Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been a while since i posted here :lol but i got mine today (not a SS shipment). Having owned the dx06 way back when and hating having to sell it this is a welcome addition back to the collection( or lack there of). Its been a while since i collected HT, will post pics when i get the chance but he is amazing :rock, the hair is a little gimmicky but works if you tuck it away. The outfit and weathering is spot on, time to either hunt down a dx06 wheel or get one made :dance

I ended up paying off my flex payment plan (had two payments left) on Monday for this cause I couldn’t wait after seeing all of the pics!! Now only to find out today that it is out of stock with Sideshow and my final payment hasn’t been charged yet. They told me via email that they hope to get more in stock from HT by the first part of April. Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pics posted here so far! Got mine on Monday and haven’t had too much time to fiddle with him, but here’s the first pose I did with him:

249fbed465d78ff35d759575165f2f5c.jpg

superb shot- outdoor lighting is the best

Its been a while since i posted here :lol but i got mine today (not a SS shipment). Having owned the dx06 way back when and hating having to sell it this is a welcome addition back to the collection( or lack there of). Its been a while since i collected HT, will post pics when i get the chance but he is amazing :rock, the hair is a little gimmicky but works if you tuck it away. The outfit and weathering is spot on, time to either hunt down a dx06 wheel or get one made :dance

Where did you order from? I'm in the UK and not sure where to buy from at the mo.

Jack arrived a few minutes ago and unfortunately the happiness didn't last long. The serious face has a paint rub on the top of the nose and his red bandana has a scrape in it right on the front.

Does anyone even look at these things before they get boxed up? [emoji45]

Where did you order from? I'm in the UK and not sure where to buy from at the mo.

I picked it up from a FB page someone bought it from HK but changed their mind and i ended up getting it for more or less Uk retail price too.

Some quick pics of how he is posed now and the jacketless was right out the box not much futz.

Hopefully the pics show
x9bdtzy.jpg

qXImpVt.jpg

tT0YK6p.jpg

Jack arrived a few minutes ago and unfortunately the happiness didn't last long. The serious face has a paint rub on the top of the nose and his red bandana has a scrape in it right on the front.

Does anyone even look at these things before they get boxed up? [emoji45]

Sorry to hear that. Hope you'll share a photo of the damage.

That's the color Maulfan wants the coat to be.

My guess is April for BBTS orders.

Hey Indy MOS, great pose and photo, total Jack there.

thats a DVD cover pose!! Oh sorry 4K cover pose!! :)

Love that pose IndyMOS!

I just took a quick peek at the figure and it looks fantastic. I really love the DX treatment on the packaging, too.

It may be some time before I can set him up, as I have absolutely no display space available, especially for this one.

Highly recommend this figure. Now all I need is Barbossa and I'm good to go.

superb shot- outdoor lighting is the best

Thanks a lot guys! I usually take my pictures outdoors in shade for the natural lighting. Either that or inside but still using natural light.

This is such a great figure. There’s gonna be so much ways to display him. Coat/no coat, hat/no hat, on or off the base, etc. Easily one of my new favorite figures.

They really should’ve done Barbossa. That ship has very likely sailed(pun intended). Even a definitive DX Barbossa that covers the first four movies would’ve been fantastic.
- Swappable leg and peg leg
- Regular sword and sword of Triton
- Regular and skeleton Jack the Monkey
- The pistol he uses in 1-3 and the pistol from 4
- Apple
- Sao Feng’s map
- Telescope
- Pirate Code book from AWE
- Those two cannon balls attached with rope he carries in AWE
- For the base, it could’ve been the Aztec treasure chest from COTBP on top of a pile of treasure. Man that would’ve been my favorite figure as well lol.

I love the shark display but it really doesn't work well in a detolf to have him stand on top of the canon.

Even so, it still has a terrific shelf presence. I need to attach all the little stuff to his belt tomorrow.

byHvKuph.jpg

Here’s one without the coat and hat. This is an awesome way to display him as well.

69d9e3c1ca94abcfe9597d3db52556ff.jpg

That's the color Maulfan wants the coat to be.

I'd really love to interview Hot Toys to find out why they choose the browns they do for his coat, what reference they're basing on or what choice they make to deviate from the true color, it's puzzling.

No.

But I can't explain Tarkin being only $30 less from the same company.

Or for that matter, Iron Man MK VI being $85 more for 4 pieces of diecast.

Sparrow is an unexplainably good deal. :)

Or maybe the others are just terrible deals. I got $100 off of my Jack because of reward points. So I got a really good deal that way.

Anyway, I really like this figure. I feel the smirking face looks TOO goofy. I wanted to display him with that face originally, but I don't like it as much as I thought I would. I think it is actually the eyes that make it look off for me. I had a hard time getting them to line up on that face and once I did they looked odd combined with the way the mouth looks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Has anybody noticed that the left eye on the smiling face is wider than the right?

I got mine yesterday and while checking the sculpts out, I noticed it is hard to align the left eye, otherwise it looks a bit googly eyed

I'd really love to interview Hot Toys to find out why they choose the browns they do for his coat, what reference they're basing on or what choice they make to deviate from the true color, it's puzzling.

As that picture demonstrates, maybe it is all in the lighting and his wardrobe coat is actually "brown"...

Han's Hoth coat part 2? Maybe, I've just scoured countless photos and never seen one in the shade of the HT coats.

Have you looked at the wardrobe pictures from touring shows? Maybe that's where HT got it from...?

pirates caribbean jack sparrow costume.jpg

johnnydepp JackSparrow Pirates3 costume.jpg

JackSparrow Pirates4 costume.jpg

Who knows if those are even genuine... seeing the actual costumes in person is often disappointing. Movie magic and all that.

Ever go to a Price is Right taping? I had a friend go once and she was shocked how cheap it all looked in person. All the sets look hokey and wrong colors, like they are put together with scotch tape. Her experience always made me laugh.

Back