Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the love of god i still dont have the bits on the belt still. I am having trouble with the shrunken head keychain the most. My loop is too short i think.

For the love of god i still dont have the bits on the belt still. I am having trouble with the shrunken head keychain the most. My loop is too short i think.

Same trouble for me...thats why i just threaded up under the belt and let the belt keepnit in place

I am unsure as to how the stuff is put on the belt. Do i have to undo all the belts? I went ahead and undid the brown belt as figured the main accessories feed onto the belt, but i can't figure out what it means by attaching the other two bits to the buckle. How do you do that?

Jack is a bit of a build a figure. I’m sure there are ways to add the trinkets without deconstructing him, but your best option is to take off the belts and build him up.

Hi again. I posted a few posts back that I received Captain Jack Sparrow DMTNT just this past Thursday and I was pleased with it. Now I have a question, based on some photos in the last few posts. It's concerning Sparrows facial 'complexion'. Mine is that he's a tad dark, like a deep 'tan'. So my question is, these photos, in the last few posts by SilentsSurfer and especially GreenLantern seem to show his facial complexion to be a much lighter tone. It looks like SilentSurfer used a flash on Jack at the wheel. GreenLantern looks like a flash was not used but picture taken in a very bright room. Could be wrong about that one. When I took my own picture of Jack with flash mode 'on' his complexion seemed to match the pictures I've seen in these last few posts. Anyway, I'm still thrilled to have this and it's the spitting image of the great Captain.

Mike

Same issue with the DX06. Some of my pics, and others I have seen, make him look darker and more tan than he actually is.

Tap'd from my 7+

If Hot Toys were to ever give us a COTBP Jack Sparrow, it would definitely need to be a DX and the stand/base be the crows nest/mast section as seen in that video clip above.

Saw this one on ebay. Pretty cool but spendy.

5b69b92dce5a18b285d9e9ead892dee9.jpg

Tap'd from my 7+

The tricorn is the biggest disappointment of DX06 and DX15, from head to toe they are incredible pieces, but the hat looks worse than the MMS hat that came out half a decade prior while every other item is significantly beyond the accessories of the MMS releases, it's just puzzling, and they make shapes that look nothing like Jack's hat in any movie.

I have to agree. The hat looks saggy and the shape reminds me of a jester’s looking at it from the front. I prefer the coat less look without the hat so at least I don’t feel forced to invest in an expensive “better” replacement hat.

I think a lot of folks are either happy with the stock hat or fine displaying him hatless because in the 1/6 world today, there’d at least be an interest thread for getting custom hats made. All the pics I’ve ever seen on the web have been stock hat or none.

No.

But I can't explain Tarkin being only $30 less from the same company.

Or for that matter, Iron Man MK VI being $85 more for 4 pieces of diecast.

Sparrow is an unexplainably good deal. :)

Can anyone explain to me the economics of Sideshow's Zuckuss being only $40 less than Jack?

I would imagine development costs would be part of it.

While Jack does feature some new pieces, a lot of it already exists, molds, fabric patterns, etc. If he were a wholly new figure with all new things they had not developed before, I could see this set being closer to $300 at today's rates.

Back