Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whole different vest, different color to the pants, I’m not sure 100% but I believe the lone belt worn in Curse doesn’t match any from DMC on, the sword scabbard is also different in Curse. That’s costume pieces you can easily change, then there’s hat, bandanda, hair length color and trinkets, rings on his hands, no tattoos on his fingers.

View attachment 397383

View attachment 397384

Just about everything from COTBP was lost due to the fact they had no idea it was going to become so popular. So when they came back to make more, they had to practically remake everything so the whole outfit changes in DMC and AWE, then again in OST and then additions/slight changes to the wardrobe in DMTNT and a coat material change with something that has more of a crosshatch to it. Ony thing that survived from COTBP was the material for his sash with they then scanned sonhey could print and manufacture their own and I believe one hat was found when they looked through storage which they used to make multiple copies such as rubber versions for water scenes. MaulFan got most of it of the parts :clap :duff:

Any questions about the different costumes or accessories that you may have, you can find the answers here. :)

Best website about the Jack Sparrow costumes.

https://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Wow thanks very much guys. :duff

It's missing that fur pelt though.

You can see it next to the very bottom belt buckle. It's much smaller than the one on the figure which is way oversized.

I really love the Black Pearl costume - it is so simplistic compared to the cluttered costume he wears now.

There's so much stuff going on in that picture on the previous page, you can hardly see the dagger tucked in his belt which is reaching towards his chin.

Hate the new snake skin belt.

At first I didn’t like the double belts and extra trinkets in DMC/AWE, but that’s become my favorite, one belt doesn’t feel right, and 3 is overkill, even if it were a more plain belt like the other two.

The fur on the DX figure belts is a bit oversized but looks much better than plastic which is what the MMS figures came with, and HT made the fur in a way they stay on where the plastic ones could pop off easily.

At first I didn’t like the double belts and extra trinkets in DMC/AWE, but that’s become my favorite, one belt doesn’t feel right, and 3 is overkill, even if it were a more plain belt like the other two.

The fur on the DX figure belts is a bit oversized but looks much better than plastic which is what the MMS figures came with, and HT made the fur in a way they stay on where the plastic ones could pop off easily.

The COTBP hair is still my favorite. You could always see the beads and his hair was mostly straight, which was better visually when the wind made it flow like during his intro.

His DMC hair was so thick and full of dreads that the beads were lost in there most of the time. There was only one scene in DMC where his hair looked like COTBP, and that's the "hide the rum" scene with Elizabeth. ...and at the very and of AWE, when he's with the girls. I'd still get a DMC figure, since the film is great and JS still looked cool.

OST was the worst hair, imo. The light colors, the red colors, nothing but dreads and just too long and impractical. He looked like an old lady. The dx 06 made him look better than the movie.

I think DMTNT was an improvement. I like how they gave him the long straight hair again and deliberately positioned the kuchi beads (left side beads) right next to his face in almost every shot like in the first film.

Other than the blonde, which I’m mostly ok with because it makes sense with the time he spends in the sun, I like the Pirates 5 hair best, I don’t like how much straight hair he had in Curse, but the dreads were too strong in 2 and 3, but with 5 they found a good balance of straight hair from 1 and dreads from 2/3 to give him an eccentric style and unique look.

Next film hes going wake up ontop of a palm tree in his underwear with an empty rum bottle and a half shaved head :rotfl

And Jack the monkeys stolen the Pearl :monkey3

That video is awesome--thanks for posting it! 😃 Wow--I am really looking forward to getting him, especially after seeing that and all the other pictures on here. Such an incredible figure. Hopefully Sideshow will be shipping him out soon! 😁

For those of you that have both, I have a question. I don’t know if this is been answered already, but does the DX 06 hat fit on the DX 15 head?

That video is awesome--thanks for posting it! 😃 Wow--I am really looking forward to getting him, especially after seeing that and all the other pictures on here. Such an incredible figure. Hopefully Sideshow will be shipping him out soon! 😁

he's supposedly shipping on the 14th of March from SS by their email for those of us who ordered from them.

That oversized pelt is bothering me now, wonder if it can be trimmed or something.

Well, based on how the DX06 attached, the belt feeds through, you could probably manipulate it to make it look smaller. I don't mind the size so much as it looks much lighter this time around than DX06, I like the DX06 color better.

...et voila!

et voila vid 3-6-18.jpg

My DX15 coat is in transit from NY right now, so I should have it before the weekend, though a major snow storm is heading this way. Whether other people get much value from it or not, I'm intending to take photos of it under various lighting conditions as a study of how the color looks. From pics and vids so far, I've seen it look brown, nearly black, and even almost spot on color, so the fabric seems to respond to lighting differently, I'm very curious to see what it's like in hand, how it responds to my display and photo lighting and such and determine if I'm going to try and dye it to make it a consistent color. If it looks great on display but my photos all look wrong, that's no good, and vice versa, even if I can get great photos, I don't want him looking off on my shelf either.

Back