Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great lines riddled through out all these movies. My favorites are usually Barbosa‘s or Davy Jones’.

9P8hupe.jpg

Where did this Black Pearl come from?

nPNpsx

So I took a picture of Jack this morning, in natural lighting with no flash, and it looks like some of the recent photos submitted by GreenLantern and SilentSurfer. I guess my worries of his face being too dark from paint application is not the issue I previously thought it was.

Mike

Wonderful pics! This is definitely one of Hot Toys' best (if not the best) release in my opinion. It is loaded with accessories too. I am still waiting for mine to arrive and I am starting to get impatient. :impatient:

If Hot Toys were to ever give us a COTBP Jack Sparrow, it would definitely need to be a DX and the stand/base be the crows nest/mast section as seen in that video clip above.

That would be an instant buy. I doubt we'll see it tho. HT has become obsesses with making the latest version of characters, hence why they never made a Loki from the first Thor film. :dunno Maybe one day we'll get a Cannibal 2.0. Close enough to COTBP.

g51OiTj.jpg

Merci pour ta review, Bo Shrek :clap

Ordered mine today from a French retailer so I guess I won't get it before May... :slap

Well, it's either that or paying an extra $50 for shipping and nearly $100 more for import taxes :duh but anyway, from the pics and reviews I've seen so far, it is well worth the wait! (i'm just not sure about the stand, but maybe it looks better in real life)

Bring me that horizon!!!

Awesome pics! I'd heard the accessories were a pain. I saw that someone was threading them with tweezers. I'll know your pain come monday. lol

Arrrgh... I'm useless when it comes to that sort of things!! I struggled so hard to put the helmet and the cape on Avengers Loki and yet people seemed to say it was easy. So now if people are saying the accessories are a pain, I'd rather not imagine how much time it's gonna take me to add them to the belt! :rolleyes2

Bring me that horizon!!!

Awesome pics! I'd heard the accessories were a pain. I saw that someone was threading them with tweezers. I'll know your pain come monday. lol

Tweezers will be your best friend for properly building Jack, but that’s part of the fun, I like having to build up figures and tweak them to my liking, not a “take it out of the box and off you go” collector. Only time I mind is when parts are fragile, then I hate the pressure of trying not to ruin a part that’d cost $30 or more to replace.

I bet it’s the first batch and will return end of April when the second batch arrives.

It’s been years since I got a Hot Toys figure at release time, do they still have issues with only shipping partial inventory to the U.S. or does this seem specific to Jack? Granted the box looks huge and probably limits the number of figures per case.

It’s been years since I got a Hot Toys figure at release time, do they still have issues with only shipping partial inventory to the U.S. or does this seem specific to Jack? Granted the box looks huge and probably limits the number of figures per case.

No, there's also been a number of split shipments for other figures (none that I've bought recently though, just heard about it).

But this split shipment is very short - supposedly only 2-3 weeks delayed - so they must have got the rest of the allotment on the very next boat.

No 10 day notice from BBTS so maybe they too are on the next shipment. If so, means SS got a very small bunch. Wonder who the lucky ones are?

No, there's also been a number of split shipments for other figures (none that I've bought recently though, just heard about it).

But this split shipment is very short - supposedly only 2-3 weeks delayed - so they must have got the rest of the allotment on the very next boat.

No 10 day notice from BBTS so maybe they too are on the next shipment. If so, means SS got a very small bunch. Wonder who the lucky ones are?

While I’m fairly sure we BBTS folks have a decent wait ahead, they also don’t always get enough notice of a product coming in to send out notices. I’m just hoping my order was placed with them fast enough that if they get limited stock first, mine will be one of the ones going out.

Yup. I'm loving all the photos so I'm looking forward to seeing more!

I had Flex Pay for my Jack so I'll be getting him in May but these photos and video reviews sure aren't helping. lol What timing though for you all given the figure's US release coinciding with a major videogame about Pirates this Tuesday. Haha

Back