticed it is hard to align the left eye, otherwise it looks a bit googly eyed
Yes, that's what I meant by the eyes looking off. I wanted to use that sculpt but I feel it looks bad because of the eyes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No exaggeration here, I’m about 60 figures in and this one made my jaw dropped to the floor, I’m impressed to the point that i didn’t even want to pull him out to pose him and display him, I took a pic and boxed him right back up...need time to absorb and dedicate a couple of hours to it....INCREDIBLE FIGURE.
That really does look damn good. The level of detail on this figure is incredible.

Trying to sell a figure to fund getting this.

Was a little bored this afternoon so decided to build a little dio base for jack, still want to add a wet look to the wood, add a few more trinkets and paint the edging black but, im happy with how its coming along.

Loving this figure :rock

ETyTsYR.png

That's not a bad idea; it takes some time to get the trinkets on him and I was frustrated I couldn't spend more time. I need to futz with him and the other Jacks...I couldn't do much right away but put him under protection until the weekend. Haven't played with the smiling face yet but wasn't planning on using that...I dunno yet, have to see the DX6 and this one together. The smirk would be good for Jack #1 and wonder if I could just put together a wig etc.

Have the feeling tho that this one is just gonna make the portraits on the first 2 Jacks just look SO bad...but maybe I'll keep them as-is tho. Sort of for historical interest or something. Do hope I can squeeze out another one of these $$$$ he's that good.:clap

Was a little bored this afternoon so decided to build a little dio base for jack, still want to add a wet look to the wood, add a few more trinkets and paint the edging black but, im happy with how its coming along.

Loving this figure :rock

ETyTsYR.png

Nice - I luv dio bases.

I was thinking about seeing is Sean Dabbs or CREG would be interested in making an accurate hat for Sparrow. I know CREG better than Sean but both are pretty talented at both sculpts and accessories.

If someone does custom hats, they'll need to have access to the full DX15 head, because I'd imagine they'll be resin and not have much give to them for putting them onto the figure's head, where like the HT and Medicom hats are like a firm rubbery material and allow you to for them on a bit if they're not a perfect fit.

If someone does custom hats, they'll need to have access to the full DX15 head, because I'd imagine they'll be resin and not have much give to them for putting them onto the figure's head, where like the HT and Medicom hats are like a firm rubbery material and allow you to for them on a bit if they're not a perfect fit.

Of course. I worked with CREG a couple years ago b/c we actually live near each other. Let him borrow my Zod headsculpt so he could get his version to the proper size :wink1: his schedule tends to be pretty packed though

I actually also asked raveneye if he could do one. Though he also needs the head to measure the size. An a real leather hat no less.

Finally got the hat. Looks so much better. Fits a little more snug than I’d like, but at least he isn’t wearing a diaper anymore. I can’t ever remember him wearing a hat like that in any of the films. They were never “droopy.”

Might have taken a few too many pics. :lol

99EF3FC3-199F-4B9E-A449-725CE1BAEAB9.jpeg

C2A7337D-74B5-497B-9962-BEDF25152B25.jpeg

3BACBD99-557E-4E66-9562-58646B1E717E.jpeg

B94CC4B4-CA6F-4445-9CDF-A488F9C42C2E.jpeg

58DFD960-F891-4EAB-890F-B38B44F4CC3A.jpeg

Looks like a whole new top piece for the head. Completely fabric and faux hair. Shame they didn’t reduce the size of the pelt. That’s my second issue with the figure. The pelt is too freakin’ huge, for whatever reason.

Some really cool custom bases and dios popping up. I forgot I'd made a ship base for my custom Goonies Sloth until tonight. Dug it up and put jack on it. I may have to mold and cast one for him as an alternate.

base.jpg

Wait, is Jack supposed to have the sash draped over the sword harness? It just looked so awkward on my figure, so I tucked it under the coat instead. o_O

Jack was miffed to hear that Sideshow does not currently have any replacement parts available [emoji23]

Even with a wonky nose this figure looks outstanding. It brought me right back to when I first unboxed my DX06 and that warm, piratey feeling. The hair really stands out as a fantastic addition and it just works.
9cdf3a67942566c5f45b5bf9d8c59196.jpg

Back