Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would imagine development costs would be part of it.

While Jack does feature some new pieces, a lot of it already exists, molds, fabric patterns, etc. If he were a wholly new figure with all new things they had not developed before, I could see this set being closer to $300 at today's rates.

That's a reasonable explanation for why Jack is so reasonably priced. Now can anyone tell me why a figure with two extra hands and a space gun is $225?

That's a reasonable explanation for why Jack is so reasonably priced. Now can anyone tell me why a figure with two extra hands and a space gun is $225?

drawn-logo-star-wars-2.jpg

=

$$$$$

Haven’t gotten a chance to really futz with him yet but definitely noticed the improvements right out the box. I don’t really remember the dx06 requiring this much futzing, especially with the coat and sash. I love the material they used on the belts and dreads. Only part I’m not happy with is the hat. The 2nd pic is the hats switched and I def prefer the old one. Gotta buy another hat since I plan to sell the dx06.
6037ae7bc471849b38db504f554d9e8c.jpg
7fa99ba8f8ecbe28019a29e9db4c7212.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my Jack today. Didn’t have much time to fiddle with him, but I gotta say... the hat is atrocious. Looks nothing like it did in the film. Picked up the dx06 hat and will be taking pics of him when that arrives.

Uncanny sculpt.

The 15 looks like such an improvement. No faux stitched button holes on the vest. Better colored boots. Belts looks nicer too. Other than the hat, looks like everything got an upgrade.

I never used the coat or hat from my DX06... thankfully, I now have a use for the old hat....

Uncanny sculpt.

The 15 looks like such an improvement. No faux stitched button holes on the vest. Better colored boots. Belts looks nicer too. Other than the hat, looks like everything got an upgrade.

I never used the coat or hat from my DX06... thankfully, I now have a use for the old hat....
That’s good to hear! This is my first Jack since the original Medicom release. Actually, I think that was my first 1/6 figure period. It aged out of the collection last year, sadly. It’s still in the family though. :lol

Very happy to see that the DX15 has turned out so fantastically. (Hah - and for no good reason at all I've already got the DX06 hat in my box of parts, so that's one less expense...)

I'll have to vicariously enjoy everyone else's owners photos for quite a while though, the EU/UK dealers always get these things in a good few months after the US/Sideshow has shipped out all of the pre-orders. Still, this figure looks fantastic - and Jack just kinda is one of those iconic characters that can take being a lone-representative character for a whole franchise.

While the whole quality of the figure looks improved, I’d say the face plates, maybe hair piece and probably coat would be the most worth upgrading, the other parts are so small, you probably wouldn’t pick up on the differences just displaying the figure.

I'm looking to move on my DX15 coat, if anyone is interested?

Great pics posted here so far! Got mine on Monday and haven’t had too much time to fiddle with him, but here’s the first pose I did with him:

249fbed465d78ff35d759575165f2f5c.jpg

What blows my mind is what you get for your money now compared to a few years ago. Bespin Luke was $299 and you essentially got two figures. T-800 was $229 and had lots of goodies. But now an Iron Man with a few things costs $407.

Tap'd from my 7+

I’m not certain but I believe Bespin Luke came before Disney bought LFL and Terminator isn’t a major property.

Bottom line is Marvel and Star Wars cost more post-Disney buy out, whether there’s legit reasons for it or pure greed, these brands went up.

Hey does anyone have an idea of when BBTS may be getting theirs?

Assuming 2nd shipment now, which is 3 weeks behind the original boat so I hear.

So best case is end of March, worst case is 2nd week in April.

All I know for sure is that I have received no 10 day notice from BBTS.

Love that pose IndyMOS!

I just took a quick peek at the figure and it looks fantastic. I really love the DX treatment on the packaging, too.

It may be some time before I can set him up, as I have absolutely no display space available, especially for this one.

Highly recommend this figure. Now all I need is Barbossa and I'm good to go.

Back